SWTOR Installation issue

OFAWFletch

I have a brand new PC, Windows 10 version 21H2

32GB DDR5

GeForce 3080

All Windows updates applied. I installed SWTOR to default location. then run the executable, and the icon shows up on the taskbar for a second and goes away, even tried running as Administrator.

Any ideas?

For those with same issue but dont want to install via steam

try the below if the setup file is the issue

create a folder where you want the game installed , download and extract the repair utility found at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/4806237/jump-to/first-unread-message

into that folder and then create a shortcut to launcher.exe and away you go

I wish this would work for me. I used the launcher repair. It worked. I managed to get all of my settings and everything set, played a few minutes, had to log off. Wouldn't work to log back in. What it did want to do is reinstall the game. I let it. Was able to get in after applying the launcher repair again. Logged off, and launcher is now wanting to reinstall the game everytime I log in. I'm about over this.

I wish this would work for me. I used the launcher repair. It worked. I managed to get all of my settings and everything set, played a few minutes, had to log off. Wouldn't work to log back in. What it did want to do is reinstall the game. I let it. Was able to get in after applying the launcher repair again. Logged off, and launcher is now wanting to reinstall the game everytime I log in. I'm about over this.

Are you running "As Administrator"?