Trooper Vs Sith

MoolkBiggestOrk

Because surprise, plus the fact that he was suddenly fired upon which made him unable to really do anything other than block the shots. Is the reason. That is quite clearly shown.

Surprise was the biggest factor in Order 66.

No its not true it was about 2 seconds when he realized more then enough time you know that also. He was not so surprised again why did he not killed them with tk by destroying their artery and not use his lightsaber to block. Or use force speed?

No its not true it was about 2 seconds when he realized more then enough time you know that also. He was not so surprised again why did he not killed them with tk by destroying their artery and not use his lightsaber to block. Or use force speed?

Because he clearly was surprised, you see it in his facial expression and as I said, he was busy dealing with blocking the horde of blaster fire coming at him to do anything else.

Because he clearly was surprised, you see it in his facial expression and as I said, he was busy dealing with blocking the horde of blaster fire coming at him to do anything else.

Yeah that time would have been good for force speed instead of blaster blocking or acting surprised for gods sake was it not you said that force users think faster?

What about the jedi in the temple killed by clone troopers where they also surprised?

Edited by adormitul

Yeah that time would have been good for force speed instead of blaster blocking or acting surprised for gods sake was it not you said that force users think faster?

What about the jedi in the temple killed by clone troopers where they also surprised?

They do think faster, but you're not getting it....the Clones just turned on them like the drop of a ha without any warning, surprise was the key to the whole thing.

Yeah, that and overwhelming numbers and having a new Sith Lord helping them out and taking out the bigger threats.

Anakin led the assault on the temple. It wasn't just clone troopers.

They do think faster, but you're not getting it....the Clones just turned on them like the drop of a ha without any warning, surprise was the key to the whole thing.

Yeah, that and overwhelming numbers and having a new Sith Lord helping them out and taking out the bigger threats.

But it was not without any warning if he had time to deflect blaster he had time to crush the arteries or use force speed he did none.

And I do not see Anakin there I see troopers killing them he killed children while the troopers killed the jedi.

Look at 4:37.

Edited by adormitul

But it was not without any warning if he had time to deflect blaster he had time to crush the arteries or use force speed he did none.

And I do not see Anakin there I see troopers killing them he killed children while the troopers killed the jedi.

Look at 4:37.

Anakin killed Jedi, not just children. He killed the battlemaster at the temple. Cin Drallig. Also Ki-Ad mundi isn't going to be crushing any arteries. He's a jedi. They literally don't do that.

As for force speed? Sure, Ki-Ad Mundi has some good feats. He dodged blaster bolts from a single opponent but even then he doesn't have the best speed feats showing. Avoiding a single target is fine but we see those clone troopers? All their guns can fire rapidly and we have an entire group firing rapidly. Even with force speed he can't dodge them all. Ki Ad Mundi is good but not that good. Plus he stares at them for a moment in confusion that doesn't mean he knew they were going to attack. He just noticed they were behaving.. odd. The jedi were having trouble perceiving motives and seeing the future during this time frame due to the shift of balance to the dark thanks to Palpatine. The jedi's ability to sense was clouded at the time.

Canonically, gameplay mechanics aside, Havoc Squad is a Squad. What does this mean? When the trooper goes up against a Sith it's probably with his whole squad since it's common military strategy to stick together. He's not 1v1ing anyone.

Edited by Rhyltran

Canonically, gameplay mechanics aside, Havoc Squad is a Squad. What does this mean? When the trooper goes up against a Sith it's probably with his whole squad since it's common military strategy to stick together. He's not 1v1ing anyone.

This right here.While gameplay wise we can only take one companion with us, in canon we are still the commander of Havoc Squad. A squad full with the best troopers of the republic.

Could the trooper, be it a rifle wielding Vanguard or the heavy gunner Commando, defeat a Sith one on one? Unless it's an lowly acolyte or an apprentice, most likely no.

Could Havoc Squad handle a sith or dark jedi or whatever? They would most likely still have problems, but it would be manageble

This right here.While gameplay wise we can only take one companion with us, in canon we are still the commander of Havoc Squad. A squad full with the best troopers of the republic.

Could the trooper, be it a rifle wielding Vanguard or the heavy gunner Commando, defeat a Sith one on one? Unless it's an lowly acolyte or an apprentice, most likely no.

Could Havoc Squad handle a sith or dark jedi or whatever? They would most likely still have problems, but it would be manageble

I agree with this completely. Havok Squad = sith lord, singular theyd be below

Singular elite troopers > acolytes/sith apprentices (individually) give or take a bit

Imperial agent has better technology and more crafty than the troopers, but less brute force. More precision. And they're trained to kill jedi. But they don't exactly take on jedi masters regularly, so much as regular jedi... but the agent took on darth jadus(even though he was on the defensive and fleeing most the time to lock him in the force field most likely, relying on trickery) which is a bit... absurd and an imbalance. Second to the emperor and all. That says far more for the agent, however, than the Trooper(who had an imperial as an ultimate threat).

Edited by Krimlord

• 5 years later...
:V Smugglers can easy kill Force Users with ships, traps, powerful blasters. Even Vader was nearly killed by smuggler 2 times, remember that smugglers or troopers etc can also be strong in force but just not trained. Troopers and Smugglers can easily kill less powerful jedi/sith, they have bigger problem vs "force monsters". In legends sometimes Smugglers work as bounty hunters (just in their own way). Han Solo nearly killed Vader with Falcon, also in cutscenes and movies and books jedi/sith doesnt have chance vs good armored ship.

Not to Necro an old thread, but for the BH at least, she becomes a Mandalorian. And Beskar armor is mentioned by Torian so it existed in the OR age, not just in the age of the OT. Mandalorians fight Jedi as they are considered worthy of being fought.

You have to remember too, that the common Sith was not rule-of-two sith. Nor are they the same as some of the legendary Sith of old: Tulak Horde, etc.

So not only is our character of whatever class one-in-a-trillion (referencing the population of Coruscant, there are more than this in the total population of the known galactic systems from which our character comes), the average sith is not the top-notch sith in the galaxy. remember, not all Sith are trained on Korriban, only the top notch candidates. There are Sith academies on Ziost and on other Sith worlds as well, which do train well, but not as top as Korriban. It's like MIT vs Whatever State University. The only ones that we really have difficulty fighting is Vitiate (and we have help fighting him in the end), and Revan (again we have a group fighting him, we aren't doing it one-on-one.

• 5 months later...

This thread was first posted in 2016 so I'm a little late to the party but I'd like to share my two cents on this.

Firstly if you compare your average Trooper with your average Sith then the Sith would come out on top most of the time.

However the protagonist Trooper you run in SWTOR is anything but average - firstly contrary to what many believe you are in fact a force-user.

You'll notice that you can activate holocrons and on a specific Flashpoint (can't remember which one) you are seen commuting with Force ghost and a Jedi master (of Yoda's species) notes that you have a connection to the force.

While raw and untrained this connection to the force puts you on a closer power level to other Sith.

Consider the last chapter which takes place on Corellia - the Imperial Guard is specifically dispatched to eliminate you which means you came under the attention of the Emperor himself (this is further confirmed in the KOTET and KOTFE).

Another thing that happens on Corellia is that your missions will see your trooper take out multiple Dark Council members which have been sent to Corelia - if that doesn't prove that the protagonist trooper is on par with a Sith lord I don't know what is.

I understand that all this happens within the game and game mechanics and balancing allows for troopers to face up to force-users however this would also make sense outside of game mechanics.

Outside of game mechanics the Trooper has more options available including a large array of meele weapons to chose from such as vibroblades and shock battons.

As I mentioned above your force affinity would protect you against force attacks like lightning and force grip while supernatural augmention (granted by force affinity) means that your trooper could brush off being force pushed into a wall.

Another thing to consider is that while the movies and TV series focuses on a later timeline when the rule of 2 is imposed for the Sith - the Old Republic Era has tons of Lightsaber wielding force users on the battlefield so fighting styles and additional training to defend against force-users would be incorporated among soldiers.

Ultimately what you should consider is the protagonist in SWTOR (regardless of class) is an exceptional character with great force affinity and power.

As I mentioned above your force affinity would protect you against force attacks like lightning and force grip while supernatural augmention (granted by force affinity) means that your trooper could brush off being force pushed into a wall.

This is not how force barriers work I'm afraid.

Like any other force technique, it requires training to learn to utilize. And learning to shield oneself from lightning is a different beast altogether.

While the NFU characters might have sensitivity to the force, it is clearly not enough to actually harness it. Otherwise they'd have been trained (quite forceably in the case of Imperial NFU characters) to be Jedi/Sith.

Ex. in Imperial Belsavis, if you give attitude to the dread master, they will telepathically attack you. If you are a FU PC, you can resist them. If you are not, you cannot, and are overwhelmed before they release you.

So exceptional trooper (or any other NFU) against a average Sith? sure, I can see that

But exceptional NFU vs exceptional Sith? can't see it under level playing field (ie. not ambush etc.)

(case in point, Jango Fett. Took out multiple average Jedi, but didn't stand much of a chance against Mace Windu)