Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ancient Hypergate should be removed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergate should be removed

collapsegen's Avatar


collapsegen
06.22.2021 , 06:12 PM | #1
As it stands now and has done since the last level increase it is far too easy to run interference on this map. double stealth out alone causes this problem enough on other maps but factor in all the utility and mobility and this low damage super tank meta and there is nothing you can do about one or 2 competent stealth classes stopping caps unless the whole team commits and gives up the orbs.

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
06.22.2021 , 08:58 PM | #2
When I start doing regs again, I love AH. I have never found AH to be all that challenging. The only fix it needs is allowing players to drop orbs up to the last second of play. There have been a few games I have lost due to the warzone error. Other than that, I love AH.

Enticy's Avatar


Enticy
06.22.2021 , 09:59 PM | #3
Ancient Hypergate is probably one of the easiest maps to play. The fact that you haven’t had much success in it is no reason to get rid of it. Your argument that a competent stealth can stop cap applies to literally every objective-based map in PvP. Just learn to deal with it.

collapsegen's Avatar


collapsegen
06.22.2021 , 11:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Enticy View Post
Ancient Hypergate is probably one of the easiest maps to play. The fact that you haven’t had much success in it is no reason to get rid of it. Your argument that a competent stealth can stop cap applies to literally every objective-based map in PvP. Just learn to deal with it.
you mean the maps that force you take a speeder to the battle field or the one with the enemy node on the other side of the map to you?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.22.2021 , 11:40 PM | #5
Hypergates is the most fun objective map there is. There is no reason to remove it unless the map has technical issues.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.22.2021 , 11:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by collapsegen View Post
As it stands now and has done since the last level increase it is far too easy to run interference on this map. double stealth out alone causes this problem enough on other maps but factor in all the utility and mobility and this low damage super tank meta and there is nothing you can do about one or 2 competent stealth classes stopping caps unless the whole team commits and gives up the orbs.
You are playing it wrong if you are concentrating on orbs over nodes

riinarah's Avatar


riinarah
06.23.2021 , 12:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by collapsegen View Post
As it stands now and has done since the last level increase it is far too easy to run interference on this map. double stealth out alone causes this problem enough on other maps but factor in all the utility and mobility and this low damage super tank meta and there is nothing you can do about one or 2 competent stealth classes stopping caps unless the whole team commits and gives up the orbs.
I play shadow tank mostly and Hypergate is probably my favorite along with Huttball. A competent powertech/vanguard or a good sorc can easily combat the double stealthout cap to give enough time for support to come. Also a team with a decent dps can force the stealthers to unstealth if you bombard the pylon as well as smart use of cc's and anti stealth abilities of course. Always seems to be a fun game when Hypergate pops (most of the time) I don't recognize the issue you raise.

Also f**k orbs.stop their cap!
-------------------
Yuu Yevon
-------------------

Joaina's Avatar


Joaina
06.23.2021 , 12:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by riinarah View Post
Also f**k orbs.stop their cap!
I totally agree with you.
HG is pure fun, but Orbs should be removed because they just confuse most players. I saw healers bringing orbs, while our Team got stomped keeping the enemy node neutral.
https://www.twitch.tv/jamira
Against all odds - Trolling premades

collapsegen's Avatar


collapsegen
06.23.2021 , 12:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by riinarah View Post
I play shadow tank mostly and Hypergate is probably my favorite along with Huttball. A competent powertech/vanguard or a good sorc can easily combat the double stealthout cap to give enough time for support to come. Also a team with a decent dps can force the stealthers to unstealth if you bombard the pylon as well as smart use of cc's and anti stealth abilities of course. Always seems to be a fun game when Hypergate pops (most of the time) I don't recognize the issue you raise.

Also f**k orbs.stop their cap!
not gunna lie this actually made my head hurt lol well done. forcing a stealther to unstealth by bombarding the pylon lmao yes hel be stood back there like well now i gotta unstealth. ggez why didnt i think of that. he deffo doesnt have to stay alive and stop cap until the other stealther gets back which takes no time at all on AHG.

The point isnt that stealth classes are hard to deal with its that if you have 2 or 3 running interference you have to delete all of them at once or your not capping because the first one you killed will be back long before your done with the next if they have half a clue how to play. i see this almost every game they can get back way too quickly on that map. because survivability and mobility is somewhere between 3 to 5 times higher than it was when that map was added

riinarah's Avatar


riinarah
06.23.2021 , 01:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by collapsegen View Post
not gunna lie this actually made my head hurt lol well done. forcing a stealther to unstealth by bombarding the pylon lmao yes hel be stood back there like well now i gotta unstealth. ggez why didnt i think of that. he deffo doesnt have to stay alive and stop cap until the other stealther gets back which takes no time at all on AHG.

The point isnt that stealth classes are hard to deal with its that if you have 2 or 3 running interference you have to delete all of them at once or your not capping because the first one you killed will be back long before your done with the next if they have half a clue how to play. i see this almost every game they can get back way too quickly on that map. because survivability and mobility is somewhere between 3 to 5 times higher than it was when that map was added
Good trick to bypass this is use shroud of the shadow with shadow tank to make your resilience immune for the cap duration which forces them to exit stealth (or sometimes they keep trying to mezz you and you get the cap) Burn that stealth down and repeat. I know what you mean I do get you but I've encountered this before with multiple stealthers trying to prevent cap and yes if you bombard a pylon and kill enemies pretty fast you they cant just stand back. Many times I've seen a strong dps team take pylons with 2 or more stealthers guarding. And there is a delay when you die its not an instant "jump back into the fight" the doors delay to help with this, so your point about getting "back in no time" is completely wrong. Maybe you should just learn to combat it instead of moaning about a game mode which is quite popular among a lot of players.
-------------------
Yuu Yevon
-------------------