Bioware, can u disable the Vote to kick from Ranked?

Snippao

Hi,

i have been trying to play Ranked and trying to learn it. I have watched some videos, read some guides but when it comes to practice it simply seems to be impossible because i get ****d from ranked every time that I play.

I have come From WoW and i´m used to play ranked There. IM no noob in ranked matchs but im not used to this game yet and it seems that i will never be because of this nonsense system that allows crybaby players to kick other players because they are angry for their loss. Its funny that i never get ****d when my team wins a match i only get ****d when we lose...

Does these guys pays more than me to play? I mean, why can they make this game a bad experience for me? And why do you expect me (and other players) to keep playing if it is a bad experience?

Why dont u just add a "AVOID PLAYER" button? So a player that dont want to play with another will just click it and he will never be on the same team again? Or they will not be on the same team for a X amount of time?

Its a lot better than kiking ppl from the match for no real reason.

Im tired of playing Unranked and i dont play PVE (Never did in any MMO), i wanna play ranked but it seems that this game is not friendly for new players.

Plz, change it, the 'crybabys' players must learn that to lose is a part of this game and that if they cant stand to it then its THEM, the toxic guys, who should leave it instead of us.

Lemme know when u change it so i can return to this game and enjoy it like i was enjoying before started to play ranked.

Edited by Snippao

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe try learning how to play the game in regs, ranked isn't for you to waste others time while you learn basic game mechanics. If you're getting kicked its probably because you either suck or someone actually doesn't like you, but since it happens all the time I would say its because you suck. Take a moment to look at it from the ranked players view, a match starts with 7 good players and 1 troll. whichever team gets that troll will most likely lose, then they kick you. New players should be learning how to play the game before queueing.

The vote kick system should not be removed, tho a gate should be added to prevent total noobs from queueing into ranked.

Bottom line: your issue will be solved if you get good.

Maybe try learning how to play the game in regs, ranked isn't for you to waste others time while you learn basic game mechanics. If you're getting kicked its probably because you either suck or someone actually doesn't like you, but since it happens all the time I would say its because you suck. Take a moment to look at it from the ranked players view, a match starts with 7 good players and 1 troll. whichever team gets that troll will most likely lose, then they kick you. New players should be learning how to play the game before queueing.

The vote kick system should not be removed, tho a gate should be added to prevent total noobs from queueing into ranked.

Most ranked players are already the biggest trolls on their servers anyway, your post being further evidence of that.

You have no idea if the guy knows anything about game mechanics or if he's going up against wintraders, but since he says something that you don't agree with you attack him.

Most ranked players are already the biggest trolls on their servers anyway, your post being further evidence of that.

You have no idea if the guy knows anything about game mechanics or if he's going up against wintraders, but since he says something that you don't agree with you attack him.

Considering the guy literally said that hes new to ranked and pvp in general its safe to assume he's bad, that along with being constantly kicked and blamed for losses. again, safe to assume he's not good.

Ranked players have every right to get angry when trash players constantly queue, ranked is for good players, not total noobs.

Considering the guy literally said that hes new to ranked and pvp in general its safe to assume he's bad, that along with being constantly kicked and blamed for losses. again, safe to assume he's not good.

Ranked players have every right to get angry when trash players constantly queue, ranked is for good players, not total noobs.

Ranked is not some form of brain surgery, contrary to how difficult you seem to make it sound new people can be good at it. Although it seems like it was some sort of personal achievement for you, so congrats on being a big fish in a puddle.

And that's not even touching on all of the wintraders and people that just kick out anyone who isn't part of their clique.

Your arrogant attitude that pervades throughout ranked is why it's dying.

Edited by Skullbash

Just watching some videos won't make you ready, there's a lot to learn about the game. Even more so when it comes to MMO PvP, playing one doesn't mean you'll fully understand the other, even more so if there's balancing issues.

What I would recommend is to join a PvP guild and ask to do challenges with them, everyone in the group can probably help each other, but if you can get a member that plays ranked often. They'll likely have more information to help you & friends.

As for vote kicking, it's abused for sure. I've seen wins where friends vote to kick someone because they don't like them.

Situations like those shouldn't happen for sure, but there are sometimes people join up and simply are not ready or do not care how they perform. While I don't care enough to vote kick at least 90% of the time, some go overboard with it even to the point of kicking decent enough players, just to have someone to "blame."

Whether it gets abused or used correctly it's a poor feature that's really only a bandaid.

Things they could do instead raise the requirements to queue for Solo Ranked.

• For example 306 item level, tactical, set bonus. Realistically if you want to be 'competitive' this is the baseline.

• A quest to promote the use of Warzone Medpacs and Adrenals. Most players don't really seem to take advantage of these.

• Achievement tied to queuing up, most players will easily meet it if not already meet it if it was added. Make not only a valor requirement, which is already low. However, problem there lies with alts, raising valor on tons of alts is very time-consuming. However achievements are legacy, so reaching a valor rank achievement or warzone game amounts achievements would be a great one.

• Remove the ability to decline pops, remove the ability to leave the match. Force players into the match with only a little time to accept before being forced. Why? Prevents majority backfills including intentional ones. Also prevents early leaves that affect elo gain and loss. Everyone is forced in so we have names to go with if someone is trying to throw for another. Currently decliners and backfills are hard to pinpoint because you often don't get to see who caused it.

I've seen wins where friends vote to kick someone because they don't like them.

One wonders why such people are still considered "friends."

Situations like those shouldn't happen for sure, but there are sometimes people join up and simply are not ready or do not care how they perform. While I don't care enough to vote kick at least 90% of the time, some go overboard with it even to the point of kicking decent enough players, just to have someone to "blame."

I do the best I can to dissuade people from kicking unless the person is deliberately trolling the queue. Ironically, some of the biggest proponents of kicking literally throw games on people they don't like on occasion. These people are moronic hypocrites.

[*]Remove the ability to decline pops, remove the ability to leave the match. Force players into the match with only a little time to accept before being forced. Why? Prevents majority backfills including intentional ones. Also prevents early leaves that affect elo gain and loss. Everyone is forced in so we have names to go with if someone is trying to throw for another. Currently decliners and backfills are hard to pinpoint because you often don't get to see who caused it.

What about people that miss pops because they're afk? What you're suggesting is the way it worked before, and I remember plenty of afk leavers back in sesaon 1 when people were forced into the matches. I know cross-role backfills suck, but I think it's better than a 3v4.

There's perhaps a hybrid solution, which is when you get a pop, you get a ready screen like they have for flashpoints, except you can't see who the other players are. If everyone readies up, the match starts. If someone is afk or declines at that point, the match won't start and no one loses anything. Maybe that could still be abused in some way, or just used to troll the queue by declining constantly, but I think it would be better than what we have now.

People like you are the reason ranked queue is dead. You're probably not even that good.

One wonders why such people are still considered "friends."

I was talking in terms, that the people who kicked the person were friends, teaming up to kick players they do not like. Not people I would consider a friend.

What about people that miss pops because they're afk? What you're suggesting is the way it worked before, and I remember plenty of afk leavers back in sesaon 1 when people were forced into the matches. I know cross-role backfills suck, but I think it's better than a 3v4.

There's perhaps a hybrid solution, which is when you get a pop, you get a ready screen like they have for flashpoints, except you can't see who the other players are. If everyone readies up, the match starts. If someone is afk or declines at that point, the match won't start and no one loses anything. Maybe that could still be abused in some way, or just used to troll the queue by declining constantly, but I think it would be better than what we have now.

You extend even better on this idea, though it's just one part of the problem. The more the people realize it's a problem the better solutions as a community we can come up with. While yes someone AFKs into games, I feel like they should be punished for such a thing, we at least have their name and can report them for constantly reoffending. As currently, we don't have a clue who they are or if it was coordinated, even with a ton of coincidences that make it look like it was.

Edited by Beyrahl

I was talking in terms, that the people who kicked the person were friends, teaming up to kick players they do not like. Not people I would consider a friend.

Fair enough, my mistake.

You extend even better on this idea, though it's just one part of the problem. The more the people realize it's a problem the better solutions as a community we can come up with. While yes someone AFKs into games, I feel like they should be punished for such a thing, we at least have their name and can report them for constantly reoffending. As currently, we don't have a clue who they are or if it was coordinated, even with a ton of coincidences that make it look like it was.

Knowing who they are is good I suppose, but only if Bioware takes decisive action based on credible reports. It seems as though things have been better on that front since Mike B took over, but I'm not sure we want to rely on that. It would be better if it was as autonomous as possible.

• 6 months later...

Now I have seen even some of the ordinary players initiating vote kicks! Its becoming quite ridiculous. A player said: Player x is evidently bad and shouldnt be in ranked que, lets kick him.

I mean whats the logic behind this? A kick hinders you to que what? 5 minutes? Why is it necessary to be so rude to other people? Also, why is there a function that enables this??

Vote Kick is a baby (like less to 10 year old child or brain) feature which should be removed ASAP.

Or else is another nail in the coffin for ranked.

I have Never Ever used it in ranked, and those who use it should really get a life.

Yes I had the 2k HPS healer, or the Sorcerer which runs around doing nothing. Or the healer which does not key bind cleanse in ranked. Ah he is good and thinks is a Pro cause he did 14k HPS in that two minute round.

If he was in a serous ranked team he would not even pass the gate and would be in last tier even if he did 25k.

The above have cost me over 100 points in ELO.

Do I care? A bit I do, but I really play for the thrill and challenge of it all, even if I end with 100 ranked points.

These cry babies should understand it is a game. winning will get you some digital fluff, which is worth nothing as much as MP3 and anything in digital format. Losing will get you nothing, may be a bit of let down inside, which will pass after I take a glass of wine.

I have been abused of it once this season, and for a reason that I could not understand, since we agreed on a target and they practically went totally the other way totally.

We have like 10/20 players who think are very good and best to others. If they are so good they should form at least three guilds and start doing TR at least twice a week. Ah yes they are afraid of that, cause some of them might really find out they not so good after all.

Edited by limenutpen

Now I have seen even some of the ordinary players initiating vote kicks! Its becoming quite ridiculous. A player said: Player x is evidently bad and shouldnt be in ranked que, lets kick him.

I mean whats the logic behind this? A kick hinders you to que what? 5 minutes? Why is it necessary to be so rude to other people? Also, why is there a function that enables this??

Vote kicked in reg. Couldnt F’ing believe it when it happened

I guess u guys don't play a lot of ranked . I know votekick has been on the table for a while now and we all agree on some points but i got to say this is another trollpost. Most of these people that get kicked are literally either trolls or throwers or bots or people who queue without gear ( i mean totally wrong gear like 270greens and no tactical or snipers with defense gear (got screenshot for this one , this one is gold btw lmao) . I get that new players want to get into ranked but plz learn the game in regs first instead of queuing ranked on ur first day and then getting globalled every game being an autoloss to ur team (wich ends up in votekicks).

U got to ask , i didn't play ranked till s8 and i played from launch , being afraid of being an hindrance in ranked i played regs till i thought i would be able to do ranked. But i guess this attitude isn't here anymore. And all these players who say they are new and queue from day 1 should be ashamed of themselves to come to forums for drama instead of going regulars to get good. And another topic , instead of whining about complaints , adapt urself and get better . If u think this is toxic now , u didn't play season 8.

Most

You're right that people should be properly prepared before queueing ranked, but this is the key part of your post. Even if it's true that "most" of the time vote kick is used, it's at least arguably justifiable (even this is debatable), there are many situations where it is simply abused. People vote kick players that they perceive as "bad" or simply players that they don't like. It happened on SF all the time last season. It's happening a bit less on SF this season, but it's now happening a lot more on DM from what I've seen on streams.

The problem has not changed. They need to remove vote kick and add a 306 gear requirement for ranked. It should never be up to ranked players to police themselves. The queue isn't ours to mold as we see fit. Bioware should be setting the standards properly and it should absolutely take the power of vote kick away from us, because we have proven unable to use it maturely as a community.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

The ranked regulars(around 50 players) have consistently been trolling out every new player since forever. And this has a reason. They like to tell everyone that it's because all these players didn't meet their high expectations, but in reality they just want to play against the same 50 players all day every day. They DON'T WANT new players. Having only 50 players makes it easier for them to calculate who's in queue and decide what character they will queue on.

A limited amount of players in queue also makes wintrading a lot easier. So that's the whole point. New players screw up their calculations, so they get shut out.

At this point, I honestly just think Bioware should remove solo ranked from the game. The ranked players in general don't add anything useful or positive to the game. It's been toxicity, wintrading, botting and all kinds of shenanigans for years and it's not going to change. Unfixable.

The ranked regulars(around 50 players) have consistently been trolling out every new player since forever. And this has a reason. They like to tell everyone that it's because all these players didn't meet their high expectations, but in reality they just want to play against the same 50 players all day every day. They DON'T WANT new players. Having only 50 players makes it easier for them to calculate who's in queue and decide what character they will queue on.

A limited amount of players in queue also makes wintrading a lot easier. So that's the whole point. New players screw up their calculations, so they get shut out.

At this point, I honestly just think Bioware should remove solo ranked from the game. The ranked players in general don't add anything useful or positive to the game. It's been toxicity, wintrading, botting and all kinds of shenanigans for years and it's not going to change. Unfixable.

This is just blatant misinformation and conspiracy theories. I'm anti-vote kick, as my long history of forum posts on the topic shows. I'm also a vocal critic of those who abuse vote kick. But they don't do it to manipulate the queue as far as I can tell. They do it to exert control over the queue. They want the queue to fit their expectations of what ranked should be, and when it doesn't, they throw a tantrum and kick people.

Also, a whole group of people on SF recently got permabanned for wintrading. It seems as though Bioware is being more proactive about it than in the past.

This is just blatant misinformation and conspiracy theories. I'm anti-vote kick, as my long history of forum posts on the topic shows. I'm also a vocal critic of those who abuse vote kick. But they don't do it to manipulate the queue as far as I can tell. They do it to exert control over the queue. They want the queue to fit their expectations of what ranked should be, and when it doesn't, they throw a tantrum and kick people.

Also, a whole group of people on SF recently got permabanned for wintrading. It seems as though Bioware is being more proactive about it than in the past.

That man is right! I am surprised that you do not see it by now. Just look at who has top3 titles? Its the same people over and over, mostly on DM. Its silly how they always go for it even though they keep on getting it every season!

I was one of the people who took one top3 spot away and look at what price! Just like he said, its the same people playing this format. In most matches when you see a new player the team asks: "anyone know the jugg?" they know who is who and dont want any new people and if yes, just to have cannon fodder for their elo.

They do enjoy good games, we all do, but those are mainly achieved among themselves. You can see that on team ranked too, you see how very few teams participate, cause its just these guys. Like I said, I just wonder how they are still able to put up with this. Lets by honest Alex what was the most you have reached in your ranked seasons?

That man is right! I am surprised that you do not see it by now. Just look at who has top3 titles? Its the same people over and over, mostly on DM. Its silly how they always go for it even though they keep on getting it every season!

And most of the top 3s from SF got permabanned...And why is it silly to go for top 3 titles exactly?

I was one of the people who took one top3 spot away and look at what price! Just like he said, its the same people playing this format. In most matches when you see a new player the team asks: "anyone know the jugg?" they know who is who and dont want any new people and if yes, just to have cannon fodder for their elo.

Gobbledygook.

They do enjoy good games, we all do, but those are mainly achieved among themselves. You can see that on team ranked too, you see how very few teams participate, cause its just these guys. Like I said, I just wonder how they are still able to put up with this. Lets by honest Alex what was the most you have reached in your ranked seasons?

My sage was 4th last season (was 3rd until the last 2 hours of the season). My sorc and sage are both in top 3 position now, we'll see if that lasts.

I'll repeat again, at least on SF, basically the whole "ranked mafia" got permabanned already. So who do you think is doing **** on SF now?

Edited by JediMasterAlex

This is why people are constantly begging for others to queue yolo during busy hours.