The Official Weapon Wishlist Thread

This thread is to show the team at BioWare what kinds of new weapons the community would like to see added through the cartel market.

To start off, here are some weapons that I would love to be added via the Cartel Market:

• "Submachine gun" style pistol.
  • Blaster pistol reminiscent of Kyle Katarn's Bryar Pistol.
  • Compact-looking yet not skeletal assault cannon. Could have a version with effects from Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle.
  • Slugthrower pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, and assault cannon with unique firing effects.
  • Plasma pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, and assault cannon with unique firing effects.
  • Railgun pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, and assault cannon with unique firing effects.
  • Curved hilt lightsaber.
  • Double-bladed lightsaber with effect from Ziost Guardian's Lightsaber.
  • X-115 Heavy Sonic Carbine with colors and effects of Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle.
  • A-212 Battle Pistol with colors and effects of Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle.

The strange thing about assault cannons is there are and have been plenty of pretty great, compact looking cannon designs ingame since launch, but they're squandered on low level greens and completely unavailable in custom form. The Balmorran Chain Blaster, for example. I'd love a custom version of some of those.

On another note, a thread I made earlier regarding a rifle I'd like to see.

Edited by Bleeters

The strange thing about assault cannons is there are and have been plenty of pretty great, compact looking cannon designs ingame since launch, but they're squandered on low level greens and completely unavailable in custom form. The Balmorran Chain Blaster, for example. I'd love a custom version of some of those.

This is precisely why I included a compact assault cannon in my own list. Almost all of the compact ones in the game aren't custom. It'd also be a great opportunity to have one with an effect added, as well.

1. More pistols with laser sights

2. More Lightsabers with Iconic parts from the movies(like how the derelict lightsaber looks like Obi'wans and Luke's first one put together)

3. More Sniper Rifles with Laser Sights

I have to admit, I like the designs with the laser sights, as well as the ones with the holographic displays. I'd like to see more of that.

My request for a bryar pistol like weapon is similar to your second one there, but for pistols. Something akin to things from elsewhere in the series, but in a way that fits in the game.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

One thing that I would consider for this weapons wishlist, is much like the dyes are available for armors, would it be possible to add an 'effects' dye slot to the weapons? Could be out of programming range, but perhaps as suggested above, someone wanted the effect from the Ziost Guardian's Saber available on another. Could you just create an 'Electrify' "dye" mod for sabers? Or 'laser sight' for guns/rifles, etc.? Or 'concentrated beam' for the Death Star effect to the cannons? Just a thought. Would open up a world of customization for weapons.

One thing that I would consider for this weapons wishlist, is much like the dyes are available for armors, would it be possible to add an 'effects' dye slot to the weapons? Could be out of programming range, but perhaps as suggested above, someone wanted the effect from the Ziost Guardian's Saber available on another. Could you just create an 'Electrify' "dye" mod for sabers? Or 'laser sight' for guns/rifles, etc.? Or 'concentrated beam' for the Death Star effect to the cannons? Just a thought. Would open up a world of customization for weapons.

I've actually had an idea for that before; a power cell/focus crystal slot.

It would carry the special effect present on a weapon (if any), which could then be moved to any other applicable weapon, such as from a pistol to a rifle or from a double-bladed lightsaber to a techblade.

While I think effects should be able to be swapped between ranged weapons or melee weapons, I don't think it would work too well to have effects interchangeable between melee and ranged weapons, however.

On a note more related to the thread, I would love to be more weapons with a Mass Effect kind of feel to them, like with the models used for the Red Reaper Sniper Rifle and Legionnaire Annihilator's MK-2 Blaster Rifle.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Yes, that is correct!

Thought so. I'm sure I've seen the trimmed-down model in-game, but it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on the site I'm using. It may still be an NPC only thing, but would be great to have. Could make for a great carbine.

On another note, I'd love to see a usable version of those Sith War Blades seen in the tombs on Korriban. That thing actually looks really good.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

On another note, I'd love to see a usable version of those Sith War Blades seen in the tombs on Korriban. That thing actually looks really good.

The one you collect as part of the Warrior quests there? Yeah, that thing was pretty cool.

As far as adding effects to weapons goes, the rifle model used by the S-311 Fusion Saboteur, in addition to being one of my favourites, has something under the scope that looks perfectly suited to having a laser pointer effect added on. It looks like that's what it's meant to be anyway.

And since sound effects are being brought up, two years on and I'm still waiting for an assault cannon that sounds

Edited by Bleeters

Thought so. I'm sure I've seen the trimmed-down model in-game, but it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere on the site I'm using. It may still be an NPC only thing, but would be great to have. Could make for a great carbine.

Yeah, now that you mention it I do believe I've seen it too, I've forgotten the name, but it was probably a Premium tier weapon. I suggested the B-306 Bantha Disruptor sound effect because it's a typical Star Wars-y 'pew pew' sound.

IMO the gatling assault cannon that spins needed to be more epic looking. They should have brought a sound effect with it upon equipping it. I would have love to see this assault cannon with the sound effect that was used in the cinematic alderaan.

I guess EA can never think outside of the box.

Curved hilt lightsaber (Like the one Dooku has)

Scopeless revolvers with laser sights

More varieties of pistols that look like sawed-off shotguns. The Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine is one of my favorite items. I'd love to see more weapons along those lines.

More rotating chainguns for Vanguards.

More techstaff and techblade variations. Skadge and Torian are pretty limited in weapon selection at the moment. Some kind of warhammer might be cool for techblades.

More axes for the vibrosword category.

Blaster rifles that look like SMGs. It would make a lot of sense for an Operative.

Curved hilt lightsaber (Like the one Dooku has)

Scopeless revolvers with laser sights

More varieties of pistols that look like sawed-off shotguns. The Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine is one of my favorite items. I'd love to see more weapons along those lines.

More rotating chainguns for Vanguards.

More techstaff and techblade variations. Skadge and Torian are pretty limited in weapon selection at the moment. Some kind of warhammer might be cool for techblades.

More axes for the vibrosword category.

Blaster rifles that look like SMGs. It would make a lot of sense for an Operative.

I agree with a lot of those. Definitely seconded on the SMG Blaster Rifle.

I'd also like to see:

• A version of the K-116 Huntsman Blaster which can be used in either hand. Also has potential for an effect.
  • K-406 Combat Ripper model. Would also make for a fantastic blaster rifle without the extended barrel.
  • Collapsible blaster rifles, sniper rifles, assault cannons, and pistols. Could also include shotguns if given display options.
  • A vibroblade more like in KotOR. Would likely come with a double-bladed variant.
  • Shotguns + shotgun weapon preview and holstered display.
  • Flechette weaponry; pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, assault cannon. Could also work for shotguns if given display options.

K-406 Combat Ripper model. Would also make for a fantastic blaster rifle without the extended barrel.

Agreed! And if one wants a full-length blaster rifle, the long sniper rifle barrel could be replaced with the barrel on the Republic Command Carbine.

what i would like to see, actually, would be to have weapons with actual names, like they did with the old Tionese/Columi weapons. i remember a lightsaber named Justice, and a pistol named Blackhand. stuff like that.

i would also like to see some more variety with vibroswords, techblades, and electrostaves. current selection is kinda lacking.

Weapons with different firing effects, such as the cannon blasts shot by the Dreadnaught Battledroids in the Esseles Flashpoint. Could make for a good plasma blaster bolt.

The M-305 Rancor-X Enforcer pistol has a great, compact model which I would love to see made available through the Cartel Market. Feel free to change the colors/pattern, though.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra