Please remove these abilities from sentinel instead

Nathan_Hanefort

If you think that we have too many abilities to hit, why not remove the least used ones? Like Inspiration (no one uses in PVP or solo), leg slash (no one uses in PVE or solo PVE), valarous call (not mandatory at all, long CD), force clarity or blade storm (both are meh). Why are trying to hit players into the most sensitive spots like major defensives? We die like flies in PVP already.

As I made note of in this thread , Sentinels could absolutely do with gaining back several abilities (unless there are secret abilities that haven't yet been added in).

I was really surprised to see that Inspiration, Valorous call, Force Clarity and Leg Slash were even still in the game considering Operatives lost their raid buff and Guardians completely lost Force Clarity. All of these abilities could have been pruned or placed into the ABC Ability Tree instead of things such as Force Camouflage and Transcendence. Sentinels shouldn't gain every defensive and utility ability back, that'd go against the point of pruning. But they should have more than what they currently do imo.

If you think that we have too many abilities to hit, why not remove the least used ones? Like Inspiration (no one uses in PVP or solo), leg slash (no one uses in PVE or solo PVE), valarous call (not mandatory at all, long CD), force clarity or blade storm (both are meh). Why are trying to hit players into the most sensitive spots like major defensives? We die like flies in PVP already.

Yea I certainly AGREE with this, I mean they are taking away the ONES WE LOVE.

And for what, all so we can switch from two handed Saber, instead to single (we could already do that as sentinel) - yet sure we can gain dual saber. Yet I'm really upset they are taking far more, than what we are gaining from this with 7.0 here.

*sigh* :(

I notice the only thing you talk about is pvp and pve solo play. What about group play (flashpoints/operations) do you have any idea what it could do to those individuals that participate in those activities?

Yes - it wount have meaningful impact on group pve side. Yea, you will do less dmg, boss killing will take 5 mins longer, so what? Dont forget that some dmg skill will become stronger, like getting additio al dot or something like that. While forcing you to choose between guarded by the force and force camo will literaly gimp the class in PVP, because its two most important skills for snetinel in 4 vs 4.

I know it is a controversial opinion, but I do support the effort to try and consolidate and prune some of the ability bloat in the game currently.

HOWEVER, I agree that they have messed up the implementation on Sentinels, which is made very obvious by looking at the state of the revamps done to Assassins and Sorcerors. Sorcs and Sins seem to have lost very little and some specs seem to have actually gotten better.

I hope that they walk back some of the pruning on Sentinels, if only to keep the classes more in line with each other.

Some ideas: Transcendence should be baseline, Stasis should take its place in the tree. Camo should be baseline and either Awe or Obfuscate should take its place in the tree. Those two changes would put the class back in line with what they did with Sorcs and Sins.

Pruning abilities you never click isn't pruning anything.

It removes button bloat, but it doesn't prune things. Consolidating duplicate abilities is better (Instead of having an ability that generates 1 resource and a short-cooldown ability that generates 4 resource, remove the 4 resource and buff the other to 2 resource generation, for example)

I hope how you can see that removing abilities that you never use anyways isn't going to net real changes, except button bloat. While they should get rid of them, there is still a lot of actual pruning to do in this game.