Master Dacrons after update 6.0

JACKERTAKY

What will happen to master dacrons after the 6.0 update, as its meant to be changing the gear system and upping the level cap so does that mean using MD's after the update won't work or will it carry on like normal?

Nobody knows yet. For sure they will do something with / to it, but it's by no means clear what.

Nobody knows yet. For sure they will do something with / to it, but it's by no means clear what.

Well I've got 6 more toons to make and use the MD on them, so gusse I should do all that before 6.0 comes out then right?

Well I've got 6 more toons to make and use the MD on them, so gusse I should do all that before 6.0 comes out then right?

I suspect they'll remain the same, for a time. Eventually, they'll probably confer the new max level, but not right out of the gate in September.

When the Level-75 MDs hit, I doubt the old ones will be retroactive, because that'd be too pro-consumer.

• Dev Post

Hey there,

So there are two things that have level boost components I can cover, the Outlander token and the Master's Datacron. Before I jump into it, just know that this is the current plan and is subject to change.

• Outlander Token - Currently, you can use this token to create a brand new character to either be level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or level 65 at the start of KOTET. In Onslaught, the functionality of the token will partially change. You will now be able to create a new character at level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or at level 70 at the start of Ossus.
  • Master's Datacron - In short, nothing is going to change about the Master's Datacron at the launch of Onslaught. At some point in the future we may add a level 75 version of the Datacron, but nothing is planned near the launch of the expansion.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey there,

So there are two things that have level boost components I can cover, the Outlander token and the Master's Datacron. Before I jump into it, just know that this is the current plan and is subject to change.

• Outlander Token - Currently, you can use this token to create a brand new character to either be level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or level 65 at the start of KOTET. In Onslaught, the functionality of the token will partially change. You will now be able to create a new character at level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or at level 70 at the start of Ossus.
  • Master's Datacron - In short, nothing is going to change about the Master's Datacron at the launch of Onslaught. At some point in the future we may add a level 75 version of the Datacron, but nothing is planned near the launch of the expansion.

Thanks!

-eric

Hmmmm

[/scratches head]

There's actually a couple things I like about this..

1. The OPTION of choosing what level or point in time for the new character (pre KotFE or OSSUS )

2. And the master's datacron is OK for now as well.

OH ... I might ask this. I have been saving one of the "free Character Boosts" for several years now (to level 70). Will I still get one more?

I'm kind of hoping yes. That gives me 2 of the 3... And yes I kind of have a little plan I'm looking at that goes hand in hand with 6.0

Hey there,

Thanks!

-eric

Why not make the Masters Datacron give you a full set of 252 ?

Because a full set of 230 will be enough for the beginning of Onslaught.

agreed...

And IMO the Master Datacron really isn't about gear. Which also makes sense !

I'm just hoping that since I already have available a quantity of 1 (one) , create a character with a boost to 65 (either KotFE or option to ET) that there may be another one coming down the pipe.

I guess I'm trying to clarify if that means one more additional boosted character ... OR if the one that I've been saving back for years now ... simply has another option to the list:

1. Standard Character begin level 1

2. Boosted Character to level 65 KotFE

3. Boosted Character to level 65 KoET

4. New Option .. Boosted Character to level 70 and begin at Ossus.

Edited by OlBuzzard

Because a full set of 230 will be enough for the beginning of Onslaught.

Considering that they give a full box of 236 gear for Ossus, I wouldn't be too sure of that. But I'd also guess that they will do exactly the same and give everyone another gear box if their gear rating is too low upon starting 6.0.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

agreed...

And IMO the Master Datacron really isn't about gear. Which also makes sense !

I'm just hoping that since I already have available a quantity of 1 (one) , create a character with a boost to 65 (either KotFE or option to ET) that there may be another one coming down the pipe.

I guess I'm trying to clarify if that means one more additional boosted character ... OR if the one that I've been saving back for years now ... simply has another option to the list:

1. Standard Character begin level 1

2. Boosted Character to level 65 KotFE

3. Boosted Character to level 65 KoET

4. New Option .. Boosted Character to level 70 and begin at Ossus.

From what Eric said it sounds as though the option to start at KOTET at level 65 is being removed in favor of the 70 to start on Ossus. In that case you still have three different choices:

1. Create a level 70,l auto-complete previous content and begin at Ossus (replaces level 65 KOTET token)

2. Use the Master's Datacron to boost character to 70, but start wherever you wish, even if that means taking them through the entire class story and all the expacs.

3. Create a level 60 and start at KOTFE

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

From what Eric said it sounds as though the option to start at KOTET at level 65 is being removed in favor of the 70 to start on Ossus. In that case you still have three different choices:

1. Create a level 70,l auto-complete previous content and begin at Ossus (replaces level 65 KOTET token)

2. Use the Master's Datacron to boost character to 70, but start wherever you wish, even if that means taking them through the entire class story and all the expacs.

3. Create a level 60 and start at KOTFE

I just re-read that... and I believe you are right on that point. But.. is there another token being given for that character creation ... or just simply making changes to that option for those who happen to have one.

Hmmm come to think of it.. are those tokens still available through the CM ? That could be it ! A player might be able to purchase that token... and here is how it now works.

I'll have to fire up the game later and take a look !

Considering that they give a full box of 236 gear for Ossus, I wouldn't be too sure of that. But I'd also guess that they will do exactly the same and give everyone another gear box if their gear rating is too low upon starting 6.0.

The box of Ossus gear is 232-green. (Or it was the last time I started Ossus.)

I just re-read that... and I believe you are right on that point. But.. is there another token being given for that character creation ... or just simply making changes to that option for those who happen to have one.

Hmmm come to think of it.. are those tokens still available through the CM ? That could be it ! A player might be able to purchase that token... and here is how it now works.

I'll have to fire up the game later and take a look !

As Eric said they are making changes to the functionality of the existing tokens.

As Eric said they are making changes to the functionality of the existing tokens.

AH !! Which brings me full circle to the one question that I'm concerned about .. the use of the one token I have right now. As long as they let me know ahead of launch what their decision is ... I'm good with it. I just need to know whether to burn that one token that I've been saving (literally for years now) or to save it. I really do have a specific plan for that token ... IF I can hang on to it!

If not... that's cool too !

I could have sworn it was 236, but the point remains that if 232 is the bare minimum for Ossus it's unlikely that 230 will be acceptable for the next expac.

As-it-comes 230-purple works just fine on Ossus. (And may actually work better than the green 232s because of the set bonus and the purple-tier stat balance.)

And no set bonus so only the left side is any use if you have used a Master's Datacron.

If you don't mind shelling the credits, you get some benefit from pulling the enhancements from the 232 pieces and putting them in your 230s. Not much, admittedly, but not zero either. (The mods have a letter suffix, so probably not a good idea.)

I don't know what you ppl are playing, but 208 gear works fine on Ossus. unless maybe you're talking about Queen?

I suppose if you want to start the Onslaught story in VM or higher in 208s, you'd be frelled, but otherwise?

I feel I must be missing something.