Trooper with a Sniper?

CoraxTechnica

Directly copy pasting from the July 1 Legacy of the Sith announcement:

More Choices in How You Play

Introducing Combat Styles! Players can now separate their Class Story from gameplay style for an even greater customization experience. This frees up Advanced Class options as characters can choose any Advanced Class within the Tech or Force playstyle! Play as a Trooper wielding a Sniper Rifle, or a Sith Inquisitor with a lightsaber in each hand, or even secretly use Dark Side powers while posing as a member of the Jedi Order. Loadouts will increase your ability to customize, allowing you to swap between playstyles and gear with a click.

However, the current state of the PTS seems to suggest this is not going to actually be possible, that we are still going to be stuck with our same classes and class weapons, but get to choose a different story.

I have tried the exact example stated: a trooper with a sniper. Can't do it. It also doesn't even seem like you can pick your story. When I made a trooper, it was the trooper story.

So now I wonder what about the Jedi abilities? Since I have a dark side Sage, will I not be able to actually use Dark Side powers in secret?

A real answer to this from devs would be appreciated since it sounds like this was simply a lie at this point or at least a very poorly announced "maybe"

Edited by CoraxTechnica