Galactic Seasons - Season 2 Updates

DavidStaats

Additionally if you're acknowledging valuable customers, where's the objective "spend x Cartel Coins this week"?

Or for the completionist:

"Clear all mobs from this FP/Heroic area/Op"?

Or

"Find all the datacrons/Lore objects on x planets"?

The kinds of soloable options that encourage players to experience all the effort put into the design of the game.

All of these are horrible ideas.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way these new weekly objectives are set up, having them differ in point value is a bad idea. What happens if a player, for instance, does some of the solo ones first but then just happens to participate in and do the weeklies for the MP stuff after they've already hit their 7 weeklies? Do they get the increased points or did doing the solo ones beforehand lock them out of the higher point gains of the MP ones?

Once 7 weeklies are done, the remaining weekly objectives become unavailable. So, sounds like one has to plan out what they're doing and not doing. Players do this already with Conquest (what objectives to do when and on which character) (*), and GS activities and rewards. A little planning goes a long way.

(*) If you've already done 4 GSF matches on a Gunship across multiple characters, you might do the fifth on a different character (one that is not played much) to complete Conquest on that character with just one match.

Why should people who have "discovered" new fun also be given more points whilst those who did not find the forced play fun, and will continue to avoid it, be denied points? This would be clearly discriminatory policy and something to be condemned. Subscribers pay to play the game how they CHOOSE, CM spenders pay to enjoy what they CHOOSE to pay extra for. The conceit of the game devs to insist that you have to play a combination of the EXISTING content that everyone has tried and each has possibly deemed less fun for their own highly valid reasons is akin to a parent only playing with their child if the child loses every game they play.

^^This.

Instead of adding new content, we are being coerced into repeating old content over and over again, and to make it even worse we are being coerced to do the content we already tried years ago and decided not to play it because we didn't like it. I do find it funny tho that there are kids telling how amazing it is to have people being forced into their favorite content (I guess they ran out of friends to play with), and how they seriously imagine that if they like it, everyone else should like it too, or that those who don't like it are wrong. I mean it's one thing to be arrogant, but another thing to be arrogant AND clueless. Because we all know that personal likes and dislikes are facts, right? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I forgot who posted this suggestion, but someone did earlier or later in this thread:

Just add the GS points either to conquest objectives or gaining xp/renown/whatever the new term will be. That way everyone would get GS points by playing the content they want to play, even the old stuff they've done million times already but choose to repeat it because they like it instead of hating every minute of their playtime. With that system those who play more, get more points or get them faster, and no-one will be forced to do anything they don't like. Happy players are less toxic than unhappy players.

Additionally if you're acknowledging valuable customers, where's the objective "spend x Cartel Coins this week"?

Or for the completionist:

"Clear all mobs from this FP/Heroic area/Op"?

Or

"Find all the datacrons/Lore objects on x planets"?

The kinds of soloable options that encourage players to experience all the effort put into the design of the game.

Not sure if you are serious or sarcastic with the suggestion (cartel coin bit sounds like sarcasm, and it made me chuckle), but either way the last one is a really bad idea. We already have conquest objectives that can't be done by people who've completed reputation ranks, unlocked all strongholds, maxxed their renown etc. Every PO should be available for everyone, not just for those who have played less. There is no reason to penalize veteran players even more. And tbh, the conquest objectives that are blocked from veterans should be fixed too.

Don't know if this has been asked, but how are the 10 weeklies going to run.

Will they be one weekly for each type of activity , or will you have multiple weeklies for the same activities

As it stands, in season 1, I get two weeklies done, by pvp/gsf, and then dailies, the same, or kill x on home/capitol planets. But from what is being said, you have to do 7 of the 10 weeklies, does this mean, I'll have to do 5 different weeklies, like ops, heroics, etc.

Also, are you going to cater to crafters, or people who prefer to run just stories

I am going to add to the voices that do not want to see Galactic Seasons 2 require forced group content. Doing so clearly adds to the toxicity of player interactions in the game. I don't appreciate getting kicked out of instances on the grounds that my game play is not up to the level of others who feel that I am holding everyone back. Yes, I am probably not helping my team much, but I am putting in the effort and doing the best I know how to do.

I did not go into these instances because I wanted to be there. I did it because it was the only way to complete the Galactic Seasons mission and get the points. I joined this game for the story-telling aspect of the game. And the current release was advertised as "Play Your Way" which got me to subscribe again.

Yet Galactic Seasons is unambiguously "Play Our Way," and thus is very unfair to players who don't do a lot of group content. I have tried all types of group content and I am not going to any become significantly more skilled no matter how many times I do it and am appalled at the toxicity that is aimed in my direction from selfish and inconsiderate players.

However, I hold the developers primarily accountable for making such poor design decisions that force me to play with abusive people. Galactic Seasons 2 should be "Play Your Way" too. Particularly if I am paying the same as everyone else, Galactic Seasons rewards should not be withheld from people who do not want to subject themselves to such abuse.

• 2 weeks later...
I still think it's a better method to do like season 1, just let us chose from the list what we want to do from the 2 dailies and 2 weeklies. Honestly, the only thing that kept me from cancelling my sub this last few months was my starting to like GSF. I did the dailies and weeklies for GSF when I could and finished out the season playing 100% of GSF by the end of it. If I'm going to be forced into content I don't want to play this next season then I won't do it, period.

No thanks. DvL was fun (did it on 3 servers). This is a nightmare. I do not work a job, to pay for a 2nd job. Over 20,000 cartel coins and I cancelled my sub. SWtOR has deteriorated, focusing on cartel sales and minimal effort on content.

First of all let me state I am a 'casual player'. I also play during strange 'swing shift' style hours and my play can be interrupted (frequently) by other activities outside of game that take priority way above playing the game.

For Galactic Seasons 1 I have been playing doing the dailies as best I could on 2 mains (one per US server) and also barely playing it on the other three servers... mostly the ones on the other server are 'coasting' and earning their 8 points for connecting 4 days out of 7.

My two mains on the US servers I have tried my best to get as many points as I could. However, any time unranked warzones or GSF comes up for the PO, I try a reroll as if I drop into the queue for either of those, I am bound to get interrupted by my other obligations well before I get dropped into an instance. And in the few times I tried and DID get in, I had to step away and become an unintentional AFKer who served no purpose other than to provide someone to shoot at repeatedly and gank. Nevermind that I -hate- PVP with a passion, and that due to age and disability I am no match for almost ANY other player out there despite the fact I have been playing this game, and these characters almost from the launch of the game.

My best of the two mains got to level 80 in GS one as of tonight. I was 2 points away and had done the POs and there was no way I was going to finish the Weeklies in the remaining time even if I did not get interrupted by non-game activities. So I spent the Catch-Up to get it. That felt lame, to me. But I did it for the accomplishment.

Looking over the (possible) GS2 items presented, it looks like there may be a few more things I am going to be able to do as a player that prefers to play solo (more of schedule and time of day I play) and to play PVE content. I do wish that I was not doing the same thing over and over and over.... but seeing as these mains of mine have done ALL the PVE content they can... a number of times (including going through the 'chapters' multiple times) ... it is only when new PVE content comes out (or old Multi-Player PVE content becomes available in 'Story Mode' - which I would LOVE to see happen for the OLD Operations, btw, as I have only played a small number of them during rare times when I played at a more normal time of day) that I get some of the old feeling of love for the game.

Final Note: I have -lots- of alts. I have played through all the class stories, played DARK side on the light, LIGHT side on the dark. Kept an 'agent' in neutral alignment through very careful balancing of choices... I loved aspects of the light vs dark event. (I still use the leveling armor for some alts, for example). I keep doing alts, and I will likely KEEP doing them to toy with things like "what if I keep companion X from start to finish only using others when forced to by the story" or "can I ignore all the class companions when not forced and just use the Bodyguard? Or Pax?" or "Can I go through ALL of this Without a companion except when forced?"

So people in my guild are saying that the next GS won't start till Dec. Is this true?

From the first page of this thread:

You have all provided a ton of great feedback, both from our original PTS but also throughout this first Season. That feedback has helped us continue to shape and refine how Galactic Seasons looks and feels, and we would like to share that with you here before the next Season begins with the launch of “Legacy of the Sith”. Let’s dive in!

Put the important bit in bold. We are still going under the assumption that there are no delays and Legacy of the Sith will be released in December, thus Galactic Seasons 2 will start in December.

Or, you know, could've notified people IN GAME that it's not gonna happen, instead of a frikking countdown!

One of the very few new things that was awesome, yet you listened to .... on the forums and removed it ffs!

Edited by zzmyxazz

Ah man that's a long time to wait.

From the first page of this thread:

Put the important bit in bold. We are still going under the assumption that there are no delays and Legacy of the Sith will be released in December, thus Galactic Seasons 2 will start in December.

Ah man that's a long time to wait.

I can agree that it certainly would have been nice to have it start a bit earlier but "a long time" I dunno. Either way I'm not going to may a semantic argument with you there. I will say it would at least be nice for the Devs to consider starting it a bit before the 7.0 release. Say...after the Feast of prosperity event and DoubleXP somewhere in Nov (if not the beginning of) to tide alot of anxious players over until Dec's Legacy of the Sith is launched. A 2 month gap between Galactic Seasons is a bit much especially once players are are accustomed to it's existence...

Hear that Devs? Are your ears burning?

• 4 weeks later...
hopefully the new update starts earlier than December, because I don't want a major glitch to happen and then, have most of the developers or people that can fix problems off on their christmas vacation that starts about the 15th of december. and they will not be back til after Jan 1st Edited by Calwred
MORE INFO

• 2 weeks later...
hopefully the new update starts earlier than December, because I don't want a major glitch to happen and then, have most of the developers or people that can fix problems off on their christmas vacation that starts about the 15th of december. and they will not be back til after Jan 1st

Welcome to a rehash of 3.0 but even worse. :(

I called it in July when they announced it, no one believed me. IMO, they need to delay 7.0. Both for the players and devs sake.

And trust me, the amount of bugs incoming is going to be horrendous :eek::(

From class swapping being broken or removing things, loadouts not remembering where your skills are, GS objectives not updating or counting, gear being deleted because you clicked a loadout and it auto deletes a piece of gear because its not in the secondary loadout you set up (when its just supposed to go in your inventory)

The only bug I don't foresee is companions being deleted or their choice flags being deleted. I will be genuinely surprised if that happens. (Because with the new storyline, not many companions are associated with it. Could be wrong though, but the only companions I see being affected is Arccan, because of the choice to send him to Elom or not.)

I mean in 3.0 when they removed the skill tree, it screwed up GSF by removing ALL components and preventing the buying of new ones. Took them months to fix it. And with all 48 specs receiving "changes" AND being able to pick a secondary combat style (which btw you can only pick one AND its permanent, so choice wisely*) the cross breading of all of that coding will no doubt have a MASSIVE bug issue somewhere along the line.

* They will release a $20-30 (2000-3000CC (because 1000 CC = $10) combat swap or to add a 3rd spec token later on. (As is always. Design the problem, and sell the solution. Greed ruins EVERY game it infects. :( )

Edited by Lakemine

hopefully the new update starts earlier than December, because I don't want a major glitch to happen and then, have most of the developers or people that can fix problems off on their christmas vacation that starts about the 15th of december. and they will not be back til after Jan 1st

Based on how rough the new player experience I've tried out has been, I'm hoping they delay 7.0 a few months at least. This doesn't doesn't feel anywhere close to being finished enough to launch in little more than a month.

Would be swell to see a more detailed list of those weeklies soon!

Based on what I personally heard in-game, on these forums and in reddit, S1 was ultimately a huge success. Loads of people got lured to content they would not have touched otherwise. As a result, loads of people surprised themselves by really liking GSF or WZs, for example. I think most people reading this noticed a visible decrease in overall activity across all venues of the game as soon as S1 ended.

Imagine what a huge deal Season is for a player who discovers GSF or ground pvp(for example) thanks to it->Game literally expands for such folks. I really hope Seasons doesn't lose this aspect going forward. If GS stops encouraging and rewarding people from going off their usual path, it loses its relevancy imo.

Edited by Stradlin

• 1 month later...