Another combat style / loadout question...

Floplag

So, i have this crazy idea that i could be able to dps, tank, and heal, all from one character, if this is correct. So as you read thru this wherever im mistaken, let me know...

I know we dont know a lot yet, but this occurred to me so i thought id check for clarity.

So lets say i roll a Merc, i gain access to its there spec options... then, for my next combat style, i chose PT, i gain three more... for a total of 6 spec options in some combination. So i could have a dps loadout, a healer loadout, and a tank loadout, all from one toon.

Does this sound right?

So, i have this crazy idea that i could be able to dps, tank, and heal, all from one character, if this is correct. So as you read thru this wherever im mistaken, let me know...

I know we dont know a lot yet, but this occurred to me so i thought id check for clarity.

So lets say i roll a Merc, i gain access to its there spec options... then, for my next combat style, i chose PT, i gain three more... for a total of 6 spec options in some combination. So i could have a dps loadout, a healer loadout, and a tank loadout, all from one toon.

Does this sound right?

It does sound right.

This is absolutely correct. You can pick both a Mercenary and Powertech for your two combat styles which gives access to all three disciplines from each - allowing you to play a tank, healer and damage dealer.

For the amount of loadouts, it has been confirmed that the current plan is to have 4-5 loadouts depending on whether you are subbed or not. What we don't know is exactly how many each type of player gets. The current assumption being subbed players will have 5, preferred may have 4, f2p will have 4 or lower.

From a follow up by Max and Sema, who approached the devs for a few clarifications after their interview with Chris Schmidt:

1) Combat Styles will be limited to up to 2 permanent choices. These are equivalent to advanced classes today. Limiting to two provides a reduction in complexity per character, lower impact on server resources, and makes alts and playing other class stories still valuable.

2) Loadouts are related to but not limited by combat styles and you will have more loadouts than combat styles potentially up to 4-5 depending on current design goal, subscriber levels, etc. So yes, you will be able to switch between DPS, Heal and your PvP loadout. Loadouts are not permanent.

3) Light/Dark requirement for cross faction Combat Styles will be limited only for new players to provide a new lore/canon experience that makes a bit more sense. Once you hit Dark 5, for example, that legacy achievement then allows you to pick up Sorc Combat Style on any Jedi from then on whenever you want.

Please remember that you will not be able to change Combat Styles (and therefore the associated Loadouts) within a phase. No changing Combat Styles inside an FP or an Op or even Heroic mission phases. Possibly not even in your Strongholds. You will be able to change Loadouts within phases so long as they are all confined to a single Combat Style. Edited by mike_carton