Really, (can't stress enough) dislike the Interface Dropdown.

Strathkin

I'd really PREFER the old Interface back, please this (new) one is not well thought out!

Before you could just click, now you forever having to drop down, and click--takes twice the effort to change! While each skill was slightly larger in size; I'm FINE with the smaller size, just don't like the Drop-Down approach.

Please list all categories like you had before:

1. Fine, group abilities of Class & Combat Style together, or based on Jedi Knight & Combat Style seperate.
  2. Legacy
  3. General
  4. Guild
  5. Pets
  6. Vehicles
  7. Companion
  8. Etc...

https://i.imgur.com/Vq1gaqL.png

Recognize the skill boxes (space) is smaller, and it replaces Melee/Passive/Active with Level #; that's also just fine.

Still it's good to know which skills are passive, so people don't try to drag and drop those abilities. People will want them identified by a different color, or something to indicate Passive; so they can read and know how to best use each of them. :)

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

Before you could just click, now you forever having to down down and click takes twice the effort to change! While each skill was slightly larger in size; I'm FINE with the smaller size, just don't like the Drop-Down approach.

This alone is a pretty bad change I agree. Doubling the time it takes to use an interface goes completely against everything I've learned about user experience design. You want the process to be as simple and quick and engaging as possible. The dropdown menu not only takes twice as long to navigate - more than that actually - but it also hides its contents which leaves newer users guessing where they are supposed to find their abilities or vehicles etc.

This really is unnecessary and realistically we would all have likely been fine if the current window on live was just added in its entirety to the new one. I get why it's being done, to reduce the large number of ui components (and we don't even know details about what the ui updates are going to be next year), but this has gone just a bit too far.

I never mentioned you can't even see any skills, until you select the drop down. Good catch, still mostly very sad... :(

Constructive Part:

I don't mind they made each skill show or use less space, that is FINE. I also don't mind they replaced Melee/Passive/etc... with Level, yet still like something to identify passive abilities make them appear a different color or something, as people want to identify passives. Mostly so people know what they are, and how to use them best, if required!

Yet please, mostly go back to the Old wider Interface and tweak or enhance it!

https://i.imgur.com/Vq1gaqL.png

You'll be thanking yourself a lot, if you did that a lot! :cool:

Mostly give this new Interface a two thumbs down!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar