Is an engineering sniper a dead spec for PVP?

Fellow-Canadian

I was really fond of engineering at the end of the 5.0 era but now in the 6.x era, I rarely see any snipers. Seems nobody is playing engineering either. I'm thinking about dusting off my alt for PVP but I'm wondering if there a reason why I don't see engineering spec in PVP?

Is it overshadowed by the damage from the other specs? Is the class just not as good anymore? If the spec plays relative to the power level it enjoyed in 5.x then I feel it should still be good in a good spot.

Looking for thoughts if I might be wasting my time here or not.

I was really fond of engineering at the end of the 5.0 era but now in the 6.x era, I rarely see any snipers. Seems nobody is playing engineering either. I'm thinking about dusting off my alt for PVP but I'm wondering if there a reason why I don't see engineering spec in PVP?

Is it overshadowed by the damage from the other specs? Is the class just not as good anymore? If the spec plays relative to the power level it enjoyed in 5.x then I feel it should still be good in a good spot.

Looking for thoughts if I might be wasting my time here or not.

i have seen sniper engineer in pvp and it is doing well, im about to play it my self in near time

already playing markman and virulence , and i enjoy playing different spec

i have seen sniper engineer in pvp and it is doing well, im about to play it my self in near time

already playing markman and virulence , and i enjoy playing different spec

Well I do see snipers, but I see noticeably less than I used to prior to 6.0. The one's I do see are all playing marksmanship in PVP and I almost never see engineering. I see virulence is the best parsing spec but never felt the spec was good to use versus competent pvpers.

Was your experience playing engineering similar to 5.x? Any better or worse?

Well I do see snipers, but I see noticeably less than I used to prior to 6.0. The one's I do see are all playing marksmanship in PVP and I almost never see engineering. I see virulence is the best parsing spec but never felt the spec was good to use versus competent pvpers.

Was your experience playing engineering similar to 5.x? Any better or worse?

From my exp, it's worse in 6.0 than it was in 5.x