Guardian Tanks get massive nerf, Shadows get buffed?

HamadKyron

Am I missing something here? It doesn't look like Shadow Tanks have lost anything important, and they're also getting a buff to their Kinetic Ward. Meanwhile, Guardian has lost at least 2 important DCDs, and almost all of their new passives relate to the damage they do, only one makes them even a little bit tankier. Why are we doing this? Shadows are already the preferred class for almost every NiM boss because of how potent their DCDs are for resisting certain mechanics, and now we're making them stronger while nerfing the alternative? (And no, PT isn't really an alternative when we have mechanics like Contagion that they can't cleanse, it's not worth the effort) Edited by HamadKyron

I've heard the same about Republic Tanks, though I haven't had time to check them out myself yet.

One friend made the comment, "if you're playing Tank you're not going to be picking the one ATTACK skill at level 20" and then added, "you're going to pick the pathetic defense skill that does almost nothing".

I typically don't TANK though, so I need to spend some time exploring this... ...still most of what I've heard the last little while, is many class / combat styles, loose far more than they gain!

I'd rather stay 6.3 than go 7.0 myself, unless they make some serious revisions to a # of things. :(:o

*sigh*

Edited by Strathkin

Am I missing something here? It doesn't look like Shadow Tanks have lost anything important, and they're also getting a buff to their Kinetic Ward. Meanwhile, Guardian has lost at least 2 important DCDs, and almost all of their new passives relate to the damage they do, only one makes them even a little bit tankier. Why are we doing this? Shadows are already the preferred class for almost every NiM boss because of how potent their DCDs are for resisting certain mechanics, and now we're making them stronger while nerfing the alternative? (And no, PT isn't really an alternative when we have mechanics like Contagion that they can't cleanse, it's not worth the effort)

This...

I can't believe they are butchering guardian/jugg tanks so badly, and buff shadow/sin tanks even more? Either they don't like guardians/juggs, or they've never played them, because nothing else explains this insanity.

At least give us a terminal where we can reroll our existing guardians/juggs to shadows and sins, since guardians and juggs are no longer viable classes after 7.0.

This...

I can't believe they are butchering guardian/jugg tanks so badly, and buff shadow/sin tanks even more? Either they don't like guardians/juggs, or they've never played them, because nothing else explains this insanity.

At least give us a terminal where we can reroll our existing guardians/juggs to shadows and sins, since guardians and juggs are no longer viable classes after 7.0.

Yea rather sad, I don't have one myself. But certainly won't be creating one in 7.0 either. They are going to see everyone switch them to more damage and even then most not play them; like it's NOT hard enough already, to find a good tank!

Truly very sad... :(

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar