Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Drawurden's Avatar


Drawurden
12.13.2011 , 08:58 AM | #701
Waves access = you don't play with your friends.

Nice one.
Drawurden, Inquisiteur Assassin Sith [Ordo Obscurantis]

Je suis un Seigneur Sith et ma destinée est de régner sur la galaxie.

JayBourne's Avatar


JayBourne
12.13.2011 , 08:58 AM | #702
Quote: Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
regardless of "when" someone pre-ordered thier game should have absolutely no bearing at all. There was never any mention of this when we all bought the game. So the $100 I spent on pre-ordering the "CE" now grants me a day, or two, or perhapse three, or four days less of early game play than anyone else?

Why?

Because you want to "Ramp up your servers slowly"??

I call "BS"... how many years have you guys had to make sure you had enough hampsters in your servers to make a smooth launch?

Also.... this is just the early access customers trying to log in Bioware....

What the heck are you gonna do on the actual official game launch day when the disc's hit the stores? Tell them they can install the game, but we will let you all log in one week at a time?

Seriously disappointed Bioware.... I mean.... really.... wow.... what a let down this whole "early access" thing has turned out to be.
By this way of thinking the first date that WAS announced was Dec. 15th for EGA... Sooooo I guess you can stop the QQing and Ill see you on the 15th....

Dislox's Avatar


Dislox
12.13.2011 , 08:58 AM | #703
got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?

Arialyn's Avatar


Arialyn
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #704
Quote: Originally Posted by BarkingAlien View Post
But when I look a the launch screen it tells me "there is no subscription attached to this account".

Do I need to have paid for my monthly subscription to get into early access? That seems odd as I've never experienced that with any other MMO. Is it just an error or placeholder message?

Pre-ordered my game in September, entered my code a while back and I was in all the Betas so I should receive my early access invite...er...soonish? Eventually?

No you dont, the message about no subscription being attatched is a 'default' message for when the game officialy launches. Its also doubleing as a way to tell if youve been given early access yet (as when you are, that message will go away and the 'play' button will light up).
"A story is only as good as the imagination of the one who tells it" - Me.

"Only two great species on this planet take part in massive, organized, warfare.
Men, and ants."

-FarStar-'s Avatar


-FarStar-
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #705
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthLordB View Post
Dear BW,
Long time customer, first time poster. In all my years of supporting and playing your games I have never been more confused by your actions then right now. First off, you have been holding onto our money for 6 months and yet to provide a service to us. So giving a statement like "That's about as specific as we're going to get right now." is a straight kick in the balls to all of your obvious loyal community so far. There are people that have taken off time from work for this. People that have not slept ect. At the very least you OWE them a bit more of an accurate timeline. Early access is a gift.... ok. Tell me that when I can finally log in and my mates are 10-20 levels higher then I am.

Secondly, you doing this in waves is actually an illogical move. You have no idea what sells will be like on launch come the 20th. You "could" end up with 10 times what the pre-sales have been. So because you are taking us in on waves.... doesn't test your over all capability. With that being said, we expect server crashes and stuff on early access. This is the final chance for you to test server stability and your pissing all over the opportunity while at the same time on us.

Thirdly, just because I want to throw this in there. *** were you thinking going with EA. FAIL FAIL FAIL... the dumb *** that decided that needs to be fired. This is the LAST game I will ever purchase with EA.

Sincerely,
Confused and unhappy BW customer.
You like my hero now !
I

Noveos's Avatar


Noveos
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #706
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexilon View Post
You know, Bioware could have just said forget the Early Access, and let all of us who pre-ordered be content with the extra goodies and still force us to play on the 20th. Instead they do the 'waves' of players coming in, at first giving us 5 extra days. Now it's seven.


Sure that means those who pre-ordered first might get a day or two head start over us who pre-ordered later? So what? To me that only means I might actually get five days to play instead of one or two before launch. AND I'M GRATEFUL. Grateful for something freely given that Bioware was not, in any way, required to give at all.

So to those who are whining, it's the equivalent of a man giving you a dollar, and the whiners slapping the man across the face saying, "Fool, give me a five!"

Rediculous.

Anyways, can't wait to play, kinda glad I work this morning, better than sitting here refreshing my email or somesuch. XD
Thank you! *golf clap*

Baluic's Avatar


Baluic
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #707
If you preordered through Orgin, are you still eligible for EA?

Austentacious's Avatar


Austentacious
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #708
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfrat View Post
Red Five, standing by!

er...that is, August 30th, standing by.

Pwease?


You're in the same boat as me. 5 months between Pre-Orders starting and the game being released; I was hoping it'd average about 3/4 of a month per day, but the slow ramp-up time is understandable, nonetheless.

Still doesn't take the anticipation away, mind. ^^

agoraphobe's Avatar


agoraphobe
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #709
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
19,000 physical pre-orders. Not online Pre-orders. So you're wrong.
yes and no.... i didnt count digital. or EU, ETC// this is just physical usa.. and with digital, and other countries included I dont see it surpassing the amount that the game can hold. does digital sales always double or triple the amount of physical? or maybe 10x? even so theres plenty of room, and the first 2 days of people should be playing IMO.. yeah IMO>..not fact,
my enemies enemy is my friend.

DarthVenizen's Avatar


DarthVenizen
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #710
Quote: Originally Posted by ruktuim View Post
TIME FOR WAVE 3!!


Wave 1 was sent 2 hours ago

Wave 2 was sent 1 hour ago



Wave 1 and 2 were sent and hour apart, it's been an hour, time for 3!
wrong

wave 1, 3 hrs ago, wave 2, ~1.5 hrs ago and was ahead of schedule

reasonable assumption is each wave is 2 hrs spread apart
[COLOR="Green"]Jedi Covenant
Vencu - Darkness Tank
SWG & SWTOR Launch player JTL/GSF Junkie