Issues with logging in

JackieKo

Ok, so On June 17 I logged in very late, like 10 or 11PM EDT. I did not encounter any issue, probably because the bad patch was removed.

On the 18 and 19 of June, I was able to login and play, without issue.

Today the launcher asks me for my credentials and security key, but then fails at the initialization process (before the Play button becomes available), and the Play button remains disabled.

There is a message on lower left side that says something like "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Retry this patch" (self translating from French)

Thing is, I don't see any option on the launcher to redownload the game, or to re-apply any patch.

Is that the issue people were having regarding this thread ?

How do I redownload the game ? (besides the obvious option to uninstall from Windows admin console)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so On June 17 I logged in very late, like 10 or 11PM EDT. I did not encounter any issue, probably because the bad patch was removed.

On the 18 and 19 of June, I was able to login and play, without issue.

Today the launcher asks me for my credentials and security key, but then fails at the initialization process (before the Play button becomes available), and the Play button remains disabled.

There is a message on lower left side that says something like "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Retry this patch" (self translating from French)

Thing is, I don't see any option on the launcher to redownload the game, or to re-apply any patch.

Is that the issue people were having regarding this thread ?

How do I redownload the game ? (besides the obvious option to uninstall from Windows admin console)

That is a different issue and often just a connectivity problem. Generally, closing the launcher and try again will resolve the issue. Sometimes a reboot is in order.

That is a different issue and often just a connectivity problem. Generally, closing the launcher and try again will resolve the issue. Sometimes a reboot is in order.

Oy ! Thanks ! Saved me a redownload.

I was obviously closing the launcher each time I wanted to retry to login. But this gave me a hint to check the Task Manager to see if anything was still running in the background.

I could see 3 different Bitraider entry even as the launcher was apparently closed. So I "End task" each of them.

Then after launching the game and providing my credentials, the game is working fine now.

Cheers !

Oy ! Thanks ! Saved me a redownload.

I was obviously closing the launcher each time I wanted to retry to login. But this gave me a hint to check the Task Manager to see if anything was still running in the background.

I could see 3 different Bitraider entry even as the launcher was apparently closed. So I "End task" each of them.

Then after launching the game and providing my credentials, the game is working fine now.

Cheers !

Yeah, that can happen with BitRaider. Funny that we say that BitRaider is rubbish, and it is (toss it in the bin and light it on fire), but people using the BitRaider client were not affected by the fubar patch (nor were those on Steam).

• 2 weeks later...
On SF, I did get kicked back to server select, but I shut down and restarted the game, seems to be ok now, fingers crossed, playing through steam.

Restarting doesn't work. I've already tried! I fall to the server select window and from there the game does not let me in!!!

Great. It got worse!!! Now the servers are not even selectable!!! You hover the cursor over them and a message appears saying "servers offline"!!! UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!! I'm losing my play time because of this crap... this is getting really boring and tiresome let me tell you...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Great. It got worse!!! Now the servers are not even selectable!!! You hover the cursor over them and a message appears saying "servers offline"!!! UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!! I'm losing my play time because of this crap... this is getting really boring and tiresome let me tell you...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They are doing maintenance. To fix the patch from earlier today.

I am NOT uninstalling then waiting several hours to REinstall the game. YOU will fix this problem NOT us. YOU screwed up. why? you people NEVER fully and thoroughly TEST anything. This is all YOUR fault so YOU need to fix it ASAP. Remove this stupid so-called update so we can play. Its coming up for me to renew my sub. If this keeps up I will NOT renew it and you've not only lost a good customer, but also your precious money from me.

This is intolerable and uncalled for. I remember one patch or update a year or so ago. In order just to log on, I had to remove that damn bitraider file everytime before logging on. Now this happens. If I sound angry and annoyed, well too bad, because I and many others are. Deal with it. This is what happens when you mess things up. FIX IT.

• Dev Post
I am NOT uninstalling then waiting several hours to REinstall the game.

Drogox,

We communicated that we were going to be taking down the servers to implement a fix. This did not require an uninstall and reinstall of the game on the player side. I encourage you to keep an eye on the Dev Tracker especially on patch days as there can be a bit of communication sent out to players throughout the day.

The whole game. My launcher is downloading 11 GB of Main Assets 1.

EDIT: at not even 8 MB per second(1). The *download* is going to take in excess of 20 minutes.

(1) For F's sake, I have gigabit fibre. 8MB per second is pathetic.

must be the route...:D

Drogox,

We communicated that we were going to be taking down the servers to implement a fix. This did not require an uninstall and reinstall of the game on the player side. I encourage you to keep an eye on the Dev Tracker especially on patch days as there can be a bit of communication sent out to players throughout the day.

hi Jackie,

do you think you can look into separating the "Dev tracker" from something else like the "Adminstration tracker" or something. no offense, but that "dev tracker" is hot garbage. it's filled with a load of nonsense because it just automatically logs everything any BW employee seems to post, not actual game notifications, which are an entirely different beast.

Ok so, why am I redownloading the entire game and not the patch? I saw something about this on my guild's discord channel and it was supposedly "fixed" yet I'm doing this huge download of the game and not the patch. Yes I use the launcher but this extremely slow download of the ENTIRE game is a bit much. I get off work log on for the patch and now I can't play because I am getting the entire game again and losing a full day of my sub. :rak_02::mad:

I have a similar problem (it seems that french people don't share it). Every couple of days, when I try to play, Steam or just the launcher tries to download again the full game. Yesterday, I did the new patch, it downloaded just the patch. I played a little, closed the game and put my computer into sleep mode. Today, I wake up my computer and steam asks me to download entirely the game... again.

"begin a redownload of the game." - when last time I was forced by developer to redownload a game, it was also due to their mistake with clumsy patching the game Elder Scrolls Online. I remember that time I was so angry I cancelled subscription and never started that game again...

Hope it won't happen with SWTOR as I'd have to repeat it.

I'm now trying to patch the game, wasn't trying to do it earlier. Hope it will be enough since I've got just 10Mb cable connection and re-downloading 80GB is not an option.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

A patch of the game was made available when it was not ready to be deployed. This has caused players who use the game launcher to not be able to log into the game. Steam and Bitraider players are not affected by this issue. This will only impact users who tried to log-in in the last few hours.

We have issued a fix that will now automatically deploy the correct version of the game. For anyone who was in the "unable to login" state, logging into the launcher will automatically begin a redownload of the game.

If you continue to have issues, please report it here.

We wholeheartedly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

I redownloaded the game twice with bit raider and twice on steam. I am still having trouble logging in since the latest update.