The quest "A Jawa's Concern" needs adjusting.

TheSpaceFerret

Considering how hard it already is to get a group for heroics (I know many who skip them altogether because of this alone), I really think "A Jawa's Concern" is badly designed.

Finding a group of four people that are willing to fight through 50 or so mobs just to get TO the heroic area seems to be rare, if not impossible. We either need a backdoor of sorts to the actual heroic area, or maybe a buff from the quest giver that makes it impossible to shoot us off our speeders so that we can get there, or maybe even nerf this particular quest down to a 2+.

For now, it looks like most people are just skipping the quest entirely. I've been trying for two days, and have yet to find a single person willing to do it, aside from those that didn't know what was involved.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats the least of your problems...

the instance is challenging to say the least so even if you do manage to find 4 ppl, if the group doesnt inlcude a healer and a tank, you will wipe (many times)...unless you are twinked or much higher level than the groups of 5 (which include 4 elites)....

by the way, once inside you have to kill 50, more or less, elite mobs (which is almost the entire mobs in the instance) to reach a wimpy fight with a boss...

this quest definately needs to be nerfed down or at least the reward increased to make up for the pain...

Just did this with two folks. Fairly easy, but you have to be smart about it, can't just go charging in swinging sabres. Our group was a Commando (heals) + Aric companion (dps) and Shadow (dps) + Qyzen companion (tank).

Each group has 3 elites and 2 strongs, except a couple of the pulls which are easier than that, and our strategy was to mez 2 of the elites, put the tank companion on the remaining elite and kill the 2 strongs, both of which die very quickly and you don't need healing for. Then the healer would heal up the tank companion and we killed the 3 elites one at a time, remezzing as necessary.

This got us through all the pulls. Remember you have all the length of the instance to kite through and all the mobs are melee with no tricks, so if you get into trouble you can always have someone kite up and down while you recover.

The suggestion that this should be reworked as a 2+ is unnecessary since it can already be done with 2 people. The good thing about doing it currently with 2 people is it will teach you a bit more about how to play your class, and I learnt a couple of things in there that were very handy. That's what clucth situations are for... dribbling through easy content doesn't teach you anything.

Edited by ElTorqiro

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't agree with ElTorqiro more. Missions like this are do-able without 4 man groups. We just completed it with 2 Jedi Shadows, and 2 healer companions. For tackling the mobs, mez 2 elites (we used Mind Maze) then take out the weaker one, concentrate on an elite for fast takedown, concentrate on another, then take care of the remaining two en-masse once they de-mez. Repeat until you are at the boss.

With the cave cleared of mobs, you now have the entire length of the cave to kite, which comes in handy later.

The boss is a bastard, but there are a few simple tricks to apply to beat him (especially with 2 ppl).

o A): He has a spinning strike AoE/DoT attack which is a real problem. The solution is to interrupt it every time you see it used. Your healers will be able to keep up with the damage better if you follow this tactic.

o B): Once he drops to 40-50% health, he summons 2 adds. They will plink you and pick you off one by one if you leave them unmanaged. Have one of your party (whoever has the aggro) kite the boss. Run the cave, kiting him behind. He won't hit you if you keep running. Let your other party member sap the trash he summoned. Once those are down, kite the boss back and rejoin the fray. Keep interrupting his spinning attack and take him down.

Note that he has a good amount of health to knock down. 75k. It will take awhile, but if you keep interrupting that spinning attack and take care of the sumoned trash, you should be alright.

Edited by AZNineNineNine

Just did this with two folks. Fairly easy, but you have to be smart about it, can't just go charging in swinging sabres. Our group was a Commando (heals) + Aric companion (dps) and Shadow (dps) + Qyzen companion (tank).

Each group has 3 elites and 2 strongs, except a couple of the pulls which are easier than that, and our strategy was to mez 2 of the elites, put the tank companion on the remaining elite and kill the 2 strongs, both of which die very quickly and you don't need healing for. Then the healer would heal up the tank companion and we killed the 3 elites one at a time, remezzing as necessary.

This got us through all the pulls. Remember you have all the length of the instance to kite through and all the mobs are melee with no tricks, so if you get into trouble you can always have someone kite up and down while you recover.

The suggestion that this should be reworked as a 2+ is unnecessary since it can already be done with 2 people. The good thing about doing it currently with 2 people is it will teach you a bit more about how to play your class, and I learnt a couple of things in there that were very handy. That's what clucth situations are for... dribbling through easy content doesn't teach you anything.

I'm not sure you understand the OP's complaint.

I duo'd it... we took our time and well had a strategy for pulls. I honestly can't remember any of the Heriocs +4 being frustratingly long and I've done all of them up to Voss.

I also can't remember ever getting frustrated with having too many mob pulls, or at least some that you can't sneakily avoid.

• 1 month later...
I think the OP's beef is that the path to get to the Heroic 4 is completely filled with trash mobs. I don't have a problem with this since there's another quest that's in the same area and you need to kill those same mobs anyway.

• 9 years later...
Considering how hard it already is to get a group for heroics (I know many who skip them altogether because of this alone), I really think "A Jawa's Concern" is badly designed.

Finding a group of four people that are willing to fight through 50 or so mobs just to get TO the heroic area seems to be rare, if not impossible...

I still YEARS later often DROP this QUEST solely because they don't even identify an Search area to search, allowing a little more focus. I mean perhaps some who do it regularly don't have a problem remembering where to go, but I don't do it enough.

I mean at least a 3-4 inch circle be nice, I know it's further down the trail... ...yet still. I just often NEVER do it enough and most still largely ignore this one.

Wish they changed this up a bit...

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

I still YEARS later often DROP this QUEST solely because they don't even identify an Search area to search, allowing a little more focus. I mean perhaps some who do it regularly don't have a problem remembering where to go, but I don't do it enough.

I mean at least a 3-4 inch circle be nice, I know it's further down the trail... ...yet still. I just often NEVER do it enough and most still largely ignore this one.

Wish they changed this up a bit...

Hi. If you are talking about finding the Padawan's body, look for a big rock with a Bantha and a tent near it - it is on the left side.

But honestly, i have never had any problems at all with this mission , i use to put companion on heals and storm through mobs, same for the cave ones.

Edited by Hrafnhildur