Can we have a smaller stronghold?

Master-Nala

Back when I played EQ2, I used to love having a couple of small houses to use for specific purposes. For example, I used one almost exclusively as a store and it was decorated to match.

The Yavin and Tatooine strongholds are quite grand, but how about something simpler like a Tython retreat cabin or a mini-Hutta palace.

Back when I played EQ2, I used to love having a couple of small houses to use for specific purposes. For example, I used one almost exclusively as a store and it was decorated to match.

The Yavin and Tatooine strongholds are quite grand, but how about something simpler like a Tython retreat cabin or a mini-Hutta palace.

I totally agree. I bought all 3 strongholds but only used the Balcony on Tattooine. I dont want tons of rooms. I want a small place to rest, craft, run missions, and meditate. I never go down into the Tattooine pits. etc.

I would love a small instance in more places. A tython cabin would be great. Or a balcony atop the dread fortress (Once you clear it) etc.

I could get into a 3-4 room place, but really everything in swtor is ridiculously huge and sprawling.

The new Yavin IV stronghold is so stupid even if people were going to inhabit those temples they would build structures within them. A real life comparison would be like using a sports arena as your bedroom, stupid and ridiculous.

Yes, even the smallest strongholds on Coruscant and Kaas City are huge and sprawling when completely unlocked (and if left unlocked... I have to make up mysterious reasons explaining why doors are locked).

I'd like a much smaller place with just a few rooms, and much smaller rooms at that.

And the ability to change the colour of the walls and floor. And change what hooks go where (more than the limited options for changing hooks that are currently available). And plant decorations that aren't all in gigantic pots so I can actually make nice looking arrangements out of them. And... Okay, too demanding :p

I would settle for just having a smaller place though.

I agree, I have been really hoping for a cozy little apartment for some of my characters. Tython and Korriban would be great choices for that.

I also long ago requested a small faction-neutral "flagship" for small guilds, something not much bigger than a player ship, for a little independent crew to run. I like the idea of a ship's interior as a one-player home, too.

Either of these things could be made really dense with hooks and still have a much lower limit than the current ones, so they could be a lot of fun to decorate!

Yes, even the smallest strongholds on Coruscant and Kaas City are huge and sprawling when completely unlocked (and if left unlocked... I have to make up mysterious reasons explaining why doors are locked).
Coruscant and DK are probably the lowest limit how small they would ever develop strongholds. Smaller just wouldn't really justify doing it in the first place. It's not like they're unrealistic either. Lots of upper-market apartements like that in New York or Hong Kong Edited by Pietrastor

Coruscant and DK are probably the lowest limit how small they would ever develop strongholds. Smaller just wouldn't really justify doing it in the first place. It's not like they're unrealistic either. Lots of upper-market apartements like that in New York or Hong Kong

unrealistic for a soldier, smuggler, or jedi

I know what you're saying, but it's probably not worth the developme - Wait a minute...

What if it was like an apartment complex, where each characters had a small room where they could put their stuff, and just wander into other peoples places without changing instance. (I'm thinking like neighbourhoods in LOTRO)?

I was kinda hoping Guild ships would have had this with a crew deck with individually assigned rooms.

I know what you're saying, but it's probably not worth the developme - Wait a minute...

I disagree. Like I said EQ2 did this with their housing. You have gigantic islands and tiny dojos. All of them sell on the market. I would be smaller strongholds would actually sell pretty well if priced right since people wouldn't need to spend millions just to decorate them properly.

There's a reason some people spring for Tatooine or Yavin and some people stick to Coruscant / Dromund Kaas. The ideas people have for strongholds are pretty diverse, so it makes sense for these things to exist at a lot of different scales. They could make one as big as the entire Alderaan world space that costs a billion credits, and some people would actually buy that. If they made a cramped little apartment, people would absolutely buy that too.

The last one they introduced was flippin' huge, and that really doesn't need to become a trend. I have the Tatooine one, and it's enormous. I've really got my work cut out for me decorating that thing. I can't imagine wanting one that's actually bigger! But a tiny one? I would be all over that. It would be a really nice change of pace, and it would offer something that we don't actually have yet. We've got large and medium covered, you know? Time to mix it up!

I don't think anybody is suggesting that this should be done instead of more medium or large-sized strongholds. I hope they keep adding a wide variety of them for years to come!

I was thinking, the same way the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas ones have the exact same layout with basically just different paint jobs, they could do the same thing with humble little homes on the 4 starter planets. That would be a pretty good shortcut development-wise.

I would love to have one extra small stronghold, like a mind-trap: one room with normal lightning/window view and one large hook for GTN and cargo bay/such stuff. Then I'd have faster loading times than I do with my filled strongholds, and I'd still be able to fill my four strongholds to the brim with pretty stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Well, this post is from 2015, and yet, still as relevant as when it was first made.

So, recently, we got a new SH, the apartment on Fleet. It is not really an apartment is it. One of the rooms, would be enough to create the illusion of an apartment. And yet, when they come with something, it has to have huge rooms, huge hallways, huge doors... I just want something small, dude.

Another thing that makes little sense these days tbh, due to Cartel market and extreme inflation of credit value, is the difficulty of getting hold of furniture or whatever really, to even decorate these huge beasts we call strongholds.

I get it, it is about making money in a game, but to be quite frank... the difficulty of getting hold of such items, especially for beginners, is beyond absurd. Now, all this of course comes down to how you wanna decorate your place. Realistic, in the sense of RP, or just dump stuff in it, to... I dunno, just do it.

Point is, bigger is not always better. Strongholds to many, as well as me, are becoming less and less interesting, cause it follows the exact same formula every time. You buy it, do your outmost to decorate the bugger, maybe succeed or give up cause getting hold of what you want, is close to impossible these days.

I have been here since the start, and... I still want my friggin, small, messy apartment on fleet! Not that... over dimensioned beast we got recently!

Either way, I said my piece, and am now going back to my... funny fluid in a bottle!

Stay safe peeps!

It occurs to me that part of the problem may have to do with the various achievements, etc, for having 100% decorated Strongholds.

So even the new Apartments are fairly large, with a lot of hooks. (When I get my Fleet apartment I intend to not junk it up by trying to cram too many decos in it. It will likely never get to 100%)

Perhaps what they need is a new housing "class" - maybe calling them "Residences" or something - that are small and are not concerned with 100% or achievements.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, this post is from 2015, and yet, still as relevant as when it was first made.

So, recently, we got a new SH, the apartment on Fleet. It is not really an apartment is it. One of the rooms, would be enough to create the illusion of an apartment. And yet, when they come with something, it has to have huge rooms, huge hallways, huge doors... I just want something small, dude.

Another thing that makes little sense these days tbh, due to Cartel market and extreme inflation of credit value, is the difficulty of getting hold of furniture or whatever really, to even decorate these huge beasts we call strongholds.

I get it, it is about making money in a game, but to be quite frank... the difficulty of getting hold of such items, especially for beginners, is beyond absurd. Now, all this of course comes down to how you wanna decorate your place. Realistic, in the sense of RP, or just dump stuff in it, to... I dunno, just do it.

Point is, bigger is not always better. Strongholds to many, as well as me, are becoming less and less interesting, cause it follows the exact same formula every time. You buy it, do your outmost to decorate the bugger, maybe succeed or give up cause getting hold of what you want, is close to impossible these days.

I have been here since the start, and... I still want my friggin, small, messy apartment on fleet! Not that... over dimensioned beast we got recently!

Either way, I said my piece, and am now going back to my... funny fluid in a bottle!

Stay safe peeps!

I wouldn't buy from market unless you want someone specific/shiny/cool. You can get stuff for dirt cheap from decoration merchants if you want "beginner" decorations

The Fleet apartment is plenty small, only 3 separate rooms breaking off from the main hallway... everyone here got their wish, any smaller and you can just go find a corner on a planet somewhere and claim it as your own. It can even be taken to 100% without being all cramped... if you make a toon on Star Forge and look at one called Talliwhacker's Hideout you will see how its properly done to 100%.

My big complaint is how the heck are you supposed to fully decorate a flagship with only 800 hooks!! Thats a crock!

Edited by FaceMelterFett

If you want a small Stronghold, get Tatooine and only decorate the balcony portion. You don't "have to" decorate it to 100%. 🙂

It seems as though some people want a 'small' SH - about the size of Tatooine's balcony - but they still want to cram 800 hooks into it, and make it "100%".

Edited by JediQuaker