Mystery shutdowns due to Nvidia Graphic 1650 Super refresh rate overheating

Darkrebellord

Hi every just thought i let new users know that if your experiencing over heating issues leading to mystery blue screen of death shutdowns, which is likely due to Nvidia graphic refresh rate 120 HZ and above and your Graphic GPU racing to 75c degrees under Task manager/ Performances/ GPU temperature. or GPU 1 Temperature (whichever is for your graphic in use)

even if you have cooling fans arranged correctly you might want to customize refresh rate under Nvidia control panel in Change resolution refresh rate to reduce the temperature 20 degrees or more.

1) Under the current Nvidia graphic settings there is a tab box called Customize

2) You click that then go to create custom resolution.

3) In the section refresh rate change it down to either 90Hz or 100 Hz which allows 60 degrees do not change anything else.

4) Test and save it.

5) Then monitor the temperature over time via Task manager/ Performances scroll down until you find the GPU section click on that and look for the temperature.

you will have to do this after upgrade of the nvidia drivers each time. so far i have not found a way of saving the customize settings.

Your GPU temperature should not be getting above 60 degrees if your having systems crashes due to over heating of the Graphic card cause of the poor casing air flow and limited way cooling system can work.

So use customize section of Nvidia control panel to control your refresh rate this will reduce your system crashes and prevent you cooking your new Nvidia graphic card, preventing corruption of your operating system and thirdy party applications like Swtor and possibly destroying your chances of getting back into your desktop leading to losing your activation of the operating system.

I hope that assist anyone having odd shutdown blue screen crash due to overheating of the Graphic card.

While reducing the refresh rate can reduce heat generation, so can turning down some of the graphics settings, such as Bloom, Shadows, etc.

Personally, I'd rather keep the 120Hz refresh (because of the quicker response to control input) than the fancier graphics, if I had to choose. (I run on a 60Hz monitor with Vsync off, for that reason.)

Edited by JediQuaker

• 4 weeks later...

something seriously wrong with swtor the old republic totally reinstalled my operating system and swtor the old republic continuously crashes my computer causing overheating when ever it uses any refresh rate above 100mhz no matter what the features in game i turn down,

the only way i can keep the computer from crashing is to set the NVidia refresh rate to 100 mhz new computer Z490 and new install of everything and still swtor causes my computer.:mad: