Which DPS has best DPS & group raid abilities coupled w/ most best 2ndary heals?

Letsjet

I mean there are only two advanced classes that can dps and have actual heals. Anni/Watch can heal the group but its more of a tertiary heal than a secondary heal, which I interpret to mean an actual ability you activate to heal a target. So that means either Scoundrel/Op or Sage/Sorc.

Force Empowerment/Unlimited Power, the raid buff for Sage/Sorc, boosts stats that are impacted by level sync (mastery, endurance) or useless in operations (presence). It does provide a small group heal though, which can be useful during a final push when the group is taking a lot of raid-wide damage, like Underlurker in ToS.

Stack the Deck/Tactical Superiority is the Scoundrel/Operative version which increases critical chance, which is not affected by level sync, and therefore is always useful.

So, really, there is only one advanced class which fits all three your three criteria.

I mean there are only two advanced classes that can dps and have actual heals.

Three. Sage / Sorcerer, Scoundrel / Operative, and Commando / Mercenary all have secondary heals. Although, I can understand why you might forget them. Mando / Merc secondary heals do seem to be the worse of the three.

Three. Sage / Sorcerer, Scoundrel / Operative, and Commando / Mercenary all have secondary heals. Although, I can understand why you might forget them. Mando / Merc secondary heals do seem to be the worse of the three.

Yes, you're right, I was stupid. I completely forgot that Mando/Merc has the Supercharged Celerity raid buff.

10% alacrity is enough, usually, to bring someone to the next GCD threshold. That may or may not be beneficial, if you have important procs that affect your rotation, since internal cooldowns/timers on procs aren't affected by alacrity. So, the Mando/Merc raid buff may or may not mess with rotations, so raid needs to be careful ... Sage raid buff is useless except in uncapped content, and Scoundrel raid buff is useful to everyone all the time.

M/M only have the cleanse and the casted heal, whereas I think Sages have additionally have a HoT, and Scoundrels also get a channel and a HoT.

Mandos and Scoundrels gain some benefit to their heals even with their dps set bonus, whereas the benefit to heals from the set bonus for Sages is a little more subtle. Endless Offensive needs the Storm's Succor/Metaphysical Mending tactical to work its off heal magic, which you most likely won't be using if you are a dps sage. Gathering Storm's 4 piece critical bonus doesn't affect heals, but it does provide more uptime to Mental Alacrity/Polarity Shift which can be helpful if you are being utilized a lot for heals, but its a longer wait than having to rebuild Power Step stacks like Apex or Supercharge like CF. Same with Scoundrels, they build Upper Hands far quicker than using Force Speed to reduce Mental Alacrity's cooldown.

Therefore I still think Scoundrel/Operative meets the criteria of the OP better than the other two, and that's just by analyzing the raid buff and the off heal-set bonus interactions. I have no idea who's leading the parsing leaderboards right now between TK, Ruffian, and the commando classes.

Edited by phalczen

Force Empowerment/Unlimited Power, the raid buff for Sage/Sorc, boosts stats that are impacted by level sync (mastery, endurance) or useless in operations (presence). It does provide a small group heal though, which can be useful during a final push when the group is taking a lot of raid-wide damage, like Underlurker in ToS.

Stack the Deck/Tactical Superiority is the Scoundrel/Operative version which increases critical chance, which is not affected by level sync, and therefore is always useful.

how about getting the facts straight before you post nonsense...

force empowerment does increase you stats even when they are capped by level sync.

percentaged increases all work in level synced content! if the increase is a number (e.g. arenals) they dont work.

Edited by Opiklo

how about getting the facts straight before you post nonsense...

force empowerment does increase you stats even when they are capped by level sync.

percentaged increases all work in level synced content! if the increase is a number (e.g. arenals) they dont work.

Ouch. Chill out, I've already admitted one error this thread. Its not nonsense, but it was a false assumption.

But I did happen to verify this in a 24-person ops group doing Primal Destroyer last night (before it broke.) It does in fact still increase mastery and endurance even on level-locked Belsavis.

• 1 month later...

Lethality operative is great for passing around some extra hots while on the move, and gets a nice big heal from rolling.

Even just a vet flashpoint is going to be better for everyone if a lethality operative is in group hotting along the way.

The last fight of EV, I end up getting more heals than DPS usually for example. I don't use heals much in a boss fight, but if a healer dies or things are looking ugly I'll toss hots on the tank and do a roll heal.