Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really????? :(

Nice to see pro-active action taken against exploiters. so yes, really.

Will you suspend the double xp event?

EA isn't liable to cover any lost time on events due to something like this, it is there in the agreement you signed. if EA are kind they could add a day or two, but that depends on them.

Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric

Sounds good to me, see ya in an hour. ;)

Hey everyone,

-eric

So what's the exploit that has to be addressed? And why are the GTN sales being ended prematurely? C'mon man, need more info, need.....more......info......

EA isn't liable to cover any lost time on events due to something like this, it is there in the agreement you signed. if EA are kind they could add a day or two, but that depends on them.

Exactamundo! :o:rak_03:

Hey everyone,

-eric

How on earth do people even discover exploits? Sent DM as I think I may have been a victim :(

Edited by Sarova

As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired.

hmm, just checking here...

Will there be any rollback too? Reason i ask is: when i logged in about an hour ago, i had made a sale 2 hours ago and accepted the in-game MAIL w/ credits obviously.

I then proceeded to buy a few items (flagship encryptions) from the GTN, of which all those mails were opened and items taken. (as of about 20 min. ago)

./fingers-crossed lol

• Dev Post
hmm, just checking here...

Will there be any rollback too? Reason i ask is: when i logged in about an hour ago, i had made a sale 2 hours ago and accepted the in-game MAIL w/ credits obviously.

I then proceeded to buy a few items (flagship encryptions) from the GTN, of which all those mails were opened and items taken. (as of about 20 min. ago)

./fingers-crossed lol

No rollback! Basically, we are just going to expire any existing auction, anything that happened prior to that point should be untouched.

-eric

This. The service agreement can, from their point of view, be summed up best in one word: "Meh".

(Yes, I know that MMORPG operators do strive to do better than that, but from a legal-recourse point of view, "Meh" is the best we can get.)

Thanks for the referral link, finally one that works. :)

How on earth do people even discover exploits? Sent DM as I think I may have been a victim :(

Metrics, communications between players in games (even PM's can be viewed), and any other data there was and how well the exploit is known to EA after releasing the patch.

They have all that data in hand quite clearly based on this and previous exploits.