Jaxo: The Conspiracy

YoshiRaphElan

Major spoilers for Chapter 3 ahead.

So, going back over the story via Youtube, I think Jaxo may be an Imperial mole.

-Rakton tells you he knew the exact moment you became aware of A-77, and Jaxo was the one who informed you.

-Rakton said Jaxo's escape was no accident.

-The very fact that the Imperials did not redirect their forces to capture Jaxo speaks volumes.

-If you let Jaxo live, she becomes guilty over the deaths of the 300 soldiers. While this may be survivor's guilt, it may be that she actually felt guilty because she got them killed.

Discuss!

Early on in the Trooper story (right after you are called to the Senate to testify), Garza mentions something about what happened on Ando Prime that lead to Havoc's defection. She said that they went in there, but then encountered much larger Imperial resistance than intel had reported.

Doesn't Jaxo run intel missions like that? Could she have been ordered to lie about the Imperial's strength to get Havoc into a position that would either cause a galactic incident or force the Senate to order Havoc to be left to die? If so, who the hell is the mastermind behind all of this? Rakton? (I just got to the Rakton mission on my main trooper but haven't started it yet).

I don't know. I think the evidence you've shared is pretty damning, and I don't think this whole Ando Prime link has much weight, regardless it seems possible. I started up a new Trooper toon and I'm playing through the story looking for more Jaxo as a spy hints.

Catching up in the story mode, found this interesting piece of evidence during the mission "Objective: A-77" where you are sent to rescue Jaxo.

If you do the Bonus, you recover these interrogation data pieces and one of them is about Jaxo's interrogation. It reads:

Interrogation of prisoner housed in cell C42 [Jaxo] was terminated earlier than anticipated. Reacting to verbal intimidation prior to interrogation the prisoner offered the identities of several Republic spies alledgedly (sic) active within Imperial ranks. Approximately halfway through the interrogation we received a halt order after confirming partial information regarding the Tatooine incident. Interrogation is postponed until further notice."

Another:

Interrogation of the prisoner housed in cell C51 has succeeded in Command directive to identify a known associate of Havoc Squad's leader. After extensive exposure to our more...advanced methods, the prisoner identified a Republic soldier named Jaxo. We will continue our probe while the actionable status of the information is determined.

Edited by Kickimanjaro

If you do the bonus mission in the prison you can read about how a prisoner was tortured and gave up Jaxo's name as a known associate of the leader of Havoc Squad.

Rakton captured her, then allowed her to escape and send her message to lure the player into a trap.

RIP Jaxo, I'll miss you.

• 8 years later...