7.0.1 Ruins of Nul Darth Malgus Fight

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Following up on the Darth Malgus fight bug that was initially reported here. If you are experiencing this bug still, POST 7.0.1, can you please report it here and answer the following:

• What specifically did the chat message say when your character was defeated? (Is it still "0 Fall Damage")?
  • What server are you on?
  • Approximate time (include timezone) you played through Elom.
  • What mode did you play in? (Solo-story, Group finder, or a premade group)
  • If you have video of the fight, feel free to post it here or PM me a link.
  • While this bug is focused in the Malgus fight, if you experienced it anywhere else on Elom, please list a location in which it occurred.

To reiterate, it is really important that we gather post 7.0.1 data. Please keep posts relevant to answering the above questions.

Thanks!

Edited by JackieKo

Hi, I recently did a playthrough of Ruins of Nul Master Mode (I left a bug report in-game as well but wanted to add it here too).

We were fighting the Apex Ranphyx, and during the 50% knockback he does, we were all knocked back and took damage, however immediately after registering the damage from the knockback, I was then killed in a one shot from fall damage. Another member of the group was relatively nearby, and did not take the fall damage, but I was pushed back further away towards the entrance of the boss's room.

Apex Ranphyx boss

0 Fall damage

Star Forge

Just before 5:00 PM EST

Premade group that entered via groupfinder

No video, but I do have the combat log if that would help, let me know and I can make a link or email it.

What specifically did the chat message say when your character was defeated? (Is it still "0 Fall Damage")?

What server are you on?

StarForge

Approximate time (include timezone) you played through Elom.

12:30 AM

What mode did you play in? (Solo-story, Group finder, or a premade group)

Group finder - veteran mode

If you have video of the fight, feel free to post it here or PM me a link.

No video, but two of us were ported to the void after we killed the last republic soldier on the plateau. We had not even started the Malgus fight. We were in a nowhere land and I was able to look up and see what looked like ground above me. There was a "lore-type datapad" on the underside of this "ceiling of ground". When I clicked on the datapad it said something to the effect that "this object has no name" or "unknown object". To exit the area, we had to run to our left and fall. That is when we got the "0 fall damage" message.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

So. Not Malgus, but the first boss, Apex Ranphyx. Second time it's happened to me (which is once more than it did on Malgus).

He does the same thing - when he does his knockout, you end up under the map as soon as you try to move, falling a few seconds then dying from fall damage.

Jer'virc, 7.20am EST, Star Forge, story mode.

Edited by Pricia

• 2 weeks later...
So. Not Malgus, but the first boss, Apex Ranphyx. Second time it's happened to me (which is once more than it did on Malgus).

He does the same thing - when he does his knockout, you end up under the map as soon as you try to move, falling a few seconds then dying from fall damage.

Jer'virc, 7.20am EST, Star Forge, story mode.

same here, Ranphyx bumps you under the map (has done that since 7.0 release in any difficulty), you can tank it next to the tree but then with the AOE, you're doomed