Never really have it a chance till now, it's really engaging and fun.

hatefulpeace

I definitely like this kind of pvp over the ground stuff. Yeah I know I shouldn't share my opinion on the internet who cares 🤣 , but I'm gonna anyways. It's the only pvp game I've played where I don't actually care about winning , because the game it self is enjoyable. Love how you can go around objects and if you mess up you blow up haha 😂. Love how they didnt make it so you need to use over 30 abilities and know all classes to even compete, with adding in a 4 thousand year gear grind. The first ship you get is capable of playing and destroying. The flight controls are natural and easy to get into.

Wish they had more ship customizations, and that the hanger for your star fighter was accessable in your star ship.

Also I'm gonna say it, Galactic Starfighter is way better than anything jump to light speed from swg has. Which I just got done playing 30 hours of. Refreshing I don't have to spent 20 mins flying to some stupid point to PvE, and then zero pvp.

I think they did a good job on it, and hope they don't abandon it.

I definitely like this kind of pvp over the ground stuff. Yeah I know I shouldn't share my opinion on the internet who cares 🤣 , but I'm gonna anyways. It's the only pvp game I've played where I don't actually care about winning , because the game it self is enjoyable. Love how you can go around objects and if you mess up you blow up haha 😂. Love how they didnt make it so you need to use over 30 abilities and know all classes to even compete, with adding in a 4 thousand year gear grind. The first ship you get is capable of playing and destroying. The flight controls are natural and easy to get into.

Wish they had more ship customizations, and that the hanger for your star fighter was accessable in your star ship.

Also I'm gonna say it, Galactic Starfighter is way better than anything jump to light speed from swg has. Which I just got done playing 30 hours of. Refreshing I don't have to spent 20 mins flying to some stupid point to PvE, and then zero pvp.

It won't be abandoned. Been around too long for that, and they are giving incentives play. Glad you like it. As a game it is in a good state of balance right now. The biggest reason - arguably the only reason - you have unbalanced matches, is because the the huge skill divide among its player base. But in terms of class balance, and ship effectiveness, its in a really nice place. Something ground PVP has never had.

It could definitely do with a better tutorial, but if you are someone who can aim, and read and understand descriptions of components, you will progress well.

It is so cool how many people have discovered GSF lately. If you already like it well as a new pilot, you'll be having such a great time soon enough. GSF is extremely harsh for those who are still learning. If you already find ways to enjoy it and have fun with it during those first steps, you'll become a great pilot in no time.

Most people don't " get" GSF during their first 10- 25 matches. At all. Bad in-game tutorial, no opportunities to fly freely and figure stuff out at peace. - > Notable portion of the community " hates" GSF. Almost everybody who manages to figure it out ends up having extremely high opinnion of it. Best part of SW:TOR by far. Experience of playing TOR as a GSF pilot is one of the few truly unique things this game has going for it.

Also, what Luc said. It is unusual to have a pvp mode within an MMO that is half as well balanced as GSF is. 10-11 ships out of 12 have legitimate, vital roles to play.And even the 12th ship, T2 GS, works fine in hands of a good pilot. Yet, all of these ships differ from one another in very drastic ways. These are very impressive numbers. There are some vastly popular pvp heavy weighter games that can't compare in terms of how well balanced everything is. World of tanks comes to mind.

"Imablances" in GSF come from how difficult it is to make specific ship with specific build work well for you. Some ships are quite hostile for new pilots to operate, some are comparatively easy to operate and learn.* Currently, Strike fighters are (entirely intentionally and by design) bit of a fotm in this regard. They are terrifying in hands of an experienced pilot. Meanwhile, even new pilots have easy time learning the ropes in them. For a new pilot, killing other new pilots on a strikefighter is fairly easy, which is great. New pilots being total needle cushions for proton torpedos from other new pilots is a good state of matters I think. Meanwhile, experienced pilot in a scout or GS can counter/ruin the day of another experienced pilot in a strikefighter.

* Even this is somewhat subjective though. " Which is a great ship to start GSF with?" is a question that ends up with pretty different answers, depending on whom you ask. I heavily recommend strikes for new pilots. Many others would rather suggest any of the scouts or t1 GS as your "1st ship" People recommend what they themselves remember flying when GSF " clicked" for them.

Edited by Stradlin

It won't be abandoned. Been around too long for that, and they are giving incentives play. Glad you like it. As a game it is in a good state of balance right now. The biggest reason - arguably the only reason - you have unbalanced matches, is because the the huge skill divide among its player base. But in terms of class balance, and ship effectiveness, its in a really nice place. Something ground PVP has never had.

It could definitely do with a better tutorial, but if you are someone who can aim, and read and understand descriptions of components, you will progress well.

There were ALWAYS unbalanced matches --- the big difference now is you aren't having to wait as long for the next one.

Have to disagree with this, I preferred SWG's space combat, never had an issue getting to fights, either pvp, or pve.

It was easier to pick up, and much more fun. And because it was also PvE, you could go against npc's, and learn the craft without getting blowing to bits at spawn points before even trying to move.

I doubt it, they've already pandered to the GSF community by making it the best CQ objectives going, and now with GS throwing it at everyone, you've more people than ever playing. The also seem to have devs on their side. So no, I doubt they'll forget about it.

Edited by DarkTergon