Well, I did it and I don't know what the heck I was thinking

Nickodemous

In several threads here in the pvp forums I have eluded to many that in order to rebuild the pvp community....we needed some pvp guilds. Well, I created one over the weekend on SF <Truck You> (Republic) and just purchased a guild ship....The Truck Shack.

First, the name. Although I don't respond to a lot of threads in the forums I do read them. It would seem that many get trucked in pvp. I am looking to form a group that could reverse that trend and learn to truck the competition instead. You know, do the trucking instead of getting trucked. Hence the name, <Truck You> .

I am looking for mains/alts and experienced/inexperienced of any level initially to grow this thing. If interested, search <Truck You> in the social tab and look me up. I am usually on late afternoon - evenings during the week and during the day on weekends.

Sorry for posting this in the PVP forums but I knew you all would see it here.

When I get the time, I will create a sister Empire guild and I was thinking about naming it <You Just Got Trucked>

We will see if I can get this off the ground. If not, I can't say I didn't try at least.

Happy hunting! :)

Edited by Nickodemous

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after a week, it was a bad idea. Funny, had no idea how much you all disliked greatness. It seems to be the norm now though....nobody likes winners anymore. I actually wanted to help....but it not worth my time.

After kicking yall's *** repeatedly over the years, I thought some help would be offered. <crickets>

I won't waste my time on u all anymore, I know u all will me though....LOL! It all good, don't worry, I cant respect you all any less than I already do! :D

Edited by Nickodemous

Well, after a week, it was a bad idea. Funny, had no idea how much you all disliked greatness. It seems to be the norm now though....nobody likes winners anymore. I actually wanted to help....but it not worth my time.

After kicking yall's *** repeatedly over the years, I thought some help would be offered. <crickets>

I won't waste my time on u all anymore, I know u all will me though....LOL! It all good, don't worry, I cant respect you all any less than I already do! :D

Not sure what you were expecting. PvP guilds for all intents and purposes are meaningless in todays game. No one does group ranked and pvp guilds dedicated to regs is kinda silly. There's a reason pvp guilds died immediately after the removal of 8v8 ranked.

All that thread does is kinda prove my point. Even more so given you play on a dead server and clearly are just a troll guild.

SS is actually fairly active, and our guild has been growing rather quickly. We've even expanded into doing solo and group ranked. Calling a guild a troll guild just because we're one of many guilds that actually focus on the pvp aspect of this game is highly uninformed.

SS is actually fairly active, and our guild has been growing rather quickly. We've even expanded into doing solo and group ranked. Calling a guild a troll guild just because we're one of many guilds that actually focus on the pvp aspect of this game is highly uninformed.

I doubt he/she calls your guild a troll guild just because you focus on PvP, rather than you completely ignore objectives in regs which is trolling every player that plays objective based maps in their intended way. PvO players are cancer to this game and a big part of reason I stopped to play ground PvP and changed my focus to space PvP where in domination maps most players still tend to do objectives. I wonder how long before trolls infest this gamemode, too.

I doubt he/she calls your guild a troll guild just because you focus on PvP, rather than you completely ignore objectives in regs which is trolling every player that plays objective based maps in their intended way. PvO players are cancer to this game and a big part of reason I stopped to play ground PvP and changed my focus to space PvP where in domination maps most players still tend to do objectives. I wonder how long before trolls infest this gamemode, too.

I made a long list of valid reasons why no one plays objectives anymore in pvp. At this point, its practically illogical to continue playing objectives. If more people just had fun with the core pvp experience instead of trying to get a singular piece of gear from winning a warzone, then I can guarantee you more players would return to the game. There are far better places to get gear regardless. PvP has always been the slowest gear grind in the entire game. Warzones are better utilized as an environment where people can grow their skill as a pvper rather than guarding a node and avoiding pvp as a consequence. The vast majority of all the best pvpers aren't objective players. What does that tell you about where their priorities lie.

If you're just tech frag farming, just go play flashpoints or play starfighter. The starfighter weekly gives almost twice as many materials and the pvp weekly, and it takes half as long to complete.

Edited by Llacertus

Any decent group of players can do both objectives and farm noobs. The sporting thing to do when you are facerolling baddies is to end the match quickly, so that 1) you end their torture, and 2) everyone gets to re-queue and hope for better matchmaking.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Any decent group of players can do both objectives and farm noobs. The sporting thing to do when you are facerolling noobs is to end the match quickly. Your number farming is even more meaningless than objectives.

Pretty much this ^^

What ever happened to playing the objectives and kill the enemy at the same time? The two aren’t a seperate activity unless you specifically decide to make it one.

If you are playing the objectives you should be at the objectives fighting. Then all you have to do is cap or stop the other team capping. Occasionally you may need to swap locations, but it’s not rocket science to realise you can do much more damage fighting at the objectives than chasing individuals all over the map.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I made a long list of valid reasons why no one plays objectives anymore in pvp.

People play objective pvp because they enjoy objective based pvp.....If they wanted a raw deathmatch they would queue up for arenas. Whatever "long list" you made of reasons to ignore objectives is 100% not valid. By ignoring objectives you're just feeding into the sentiment that premades are bad. Last thing we need is BW caving in and removing groups from warzones because a small subset of premades like yours ruin the experience.

Also, any pvper worth their salt can top the dps chart AND do the objectives. If your premade cant do that then they are probably not very good at pvp.

Edited by Raansu

Also, any pvper worth their salt can top the dps chart AND do the objectives.

This is the most simply honest statement I’ve seen on these forums in a long time.

Anyone who says you can’t play the objectives and top the dps isn’t doing it right. They also aren’t as good as they like to think they are. The best pvpers in the game can do both. If you can only do one or the other, then you are less than someone who can do both.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Pretty much this ^^

What ever happened to playing the objectives and kill the enemy at the same time? The two aren’t a seperate activity unless you specifically decide to make it one.

If you are playing the objectives you should be at the objectives fighting. Then all you have to do is cap or stop the other team capping. Occasionally you may need to swap locations, but it’s not rocket science to realise you can do much more damage fighting at the objectives than chasing individuals all over the map.

I used to run in double premades back in the day. People absolutely hated us. So we basically learned to run 0 tanks, 1 healer, 7 dps. This way we could just mow down the other team and end the match as fast as possible. Of course there was no deserter lockout back then either, so oftentimes the enemy team would abandon the match before it even started.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Wow I think I just convinced myself onto the side of removing the deserter lockout. I had been pretty ambivalent about it.

Got DC’d twice tonight due to flaky east coast hop closest to the server. I had one more win required to complete the weekly on an Alt I was power lvling. I luckily won my last match with 3 mins to go till weekly reset. But it was touch and go after being locked out for 30+ minutes (including queue wait times).

I’m not totally against the lockout idea to stop rage quitters. But I am against it in the current format that doesn’t take DCs into account, it doesn’t give you a choice of maps and the win only requirement means you can play a bunch of games and get nothing for it because a bunch of number crunching epeeners decide they don’t want to play the objectives to win.

I had 4 games tonight that were a loss from the start because my team didn’t even bother to try and win. That’s 45 mins of actual game times down the tube if you are trying to get a weekly done.

I also had a few Quesh and Vandin ball matches and the new slow effect and the even worse engine performance than before turned both matches into a death match because no one could run the ball or pass it. I passed 7 times directly to other players in Quesh and it landed on them but they didn’t catch the ball and it reset. I fell through the floor 3 times in Vandin and once in Quesh.

When you try to run, even with speed boosts or predation or speed run, it’s actually slower than if you are walking without the ball. It’s not hard for the other team to stop you before you go 2 feet. It’s not fun and a complete waste of time when your passes don’t connect due to bad desync or other performance issues.

Quesh and Vandin seem worse to me than before. The slow effect also stays on you even after you pass the ball or die. Bioware really need to remove these maps again or give us a way to deselect them when queuing. I was having fun until they started to pop tonight. Both these maps made me angry and want to rage quit (even though I didn’t). That are broken AF.

At least when we had a points system for wins and losses, an hours game play didn’t feel like a waste of time if you were losing because you could still work towards your weekly/daily. Now you get nothing and you’ve no recourse to leave matches that you know are a loss because the maps broken or your team won’t try.

From my own experiences the last few weeks, I would say the average ratio of losses to wins is about 4:1 when you are having a streak of bad luck when put with the dummies who don’t want to win. After you’ve lost 4, the system puts you back on an team that wants to win. Then as soon as you win, it puts you back with the dummies for another 4 games.

So my reasoning is if the ratio is around 4:1, then bring the points system back and make it 4:1. That way if you are unlucky enough to be put with people who don’t try, you can at least get recognition for participating in those four matches. And if it’s based on the current 10 win, in the worst case scenario you would need to lose all 40 matches to get the weekly done or win 10 to get it done faster (like now). I really can’t understand why Bioware and certain players can’t see how that’s beneficial to pvp as a whole. It still prevents slackers from afking and it offers a little hope to the rest who are stuck with bad luck teams.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

People play objective pvp because they enjoy objective based pvp.....If they wanted a raw deathmatch they would queue up for arenas. Whatever "long list" you made of reasons to ignore objectives is 100% not valid.

Also, any pvper worth their salt can top the dps chart AND do the objectives. If your premade cant do that then they are probably not very good at pvp.

This is just false. People don't que arenas, because solo ranked is heavily toxic and packed full of wintraders and throwers that are being ignored by the devs despite hundreds of reports. Also i didn't say anything about my "premade". I said all of the best players do not play objectives. They're too focused on practicing their class and working on team coordination with their teammates to care about winning a match so you can get one gear piece of out it.

Any decent group of players can do both objectives and farm noobs. The sporting thing to do when you are facerolling baddies is to end the match quickly, so that 1) you end their torture, and 2) everyone gets to re-queue and hope for better matchmaking.

Why on earth should I care about how the other team feels. This is player vs player content is it not? There is no reason why I should be sacrificing my enjoyment of pvp to make someone on the other team feel better.

Right now the problem with most pvpers is that they spend so much time playing objectives that they never get better at actively pvping. They never learn how to avoid getting globalled when you're getting tunneled by half of a team. Its part of why new players that first set foot into ranked get destroyed so quickly. As a result, these players bombarded with such massive torrent of toxicity that they never set foot in ranked again. Unranked pvp does not prepare players for the reality of ranked.

This is the most simply honest statement I’ve seen on these forums in a long time.

Anyone who says you can’t play the objectives and top the dps isn’t doing it right. They also aren’t as good as they like to think they are. The best pvpers in the game can do both. If you can only do one or the other, then you are less than someone who can do both.

I'm not saying the best pvper's cant do both. On rare occasions when my guild players objectives, we absolutely dominate the other team. But, playing objectives requires you to take time away from pvping by guarding a node or mezzing people while safely sitting in stealth. Why would we desire to not pvp in a game specifically dedicated to pvp?

Edited by Llacertus

I'm not saying the best pvper's cant do both. On rare occasions when my guild players objectives, we absolutely dominate the other team. But, playing objectives requires you to take time away from pvping by guarding a node or mezzing people while safely sitting in stealth. Why would we desire to not pvp in a game specifically dedicated to pvp?

That’s just a poor excuse for people who can’t do both. We all know it, just admit that some people can’t play 8v8 properly because its too hard mentally for them and they arent good at 8v8 pvp. So they have to choose one or the other ways to play because they can’t do both well enough without it impacting on their scoreboard stats.

Those of us that can do both will nearly always do both because that’s what being a good pvper is about. If you have to make an excuse, it means you aren’t in the same league as players that can and do play both the objectives and top the stats board (or come close).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That’s just a poor excuse for people who can’t do both. We all know it, just admit that some people can’t play 8v8 properly because its too hard mentally for them and they arent good at 8v8 pvp. So they have to choose one or the other ways to play because they can’t do both well enough without it impacting on their scoreboard stats.

Those of us that can do both will nearly always do both because that’s what being a good pvper is about. If you have to make an excuse, it means you aren’t in the same league as players that can and do play both the objectives and top the stats board (or come close).

This is actually your typical "getgud" response. It completely ignores that fact that not playing objectives is more active, skill intensive, and reliant on class knowledge. Being able to 4v8 a team is a lot harder than winning a huttball match 6 to nothing. Especially since you can take one or two stealth operatives into huttball and win in the first minute by taking advantage of desync. I promise you, learning how to swap guard on your teammates or heal while under pressure is a lot more fun and has a higher skill cap than guarding a node for half the game.

Edited by Llacertus

This is just false. People don't que arenas, because solo ranked is heavily toxic and packed full of wintraders and throwers that are being ignored by the devs despite hundreds of reports.

No, they don't queue it because they don't like the format and you have people constantly begging BW to remove arenas from the warzone queue. Ranked has nothing to do with it.

This is actually your typical "getgud" response. It completely ignores that fact that not playing objectives is more active, skill intensive, and reliant on class knowledge. Being able to 4v8 a team is a lot harder than winning a huttball match 6 to nothing. Especially since you can take one or two stealth operatives into huttball and win in the first minute by taking advantage of desync. I promise you, learning how to swap guard on your teammates or heal while under pressure is a lot more fun and has a higher skill cap than guarding a node for half the game.

Lmao, it takes more skill to do all of that and play the objectives at the same time. What part of that don’t you understand? If that means you need to “getgud”, then so be it. We were all in that position at some point where we’re had to learn to kill and play objectives at the same time. Now it’s just second nature to position ourselves to watch the node while killing some one or lure them into attacking you where you are guarding. You guys today have it way to easy. Back when we learnt to pvp in this game there were players who would steam roll whole teams singlehanded while playing the objectives. They would laugh their butts off at your 4 man premade analogy.

It really isn’t rocket science to kill people in pvp and know your abilities, their abilities, how to counter said abilities or what a DCD is and when to use it. You also shouldn’t need your 3 buddies to hold your hand to play objectives. But you make it sound like combat is so hard that you have to totally ignore the objectives because if you use any extra brain power you might do less damage :rolleyes:

Honestly, it sounds like a bunch of tripe. There is no shame in not being able to do both at once because you’ve not developed the full skill set yet, we’ve all been there. You must see how utterly absurd it is to come out and say playing your character properly in combat requires so much skill that you just can’t play the objectives because it would degrade your performance.

It’s ok to admit you still need to improve on the objective front. And seeing as you seem to think you’ve mastered the combat side of things, how about give playing objectives the priority for a bit so you can learn to play them properly with real tactics and strategy. Your combat skills should be enough that you don’t have to think about them anymore, so you can spend more of your time thinking about where to position and what’s going to happen next (situational awareness and tactics), That way you’ll be one step ahead of the the other team and your superior combat skills combined with objective play will put you at the top of the scoreboard and the most valuable player on the team.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

No, they don't queue it because they don't like the format and you have people constantly begging BW to remove arenas from the warzone queue. Ranked has nothing to do with it.

True. If they brought back ranked 8v8, then we’d see how well these scoreboard players do in a proper competitive 8v8 environment.

Not exactly. A quick google search will tell you people don't want to remove arenas. They want a separate que for arenas where they can practice pvp in preparation for ranked. Right now they only way to do that is during preseason, or issuing a guild challenge which is a permanent mark on your guild's record. This just adds to my point that players are heavily unprepared for ranked when they have been playing objectives every match.

The statements you're saying make me think you've never qued for a ranked match before or ever glimpsed at the toxicity in pvp chat between ranked players.

Plenty of players love doing arenas because its the best test of skill between 4 players. As long as there's no toxicity, they're more enjoyment to be had out of that than trying to complete a weekly by explicitly avoiding pvp.

Not exactly. A quick google search will tell you people don't want to remove arenas. They want a separate que for arenas where they can practice pvp in preparation for ranked. Right now they only way to do that is during preseason, or issuing a guild challenge which is a permanent mark on your guild's record. This just adds to my point that players are heavily unprepared for ranked when they have been playing objectives every match.

The statements you're saying make me think you've never qued for a ranked match before or ever glimpsed at the toxicity in pvp chat between ranked players.

Plenty of players love doing arenas because its the best test of skill between 4 players. As long as there's no toxicity, they're more enjoyment to be had out of that than trying to complete a weekly by explicitly avoiding pvp.

Here’s a really easy fix for you. Take your 4 man premade into group ranked. The guys in your team aren’t going to be toxic to you and you can just ignore what the other team says. Problem solved. No toxicity and you can stretch your combat skill muscles against other like minded players.