The Chronicles of Jasuum Fett, Chapter 5

TharinDrake

Chapter 5

A Price for Passage

When Jase was nursed back to health, the Jawas brought him to the bridge of the sand-crawler and introduced him to the chief of the clan which is what he translated it to at least it could have meant captain, driver, or some sort of leader, possibly all the above. "M'um m'aloo ayafa tando eyeta ibana" the chief said "I'm sorry but i don't understand" Jase replied. The chief put his hand to his head and started shaking it. he then pointed to another Jawa and said "Ashuna shumeneez un atoonyoba." Jase watched as the other Jawa ran off then Jase understood when the Jawa came back with a droid head.

the Jawas rigged the droid head to the driving console for power then they connected a microphone to the head and started speaking out of it. the droid or rather the Jawa said "good evening I'm sorry for the misunderstanding now where were you headed that you almost died in the desert?" " I was trying to get to Boonta Eve so i could get off of this" he hesitated about to say something negative about the Jawa's home world then continued saying "Tatooine." The Jawa looked over to his clansmen then back to Jase and said "We will help you get to Boonta Eve and even pay for your trip if you help us steal from a fearsome Bonegnawer in the Jundland wastes". "You want me to poach from one of the deadliest creatures on Tatooine?", Jase replied. The chief responded saying "Ibana." Jase was troubled because this was the best way to get off Tatooine but it might very well get him killed. "Okay i'll do it but i need three more blaster cartridges and some more supplies now what am i trying to get?" The Chief replied "The egg that is in the nest. You will need a special bag and glove to handle it and we will supply the ammunition and climbing gloves." Jase couldn't turn back now so he had no choice but to go forward with it.

Jase set the cartridges in a belt around his chest as the sand-crawler rolled up to the outside of the Jundland Wastes. The Jawa chief said through the translater droid head "we can go no farther for the Sand-crawler is to big this is where you must do the rest, here are the coordinates for the nests location, now goodbye." Jase had a sickening feeling in his stomach as he thought about the Jawa's last words. He set off through the Jundland Wastes to the nest. When he reached the coordinates it was a stone cliff the went straight up he scanned the sky looking for the mother he spotted her at the nest feeding one of the hatchlings which meant that he might possibly miss the chance to grab the egg if they hatch within the next fifteen minutes. Jase couldn't risk being spotted so he thought up a plan the Bonegnawer is most likely territorial he had to wait for it to fly away and also because they hunt small humanoids and other small creatures which is probably why the jawas couldn't do this themselves. Jase circled around the cliff but only got halfway because it broke off into more ridges.

Jase started climbing a ridge that was connected to the one that housed the nest the suns were almost done setting when he got halfway up the ridge. Since the light from the sun was on the other side of the ridge he wasn't being blinded and he was in the shadow of the steep slopes. The mother was circling in a two kilometre radius scanning the ground for prey. When Jase was level with the nest he started off slowly going sideways careful not make any rushed decisions knowing it could send him falling to the ground and not going at a fast speed because the mother would see any sudden movements this close to the nest. When Jase got to the nest he watched as the mother dived down on a unsuspecting animal, since she had food she would be heading back to nest soon so he had to work fast. Jase got his handling glove out of his satchel and removed his climbing glove with his teeth just barely holding on with his other hand attached to the cliff side and one foot in a indent on the flat cliff.

He slipped on his handling glove for the egg, and reached for the nearest one while hatchlings cried as they expected food from his hand. Jase could not reach the egg he had to get more leverage he tried pushing off his one sturdy foot until he overstretched his luck and slipped. With both legs dangling utterly useless he was holding on by his climbing glove and his cushioned glove holding onto the nest. He pulled himself up with all his strength putting his upper torso on the nest for support. He gave a quick sigh then grabbed the closest egg to him with caution then placed it carefully in the air conditioned and cushioned satchel at his side. Suddenly The mother came swooping down at an incredible speed.

Jase climbed down as fast as he could finding the little blemishes in the cliff to put his feet in, but he didn't have enough time to put the other climbing glove back on so he was partially sliding down the slope when the Mother sat down on the nest she jumped down after Jase with her Talons out gliding down the slope the bird missed her first dive just missing Jase by a heir then swooping back around for another pass Jase got to the ground and ran for his life. the bird was not giving up so Jase pulled his blaster and started shooting the bird lunged at him and her talon scratched his arm causing it to bleed out. She swooped around preparing for another lunge when jase whipped around and shot her in the wing causing her to cry out then she turned around and flew off to her babies knowing she lost this fight.

Hi.

First, welcome to the Fan Fiction section and sharing your story!

Second, please be mindful of spamming the forum and keep all chapters for your story confined to one thread instead of creating a new thread for every chapter. It's pretty common practice. :)

Edited by JennyFlynn

Okay that's possible but i might need to make just one more so the Title will be "the cronicles of Jasuum fett" and that is it. But how will i keep expanding on the thread would i have to edit it or reply to it?

You reply to the thread with each new chapter to expand upon it. Makes it easier for readers as well, so they can read your entire story in one and the same thread instead of having to click out and search for the next chapter.

So can i post just one more thread so i can keep the title simple?

You can, or you can edit the very first thread (chapter one) to change the title and then reply with the other chapters. But if you're unsure of how to do that then yeah, just make a new thread and use that for posting all your chapters.

You can, or you can edit the very first thread (chapter one) to change the title and then reply with the other chapters. But if you're unsure of how to do that then yeah, just make a new thread and use that for posting all your chapters.

Thank you but i'm unsure where to go now.

If anybody else reads this, give me a name for the sith character.