Can someone explain the Origin sub offers?

Yxiomel

Hi, I'm new to this, and just got a sub off of Origin for 1 month. It is the special "you can only add this once" offer for £8.99.

I am not really getting what is so special about this offer. I thought I was getting 500 extra cartel coins, but it seems not - all I got was the 500 coins all subs get.

They also have a £24.99 package, that comes with a bonus 1050 coins. That doesn't look like a great deal, as it costs 1p more than just buying a 60 day sub and 1050 coins seperately - maybe worth it for the Dagger thingie? Unless this 1050 coins replaces the 500 sub coins (if we are being consistent with how the deal I bought is advertised....), in which case this is an explicitly terrible deal.

What is going on?

The standard edittion is the 30 days "CD-Key" players got when they bought the game back in the day. Since the game is free to play now, they changed the price to match a 30 days sub. Only "benefit" is that you don't need to cancel manually, if you only want to try one month.

In euros, the deluxe pack is a better deal: 29.99€ vs. 26.99€ + 8.00€.

And yes, the 1050 coins are in addition to the 2 * 525 you get for a 60 days sub.

Edited by Mubrak