Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

MagicTerror
11.16.2020 , 01:51 PM | #10001
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
And ok, the other Sentinel dies, he revives her, once the boss goes to get the third datacron guess what, dps is unable to kill the datacron. For the record while low geared she was doing well enough, should avoid AOEs more during the shield phase but wasn't doing too bad. I quit after boss recovers his health, and gains the damage buff. Sad as the tank was doing well other than the weird position in the last try, and the other DPS was doing well for a low geared player.
I had this problem with a MM Directive 7 flashpoint 2 days ago. I was a tank and we noted one of the dps had never done the flashpoint before and was not at max gear, not sure by how much but he at least had some of the gold set pieces that came out in Onslaught. It was clear from the comments that the 306 dps held some unspoken bitterness about running with the undergeared one, but kept going.

We got to the 3 shielding droids and naturally no one clued the new guy in about the method until halfway into the fight, I gently prompted the new one with a target mark above the unshielded droid but the other had an outburst of irritation to have him stop hitting the shield droid that prompted sub-dps to quit after the boss. I reminded 306 that the other was new and that he didn't have to be so rude, to which he responded that the guy shouldn't have tried this MM anyway without 306; at that point I decided to abandon this too. Wasn't exactly a ray-of-sunshine group.

I don't see players being undergeared as the problem with most fails, it's usually a problem that they're inexperienced on top of that and can't figure out how to optimize their dps in specific battles, which can be fixed without telling them not to come back until they grind to 306 from VMs. There are exceptions; if we were in Korriban 2nd boss instead of D7 the guy might have had a point, but we weren't so...

LD_Little_Dragon
11.16.2020 , 04:58 PM | #10002
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicTerror View Post
I had this problem with a MM Directive 7 flashpoint 2 days ago. I was a tank and we noted one of the dps had never done the flashpoint before and was not at max gear, not sure by how much but he at least had some of the gold set pieces that came out in Onslaught.

I don't see players being undergeared as the problem with most fails, it's usually a problem that they're inexperienced on top of that and can't figure out how to optimize their dps in specific battles, which can be fixed without telling them not to come back until they grind to 306 from VMs. There are exceptions; if we were in Korriban 2nd boss instead of D7 the guy might have had a point, but we weren't so...
Especially directive 7, I count that as one as an easy MM, not even a mid-tier difficulty one. Odds are the 306 geared player wasn't very good. You really only need one decent dps for that one.

I think players should at least do veteran mode before jumping into master, but then so many players ignore mechanics in vet now that they still won't know what the mechanic for MM are.

Basic 306 is easy enough to get in vet, but still, if a low gear pops into an easy one with minimal dps/heal checks (pretty much all pre-Shadow of Revan fp are easy), then it's usually not a problem.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy life.

DeannaVoyager
11.17.2020 , 12:47 AM | #10003
Veteran mode Foundry: 1 lvl 75 mara or jugg (didn't pay much attention), two people between lvl 50-70, myself on a lvl 40+ merc.

On first boss one dies to the first Molten Burst from boss. I can't revive as I don't have combat res yet, not that I would want to use it because they would surely die on the second one too if they don't know the mechanics. Second Molten Burst, and the lvl 75 in full 306 gear dies too. The two of us still alive finish the boss.
When boss is dead, the 75 angrily whispers me that I should have used kolto to heal him up. Yeah right... Not sure there is enough kolto in the whole flashpoint to keep him alive through stupid, but whatever. He rage quits. We get some lvl 60+ as replacements and finish the flashpoint easily, because everyone else seemed to know what they were doing.

JediQuaker
11.17.2020 , 11:43 AM | #10004
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
When boss is dead, the 75 angrily whispers me that I should have used kolto to heal him up.
You should have replied that he should have used kolto to heal himself up. 🙄

It's interesting that after all these years of Veteran mode, so many players still don't know how to use koltos.
So, once more:
The koltos in Veteran mode FPs give a large burst heal to the player that uses it and a smaller HoT to the rest of the group. They are designed to be used by the player who needs the health. They are not meant as a general 'heal' for the whole group**.
And, being a veteran FP, there is no specific need for a 'tank'. This means that even a tank (or someone who's 'playing' tank) should take care of their own health and not assume that someone else will play 'healer' for them. (There is no problem with 'breaking agro' in a vet fp - after all, most vet fps are done by 4 dps.)

** It's sad the number of times that I've been on my way to the kolto, to heal up, and some doofus clicks the kolto 'for me' before I get there, resulting in me dying from the next attack. 😏
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

FlameYOL
11.18.2020 , 08:53 AM | #10005
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicTerror View Post
We got to the 3 shielding droids and naturally no one clued the new guy in about the method until halfway into the fight, I gently prompted the new one with a target mark above the unshielded droid but the other had an outburst of irritation to have him stop hitting the shield droid that prompted sub-dps to quit after the boss. I reminded 306 that the other was new and that he didn't have to be so rude, to which he responded that the guy shouldn't have tried this MM anyway without 306; at that point I decided to abandon this too. Wasn't exactly a ray-of-sunshine group.

Yeah, I think directive 7 is a flashpoint where you can carry that DPS. Just explaining the mechanics, etc. That kind of behavior is just going to drive people away from doing activity, explain to them things, explain to them they should farm veteran first (because this is not something the game necessarily explains). If said person doesn't listen, then yes, kick them by all means, but if they're willing to listen we should explain things to them.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

jedimasterjac
11.18.2020 , 04:14 PM | #10006
Not exactly a "weird experience" but I've been incredibly frustrated by DPS (and even healers!) pulling ahead of me in MMFPs the past couple of days. It's usually not a huge problem but it's really driving me crazy right now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

Nero-Star
11.18.2020 , 06:47 PM | #10007
had a weird one tonight, athiss vet mode whilst i was on my merc practicing heals and some assassin was bugging me to heal him before we started the last boss.

now i dont mind doing it for building the stacks with kolto shot but just seemed odd he hadnt used his regen heal whilst i was stood explaining the tactic as i noticed one of the team was new to the game (low level barely any %'s done on acheives) what made it even stranger is the player asking for heals had legendary status

FlameYOL
11.19.2020 , 08:21 AM | #10008
Quote: Originally Posted by Nero-Star View Post
had a weird one tonight, athiss vet mode whilst i was on my merc practicing heals and some assassin was bugging me to heal him before we started the last boss.

now i dont mind doing it for building the stacks with kolto shot but just seemed odd he hadnt used his regen heal whilst i was stood explaining the tactic as i noticed one of the team was new to the game (low level barely any %'s done on acheives) what made it even stranger is the player asking for heals had legendary status
Now that is odd indeed, I guess he was one of those people who think healers are always meant to heal you outside of combat.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

JediQuaker
11.19.2020 , 11:19 AM | #10009
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Now that is odd indeed, I guess he was one of those people who think healers are always meant to heal you outside of combat.
Or maybe he thinks all healers have HoTs to put on you before battle. 🤔
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

KumbayaGOD
11.19.2020 , 09:36 PM | #10010
i just met in flash point character with the name Weird people , so yes i met him
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE