Your Ideal Canon Races/Classes/genders/alignment

Joluka

In an as objective way as possible, i think nearly any species works for the Pub characters, except probably Chiss and Purebloods who seem less likely.

BH and IA would prbably work with any species, though i'd probably see the IA as either human/cyborg or Chiss.

For both Sith though, i think only Human/cyborg and Pureblood can work, with a higher probability on Pureblood for the SW and on human/cyborg for the SI.

The SW is clearly stated to be from a well know imperial / sith family so they can very clearly only be human/cyborg or Pureblood. And the people the closest to Vitiate : the Hand and Scourge are all Purebloods, so i'd go with Pureblood as the most logical here.

The SI is clearly supposed to be the same species as Kallig and considering the shape and size of his mask, you can't fit a Twi'lek, Nautolan or Togruta's head in that, that'd probably exclude Zabraks too because of the horns. Then, the SI becomes a member of the Dark Council before Ilum and during Annihilation, which takes place after Ilum, most of the SI's fellow Dark Council members are completely against Karrid becoming one of them because she's an alien, indicating there are no alien on the DC, and there are no aliens on Acina's DC either.

So that leaves only human/cyborg and Pureblood, but Zash refers to Ffon as "the red one", so the SI is most probably human/cyborg.

Now, for my favourite combinations (even when they contradict what i think would be the most logical canonicity) :

- JK = female, human-Echani hybrid (obviously human ingame), Sentinel, so with an Ahsoka-like fighting style, but personnality-wise more of a mix between Obi-Wan's snarkiness and Anakin's impatience and recklessness. She tries to be a "perfect" Jedi, but is a bit too passionate to really be good at it. In a romantic relationship with Theron Shan.

- JC = male, Iridonian Zabrak, Shadow. He's calm and wise , loves reading and learning all kind of things, he is exactly what you'd expect from a Jedi

- Trooper = female, Nautolan, Vanguard. A true patriot, she'll fight for the Republic but will refuse to follow orders if they go against her moral values, which more often than not puts her at odds with her hierarchy. Maried to Aric Jorgan

- Smuggler = female, Twi'lek, Scoundrel. She likes traveling the galaxy and wants a nice, comfortable life. Loved flirting with any male she encountered, but ended up with Koth Vortena.

- Smuggler bis, as i like them both equally = male, Rattataki, Gunslinger. A big teddybear who'll do anything for the people he considers to be his familly, and will kill anyone threatening said familly. Maried to Akaavi Spar

- SW = female, human, Juggernaut. Rather neutral, she's an honorable warrior who wants to protect her people and fights for a cause she could believe in. She's an overal nice person to be around, but don't get in her way, and don't think she's weak or an idiot, that'd be your last mistake. In a relationship with Arcann.

- SI = male, human-Pureblood hybrid, bastard son of a Pureblood Sith lord and one of his human slaves, Sorcerer. He's a cunning survivor who'll do everything, no matter the cost to be free. There are 3 things to never do while dealing with him : think you're more intelligent than him, try to force him do something and try to kill him as it'll usually result in a painful death.

- IA = female, Chiss, Operative. A cold and very professional agent who'll use any asset, including her own charms to accomplish her mission. She'll try as much as possible to keep the collateral damages as low as possible, but the mission comes first. After being brainwashed, she turned her back on the Empire and joined the SIS, but her true loyalty goes to the Ascendancy. Maried to Vector Hyllus.

- BH = female, Mirialan, Mercenary. She became a BH to get revenge on the people who murdered her familly, won the Great Hunt to take revenge on the man who killed her mentor. She has a habbit of adding facial tattoos whenever she kills one of the people who wronged her. She then found a new familly with the Mandalorians, and will follow them wherever they go. Maried to Torian Cadera.

SI is clearly intended to work with alien species. Kallig's helmet can't really be used as an argument story wise since it hides the lekku/horns on the PC as well. It's just a visual design/modelling limitation. Also there are Twi'lek specific dialogs in the SI storyline, as opposed to the generic alien ones, they are definitely intended.

Inclusion of one alien on the DC probably wouldn't make them any happier to include a second, and Acina's DC was formed when the PC was a block of carbonite, so I don't see how that's relevant

About the only one that doesn't really work is Pureblood

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SI is clearly intended to work with alien species. Kallig's helmet can't really be used as an argument story wise since it hides the lekku/horns on the PC as well. It's just a visual design/modelling limitation. Also there are Twi'lek specific dialogs in the SI storyline, as opposed to the generic alien ones, they are definitely intended.

Inclusion of one alien on the DC probably wouldn't make them any happier to include a second, and Acina's DC was formed when the PC was a block of carbonite, so I don't see how that's relevant

About the only one that doesn't really work is Pureblood

The fact the helmet hides the lekku is a weird mechanic, nothing more, as there are other helmets that make the lekku disappear on Twi'lek, on a pure aesthetic pov, you really can't fit a Twi'lek, Nautolan or Togruta's head in that helmet.

The game just acknoledges your character's particular species in a particular instance, Saganu will aknowledge a Chiss SI as being a FU Chiss, and you'll have specific lines about that, that doesn't make that species more logical when taking all other aspects into account.

And while playing my Twi'lek SI i think the only times his actual species is really acknoledged, instead of the regular alien talk is when Talos speaks about Twi'lek and Tukata. That's the only one i remember at least.

Just like the game will give you a different title / loading screen while starting the story when your SI is Pureblood to reflect why a Pureblood would be a slave.

There are just more objective hints pointing towards the SI being human than anything else. That being said that shouldn't stop anyone from making their own SI any species they want.

That's the good part of having no canonical version the different PCs.

That certainly didn't stop me from making mine a Pureblood (well half-human and half-pureblood in my HC), simply because while creating him, that was the only version i really liked and thought he looked really cool like this, and where i thought the voice really matched his look.

And, well, i personnaly think a human SI is actually boring.

Edited by Goreshaga

I'll limit myself to classes where I have finished the 'story'. Since I largely can't stand The Republic this will mostly be about Imperials.

Republic: (Liberty, Equality, Fraternity and Unicorns!)

Smuggler, Human, Male, Light Side: Sure he wants to save The Republic. But he's also in it for the Fame, Fortune and um... Companionship;). So, win win, right?

Now to the 'good' stuff...

Sith Empire: (Passion is beautiful; Unbridled Passion is Glorious!)

Sith Warrior, Human, Male, Dark Side: Doesn't engage in needless cruelty. Bang up alongside needful cruelty. All in on Darth Marr's vision of an orderly, united empire dominating the galaxy.

Sith Inquisitor, Human, Male, Lightside: Devoted to the defense of The Empire and its citizens. Driven to restore the House of Kallig to its rightful place of leadership. Ally of Darth Marr, but knows better than to trust in the friendship of a Sith.

Bounty Hunter, Cyborg, Male, Neutral: Honorable, Professional, doesn't let anything get in the way of getting the job done.

Imperial Agent, Cyborg, Male, Lightside: Doesn't like the Sith, hates the Jedi. Protects The Empire not because it's good, but because it is Home.

Edited by ZhukovGK

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this thread. I've already posted twice in it lol. Getting back into swtor again and I've given this some thought recently and revised my list (again). If we want to use official media as a guide for a soft canon, all or most of the classes would be human, but that's boring. My list attempts to use all advanced classes and thus avoids using the same class twice, and non-humans wherever it's realistic for variety.

Knight - Human or Miraluka. Guardian. Male. Light side. Human is iconic, but Miraluka works because they literally see via the force and apparently Miraluka Jedi tend to be excellent saberists. Don't ask me where I read that, I don't remember. Relying so heavily and innately on the force also serves as a nice contrast to the Sith Pureblood, which is covered later. Guardian for that iconic single saber look.

Consular - Mirialan. Shadow. Female. Light side. I pick Mirialan because of their more religious view of the force, which fits the sagey bits of the story. I pick Shadow because Act 2 and 3 are less sagey and more political intrigue and shenanigans. Both classes work, though. Either gender works, but the male acting is a lot flatter than the already pretty flat female acting.

Smuggler - Twi'lek. Gunslinger. Female. Neutral to light side. Really any race, gender, and alignment could probably work.

Trooper - Republic Zabrak. Commando. Undecided on gender and alignment. Cathar would work, too, but I found some conversations with Aric really weird with him mansplaining to my Cathar trooper how Cathars work. I picked Commando simply so the unique assault canon weapons get some use but either class works.

Warrior - Human or Pureblood. Marauder. Male. Dark side. Purebloods innately use the dark side of the force, which would be an interesting contrast to a Miraluka Jedi. The warrior comes from a noble Sith family (according to a dialog option in your first conversation on Korriban) so is most likely one of these two races. I pick Marauder simply to avoid overlap with Guardian, but the dual sabers thing are also an effective visual aid for the warrior's ferocity.

Inquisitor - Human, Imperial Zabrak, or Twi'lek. Sorcerer. Gender doesn't matter. Unsure on alignment. I prefer female Twi'lek because that's the iconic "slave" in this universe, and other than a graphical limitation with Kallig's helmet I think it fits the story best. Imperial Zabrak would also be a neat contrast to the Republic Zabrak above. I'm unsure on alignment but thinking neutral or leaning slightly dark or light. I would say this one boils down to which VA you prefer as they deliver their lines differently.

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki. Powertech. Gender doesn't matter. Light side. I chose light side because after 2 or so playthroughs of the class, playing as a reliable professional who follows through on contracts as to-the-letter as possible will lean the hunter light side.

Agent - Human, maybe Chiss. Operative. Gender undecided. Unsure on alignment. I pick human because they're so commonplace that one could conceivably blend in and infiltrate just about anywhere. Chiss is a hard sell for me. The Chiss are the Empire's only willing, deliberate, intentional ally, this would be significant to the people who matter in the Republic military and government and a Chiss agent would stand out in a very bad way. That said, Agent is arguably the class where a playable Chiss makes the most sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I have played both male and female and multiple races. Having done that the following are my favorites for each class so far and I guess you could call them my "canon characters".

Republic:

Smuggler-Mostly Light-side Female Rutian Twi'lek Scoundrel. I tend to play her as a smart-alec as much as possible. I find Corso boring so I didn't have her romance anyone. I may use her in my next run-through of KOTET. I think she would do well with Theron

Trooper - Strong Light-side Female Chiss Vanguard - No nonsense, direct, ethical and professional. Aric Jorgan romance. What can I say, I like the Chiss. My head-canon is that her parents escaped the Empire when she was a child.

Jedi Consular - Strong Light-side Male Mirialan Jedi Shadow- I see him as honorable, but with an occasional sense of humor (In my head-canon, he would call his humor a sense of perspective). No romance since his only option in the main story-line is his student Nadia. He would consider that unethical. Also, I suspect he would consider romance a distraction in general.

Jedi Knight - Strong Light-side Pure-blood Sith Jedi Sentinel. My head-canon is that his parents escaped the Sith Empire before he was born and came to the Republic. He romanced Kira Carsen. He is an honorable warrior, but not quite as much as a stickler for the rules as my Jedi Consular.

Sith Empire:

Imperial Agent - Mostly Light-side Chiss Male. He is a bit of a smart-alec who starts out more neutral and becomes more anti-sith and light-sided as the story progresses. I absolutely loath Kaliyo so I had him eventually romance Arcann.

Bounty Hunter- Neutral to Light-Side Female Togruta Powertech. Honorable, professional and always brings in her bounty. Romanced Torian.

Sith Warrior - Light-side Male Sith Pure-blood Sith Marauder. Honorable, occasionally ruthless (only when he feels it is called for or it is unavoidable), not given to cruelty (he finds it distasteful) and usually kind (when he feels he can get away with it without giving away his true mostly light-side nature). He frees Vette from her slave collar and romances Vette.

Sith Inquisitor- Light-side Female Chiss Sith Sorcerer. Honorable, stern (secretly kind). Frees the souls she uses for the power she needs to defeat Thanaton. I will probably have her romance Arcann since I can't stand Andronikos.

Edited by Pathera

I must say, that I seldom play darkside, because many ds decisions are just so... stupid. So even my Imp characters often turned out to be more light than darkside.

Smuggler: female Mirilan, very cheeky and mostly good hearted, but always on the lookout for making money. She is sometimes specced as a healer or a Ruffian

Jedi Knight: Female Torgruta. She is light side, but does not stand behind everything, the jedi order teaches. SHe sometimes questions things

Consular: Female Twilek. Has a bit of a cynical world view, seeing how many people around her got corrupted. She is always ready to help though.

Trooper: female Mirilan. A bit of a female Mal Reynolds - lot's of attitude and opinions and often has problems with high ranking officers (in my head canon Aric is constantly rolling his eyes, when she talks to a superior).

Imperial Agent: female Chiss - totally lightside, did leave the Imperium in the end, likes to help, hates the SIth now (I mean, just look at the IA story - is there one sane or even competent SIth?) and wants to explore the galaxy.

Sith Warrior: There are two, that are my canon: 1. a male Pureblood. Jugg. Practical and down to earth, not unnecessarily cruel. 2. Female Twilek Mara - very lightside, hates her master and plans rebellion.

Sith Inquisitor: female Pureblood assassin. She is named after a character from World of Darkness: Myca Vykos (wanted to call her Sascha, Mycas later name, but that name was taken) - she has some traits of Vykos in that she can be irratic in her decisions and not always makes her plans known and being a scholar, but she isn't as inhumane as Vykos.

Merc: Torgruta female. She isn't that much into the Mandalorian stuff, but she respects it and the people. SHe is an adventurer at heart and that is her main focus - doing interesting stuff.

I tend to play female characters more, that's why most of my 'canons' are female.

I know this forum is specified on the ideal race/gender/alignment for each class. But when I recently restarted SWTOR to replay and enjoy the new content, I started reading the forums and found this post. It seemed like a great place to post and share my ideas surrounding each character and how I choose their appearances and responses throughout their class quests and the following content.

I have two legacy headcanons. In my first legacy, all my characters were alien and had no connections. I picked them on what I believed worked best for each class. However, my second legacy and most recent is centered around my headcanon background for each character.

1. My Warrior and Knight are identical twins that were separated as children due to manipulations from the Emperor. Knight experiencing a severe case of amnesia, and if I ever write a fanfic, it will be centered on these two, and the confrontation that is destined to occur between them.

Both my warrior and knight are human, male, and pragmatic, with my warrior swinging more DS and my knight LS. Initially, these two were going to be Sith, since it felt more appropriate, but I switched them back to human because it worked better for their backstory.

2. My Trooper, Sorcery, and Bounty Hunter, like my Knight and Warrior, are siblings. Alderaan nobility that were separated due to fighting during the war between the Republic and Empire. Sorcery ended up a slave, the trooper was rescued by the Republic, and bounty hunter got lost in the chaos and became a bounty hunter.

My sorcery is a female, human, and while she starts fairly neutral, she's DS by the end of my playthrough.

My trooper is male, human, and neutral and stays that way, he was my only character on initial play through that stayed neutral when there was no DS or LS metered for every action you took.

My bounty hunter is female, human, and generally chaotic neutral.

3. My Smuggler was born in the Empire to a powerful Sith lord but escaped because he despised his predetermined role within the Empire and wanted freedom.

He’s human, male, and falls towards chaotic neutral for alignment.

4. My Consular was intended to be another Voice for the Emperor but was rescued as a young child and taken in by the Jedi. This is why I have more fun with her story in my headcanon rather than the actual class story.

She’s mirialan, my only alien in this legacy, female, and like all my characters in this legacy initially neutral, but by the end falls into LS.

5. Lastly, my agent was interesting. He came from Zakuul, was part of an Organization that was somewhat similar to the Faceless Men from ASOIAF. However, in my headcanon, I call them Shadows. It’s where he gets the skills that made him stand out in Imperial Intelligence. He escaped from Zakuul and joined the only group he believed capable of defeating the Eternal Empire.

He’s human, male, and DS neutral.

That's one of my legacies and how I see they're headcanons rolled up in a nutshell.

My 8 canon mains:

JC: Togruta Male Sage Seer, LS IV, very rule oriented, respecting laws of other cultures: if the Voss want to throw Sophia Farash off the mountain, welp that's their culture! Modeled as an older, sterner Nadia.

JK: Twi'lek Female Vig Guardian, LS V. She's very good at giving darksiders chances to redeem themselves. Modeled as a less cynical Kira.

Trooper: Human Female Gunnery Commando, LS III. A lot of her DS pts come from initially obeying Garza and later butting heads. Modeled as a more maverick Jorgan.

Smuggler: Cathar Female Scrapper Scoundrel, DS V. She backstabs her way through most of the game with the goal of creating her own criminal empire. Glibly charming as only a true sociopath can be. Modeled as a meaner Risha.

IA: Rattataki Female Operative, DS III. Everything she does is based around breaking the rules for fun and Empire. She lets Kothe go free on Quesh just to blow up the Black Codex when he shows up. Modeled as a more patriotic Kaliyo.

BH: Cyborg Female Shieldtech PT, LS II. Mandalorian, honors contracts, doesn't like Sith, doesn't care about empire/republic conflicts. Modeled as a cross between Torian and Mako.

SW: Pureblood Female Marauder, DS II. Very honorable, spends a lot of time in sidequests and FPs to serve the Empire, but never takes Vette's collar off, doesn't trust aliens. Modeled after a force-sensitive Quinn.

SI: Miraluka Female, Neutral. Darth Occlus*. Extremely capricious. May let the Balmorra scientist go...until he questions her decision, then he's dead. May be legitimately crazy. Modeled after a restrained DS Jaesa.

*Strange choice ikr, but supposedly this really is canon. https://starwarsbloodlines.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Occlus

• 5 months later...

For Inquisitors and Warriors, I'd say the following as far as species are concerned;

Inquisitor: Human.

Warrior: Human, Pureblood or Cyborg.

They're the only species that make sense for those classes from a lore perspective.

Let's start with the Inquisitor. We can rule out red-skinned Zabraks because of Zash calling Ffon Althe "the red one", as if he is the only one with red skin among Harkun's acolytes.

Lastly, your ancestor is Lord Kallig from the Old Sith Empire. He was born into nobility outside of the Empire, but left his family to join the Sith Order. If your Inquisitor is a non-human, Talos mentions that Kallig was an alien.

This if anything felt like a poor attempt by BW to justify Inquisitors as aliens because aliens were only allowed to become Sith when the Sith Empire was losing too many Sith during the First Great Galactic War. If Talos had mentioned something about how Kallig's human genes were no longer noticable on the outside because of Kallig's enslaved family mixing with a hybrid-compatible species for generations, Miraluka, Twi'leks or Zabraks, since they are the only Human hybridizing compatible species available in SWTOR by the time I'm writing this, my list of species that I'd say work for the Inquisitor would include those three.

As for the Sith Warrior, you're "heir to a great Sith bloodline" as your character puts it on Korriban who was brought there to train ahead of schedule because Tremel didn't want Vemrin to succeed and become Sith because he's mixed blood.

EDIT: So after a bit of digging around, it seems later parts of SWTOR do in fact support the idea of an alien Warrior. You meet this guy on Taris who talks about how annoying "lesser species", and you can say "What do you mean by "lesser species?" in a pretty annoyed voice. On Belsavis where Imperial Non-Human Relations are trying to free Shange, you get an option along the lines of "I assume you treat us non-humans with the same respect you treat your own?". You can even call Regus out on Ilum by saying "Don't worry, it's not contageous." If you want 100% immersion all the way through the game and don't want to ignore the earlier parts of the game, I'd recommend Sith, Human or Cyborg.

Secondly, I no longer think it's absurd to imagine Kallig as an alien. If he was a Twi'lek or a Zabrak, he guess he could have undergone lekku or horn-surgery and kept his mask on to pretend to be a human, with the truth being revealed after his death. So for the Inquisitor, I'd say: Human, Twi'lek, Miraluka or Zabrak since they can interbred with humans, so Kallig's lineage could live on as slaves.

With that being said, I'm ruling out Sith Chiss 100%. Force sensitive Chiss are executed when they're born, so they have no choice but to flee and would never end up as Sith.

For the Jedi Knight, I'm probably pretty picky but I would say either Mirialan or Human if you're a male romancing Kira in vanilla SWTOR because she mentions your character and her aren't a great genetic match if you're non-human. And here I was on my Zabrak Guardian thinking to myself "... wut :rak_02:"

For genders, I'd have to say male Consular. The Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook established the Consular to be male.

Edited by Enskojare

In your ideal world, what races/classes/genders/alignment would the Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Trooper, Smuggler, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, and Imperial Agent have?

For me:

Jedi Knight -- Chiss-female, body type 2 or 4, Sentinel, romances Kira. All light side decisions.

Jedi Consular -- Zabrak female, body type 1, Sage, romances Nadia. All light side decisions.

I am not as "married" to the other choices, and they become rather repetitive.

• 5 months later...

Sorry if I'm committing necromancy, but this just struck me as the kind of thread where new players can chime in about how they play their characters.

So, I kind of came to the game with a character I'd devoloped in Jedi Accademy and some PnP set in the Dark Empire alternate reality. She was a Twilek slave owned by a hutt on Tatooine and danced in a Cantina. She managed to coordinate her escape by virtue of being force sensetive, ran with pirates and smugglers for a while before being discovered by a Sith. She's mostly dark side but has a soft spot for slaves and oppressed aliens. Of course in the Sith stories most of the quests that involve helping slaves and aliens wind up being dark side anyway (cyclops on Korriban, Slave Cult on DK, etc.) She originally used dual sabers but I went with Assassin after learning the story involved being a former slave and I think it's panning out well. It deffinitely makes sense to me to use a race with a history of slavery for the class story, and I'm pretty sure they put Kellig in a full head mask in order to keep his race ambiguous. Lekku and whatever it's called on Nautolans and Togrutas are just a limitation of what they had to work with, and even so, Twilek's head tails disappear when you wear the mask even if it doesn't make sense spacially.

Warrior story deffinitely seems to imply strong Sith ancestry even if they aren't red enough to qualify for Pureblood, but it still seems to be leaning that way. That being said, my warrior is a clone of my main in case I decide I really want to dual saber, which doesn't fit the story at all.

Agent I went with Chiss at first cause I wanted the legacy unlock to make blue people all over the place and I thought Agent made more sense than Bounty Hunter. There does seem to be some synchronicity with the Chiss Ascendancy and all. Bur I decided my primary Agent would be a Cyborg because I thought it made sense with the story after the first playthrough. If you take enough of the options you're basically a cyborg by the end of the story anyway. I also had an old character that fit the bill though he probly would have fit better as a Fixer than Cipher if that was an option

Bounty Hunter doesn't strike me so far to suggest a particular race. Possibly Human if you're going for 'Pureblood Mandalorian' but there's daveronians and zabrak walking around calling themselves Mandalirian so I'm guessing any race works.

Jedi both are described as being unprecedentedly strong in the force so it makes sense to me for them to be a race with a natural affinity for the force, Miralyka, Mirialan, maybe even Voss if that ever becomes a thing. I'd love to make a Bith Jedi because it makes sense with them having heightened senses that it might translate to force sensetivity. Oh well, maybe PnP.

Smuggler is basically the Han Solo WB class, so I guess human male would go best. However I'm having a lot of fun with a snarky female Cathar and a post legacy unlock adventuresome Chiss.

Trooper is the last one and I haven't gotten very far into the story yet. My head story is he's a volunteer from Var Suthra's Cyborg experiments in the Jedi story, mostly light side good little soldier with a weakness for tactical advantage. If it helps the republic win by doing the bad thing, do the bad thing.

Agent - Human, maybe Chiss. Operative. Gender undecided. Unsure on alignment. I pick human because they're so commonplace that one could conceivably blend in and infiltrate just about anywhere. Chiss is a hard sell for me. The Chiss are the Empire's only willing, deliberate, intentional ally, this would be significant to the people who matter in the Republic military and government and a Chiss agent would stand out in a very bad way. That said, Agent is arguably the class where a playable Chiss makes the most sense.

I finally finished a Chiss Agent awhile back and decided it works a whole lot better than I thought it would.

Edited by eldefail

Jedi Knight: Human male, light cleaning but more pragmatic since willing to work with sketchy ppl like Doc as well as Sith like Scourge and continue training former Sith like Kira.

Jedi Consular: Mirialan female, probably the the most light-side leaning, more of a "goody two-shoes" and less controversial with the Jedi Council than the Knight.

Smuggler: Human male, Probably either neutral or at most Light 2-3 due to their criminal background, most likely serves light side ends for selfish reasons but it adds up to them being light or greyish overall. Probably the one most in the middle

Trooper: Human, Twilek or Cathar female, believes in duty to the Republic above all but like Jorgan believes that duty supersedes the corrupt authority of their superiors and will disobey it if against their conscience or at the cost of lives.

Sith Warrior: Sith pureblood or Human male, very honor-focused and protective of his heritage like Lord Praven in the Knight story, believes Jedi want to wipe out his ppl and so is loyal to the Empire as a result but opposes the meaningless cruelty of fellow Sith and seeks to reform things. Willing to kill worthy adversaries similar to the Mandalorians but doesn't believe in abusing the weak.

Sith Inquisitor: Human female, interested in uncovering secret knowledge regardless if light or dark and also believes in reforming the system because they see it as inefficient. Light leaning enough in her stated goals/intentions for Ashara to agree to work with her but dark enough that they're willing to test the Silencer weapon and wipe out a Republic fleet. Probably an arch-pragmatist like Lana but not sadistically dark-leaning.

Bounty Hunter: Rattataki or Human male, seeks strong targets to hone their skills in battle but will gladly freeze his targets if possible. My official head-canon for him in terms of why he kills the Jedi master Kellian Jaro at the end of the Great Hunt is that the Jedi was too dangerous and couldn't be taken alive. I also betray Darth Tormen bc I don't see Chancellor Janarus as a worthy adversary in combat despite being high-profile and I don't like the idea of Imperials breathing down my neck as well as the Genoharadan constantly hunting me, not to mention Tormen is committing too many atrocities and forcing me to be complicit which pits more of a target on my back.

Imperial Agent: Chiss or Human male, suspicious of both sides due to the Empire using Castellan Restraints on him and the Republic exploiting it. Works with ppl whom he deems useful but never fully trusts his companions and is always prepared in case of a betrayal. Doesn't believe in unnecessary death simply to tie up loose ends partly bc killing too many ppl leaves behind a mess. Kills Watcher X put of obligation to Kaliyo since she's his teammate and doesn't want to upset her, also tries to take Ardun Koethe in alive on Quesh but fails. Probably in the Grey or slightly light-leaning.

• 3 weeks later...

Warrior - Human Male, Juggernaut, Dark Side. Not an absolute psychopath but does not respond well to anything that isn't well thought out, begging and/or dying gasps. Gets particularly short-tempered with 'funny' people.

Inquisitor - Human Female, Sorcerer, Dark Side. An unapologetic ******e with a very warped sense of humor. Considers knock knock jokes ending in 'this lightsaber' to be the highest form of wit. Willing to consider pragmatic solutions if they do not completely rule out electrocuting people.

Bounty Hunter - Human Male, Powertech, Neutral by choice Dark Side by neccesity. Has a deep-seated hatred for all Sith. Uninterested in moral dillemas. Always goes with the highest payment. Cruelties and miracles cost extra.

Imperial Agent - Human Female, Sniper, Neutral leaning Light Side. Tends to compartmentalize a lot. Is acutely aware about herself being an expendable asset. Will try to help imperials solely for the sake of profiting the Empire as a whole.

Knight - Miralukan Male, Guardian, Light Side. Staunch believer in the Jedi Code after getting burned (figuratively) for not following it. A little stubborn and quick-tempered with good intentions.

Consular - Mirialan Female, Sage, Light Side 1. Very badly wants to believe in the Jedi Code but has been troubled after witnessing the pure malice on her journey. A tad of a doormat in conversations.

Smuggler - Human Male, Scoundrel, Dark Side. Complete misanthropist. Snide and openly patronizing. Loves to overcharge. Would much rather spend time with droids towards whom he is rather nice, downright caring from time to time.

Never played Trooper past LvL 10 because I tend to fall asleep beforehand.

Headcanon, of course.

Only played up to BH so far, but I'll offer my input:

SW: Female Zabrak, DS > LS (after Oasis mission) [Republic Saboteur]

This one hasn't changed much since the first time I played it several years ago (with the exception of the saboteur role added in). I still find this set to be the most appealing for me because she's this bada** female warrior breaking the chain from both the Empire and her Sith masters. Zabraks, particularly the red-skinned kind, are also known to be tribalistic and violent warriors (though probably not as violent in their culture as Rattataki), so her redemption arc over to the LS feels the most satisfying so far.

JC: Female Miraluka, LS

If I had the chance to replay my JC, I would play her as a LS martyr instead of being a DS one. JC is most ideal as a LS diplomat willing to lend her wisdom and strength for the good of the galaxy. And a blind seer like a Miraluka is even more fitting.

Mirialan is also a good choice too for obvious reasons. The SWtoR wiki itself even describes them as perfect JCs, being the wisest in the galaxy.

BH: Female Togruta, LS

Speaks for itself if you know the bare minimum about Togruta as a species; their culture is that of hunters taking down large beasts. Plus, Togruta is perfect for an honorable Mandalorian BH. I'm currently playing a DS Rattataki BH however just for the fun of it; ideally, it would be a LS Togruta for me.

Trooper: Female Human, LS

Jennifer Hale is the main reason for doing this. It's like Femshep all over again. Also, a class as generic as a Trooper, I just can't see other alien races spicing it up, so it should be left to a generic race like human.

JK: Female Cathar, LS

The fierce lionness heroine to the rescue. Cathars as a cat-species is pretty fitting for the heroic class of JKs. Kinda like how the motif for the courageous Gryffindors is a lion.

Haven't really figured out the other classes yet. Will update as I finish the other class stories.

Sometimes you cannot go by NPC conversation. There are some errors in the script.

Example:

While on Hoth, my Sith Warrior is told by a Talz Sergeant, "You chose the wrong side, human..."

My Sith Warrior in this case was a Sith Pureblood, as red as they come. :D