Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
03.22.2021 , 12:08 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

With PTS now live, you can now help test our new Galactic Season! If you missed the announcement, a full breakdown of how the system works can be found here. As this is a robust system, we will be breaking down PTS testing and feedback gathering over the course of the next few weeks to test the functionality of the UI and rewards. Note that Cartel Coin purchases have been disabled to avoid anyone accidentally spending their live currency on a test server. Please don’t even attempt to spend your coins, as they will be lost if it succeeds!

This first PTS update will focus on the natural leveling experience:

Players will begin at Reward Level 0 and make progress through the system naturally by completing daily and weekly objectives. You will not be able to purchase any catch-up levels by spending credits during the first week, and will only be able to progress by doing Objectives.

The new Galactic Season vendor will be live on the Fleets, however until you earn any Galactic Season tokens, you won’t be able to purchase anything from him. His selection varies weekly though, so feel free to check him out each week!

To use the system:
Open the “Login Rewards” window (the checkbox in the upper-left of your screen), and you’ll see the new “Galactic Seasons” tab at the top! Your primary activities are the “Daily” and “Weekly” objectives in the upper-right of the window. Clicking these will pop you over to the Conquests window, where you’ll find “Priority (P0)” objectives that grant Galactic Seasons points. This is the primary way to gain progress in the season, and will point players to different locations daily/weekly.

Please answer the following questions:
  • Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
  • Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
  • In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
  • How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
  • What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
Future PTS builds will allow you to test out the ‘catch-up’ system so that you can purchase levels, and we’ll eventually turn on the credit boosters on PTS so that you can grab infinite credits to test out all 100 levels.

When we have a new PTS build with new changes, I will be posting another thread to gather all of your feedback. For this week, please answer the questions above and provide any other feedback, bugs, etc… here.

Thank you!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RikuvonDrake
03.22.2021 , 01:16 PM | #2
How do I enable PTS using the steam launcher, please send help

edit: found it, gotta go to game page and install it as a separate game

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Nemurytorul
03.22.2021 , 01:37 PM | #3
Hello,
When we will be able to get last 2 titles and achievments from pts for : [The First Line of Defense] [The Cutting Edge] ?
Not so long ago devs said that we will be able on future pts builds for completing act 1 on a new character and lvl 10 for a new character.

Thank you.

Screaming_Ziva
03.22.2021 , 04:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

• Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
I actually missed the tab when I clicked on my login rewards. If I didn't read your post here, it would have taken me a while to find them.

• Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
Yes. But I have no idea what the "sun" and the empty circles mean. Some kind of hover needs to be added to explain them.

• In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
Randomly mixing them in with the Conquest objectives is terrible. Since they are all zero conquest points, they shouldn't be listed there. Add a tab or at least add a filter with the following:

Conquest Objectives Only
Seasons Objectives Only
Conquest and Seasons Objectives

One of the Priority Objectives is:
Quote:
PO: Seat of the Empire Neutralization

Complete the following to fulfill this Priority Objective and earn Galactic Season Points:
  • Ziost: Defeat Enemies 2
Slight problem, there are only two Conquest Objectives for Ziost:

Ziost: Mission Complete
Ziost: Weekly Mission

Defeat Enemies seems to be missing.

SethDanny
03.22.2021 , 04:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Slight problem, there are only two Conquest Objectives for Ziost:

Ziost: Mission Complete
Ziost: Weekly Mission

Defeat Enemies seems to be missing.
That's because it's next to impossible to defeat 25 enemies on Ziost. You get 5 probe droids, an elite droid in the instanced area and for the rest you just have to kill monoliths, and they are only a handful on the planet, and the devastators are pretty challenging too. I know you can complete it by not picking up the probe droid loot and spawning them infinitely this way, but that experience is very tiresome and I'm sure nobody would enjoy that for such a small reward. I believe it was intended.

Falensawino
03.23.2021 , 11:06 AM | #6
how do you enable PTS on Steam?

there's no gear icon in Steam's launcher: https://i.imgur.com/E0iEBp7.png

Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
How do I enable PTS using the steam launcher, please send help

edit: found it, gotta go to game page and install it as a separate game
oh you're right. I see it too: https://i.imgur.com/c2Ka6so.png
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

EHKodiak
03.23.2021 , 11:37 AM | #7
Excited to get into the PTS to check it out

Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page? Yes

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen? No - or do you mean those buttons that direct you to the conquest screen?

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives? No - having them mixed in with the regular conquest objectives is confusing as hell

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS? It's very sparse. I'd expected an item at least every level but there's some big gaps between items in there. Also, currently all objectives reward 0 GS points so it's impossible to progress

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us? Having the Priority Objectives in with the Conquest Objectives is very confusing, and there's no easy sorting between them. Having them called "PO:<Objective>" is really obscure too, they really need to be elsewhere.

The circles used in the Galactic Seasons window for the daily and weekly priority objectives are very low res. The larger icons showing what players get in free or subscriber look low res, probably because they've been upscaled from lower res icons.

There is a UI bug where if you already have the conquest window open in the background, clicking on the daily and weekly priority objectives doesn't do anything, just flashes.

There is a UI bug when you go to the final page of the galactic seasons window. It goes 97, 98, 99, 100, 95, 96. Image here https://imgur.com/a/QNmIXP0

There are not enough Galactic Season tokens in the rewards to get all the Galactic Season 1 rewards.

More rewards are needed - what's the point in having 100 levels if 50 of them are blank? These can be decos, randomised packs, valor, social, crafting awards, just something needed to fill out the blank days.

Also currently (presume you already know), you can't progress through Galactic Seasons atm

tythorundilian
03.23.2021 , 12:05 PM | #8
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

It took me a minute, but yes I did find it. I think that since it is a page that people will likely be referencing more often, perhaps it could be the default tab that opens as opposed to the daily login rewards?

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes, with quite a bit of work. I think that they should be separated from Conquest objectives. A big amount of hassle. Maybe just make a new mission log tab just for Galactic Seasons?

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

I like the variety in terms of what gives you points. Offers a bit more incentive for rampages than we've recently had in Conquest so that's good.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

I think that each objective should be perfectly clear how many points each objective is worth at a glance. I think that a good idea would probably be something like a booster depending on how many objectives you do in a row perhaps? Doing enough of the objectives within a certain amount of time maybe should give a slight increase modifier as to how many points are gained from objectives (say for an hour?)

I think it would keep people playing for longer periods of time as opposed to popping in every now and again.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Hopefully in the future, the objectives will list how many points each objective is worth? No way to determine the priority of activities I'd want to do without knowing what I'd be getting out of it. Also the levels in the Seasons window need to have some form of graphic to attract attention to your progress in the galactic season instead of just a number out of a total. Also, as mentioned before, some form of encouragement/incentive to do more objectives at a time to reward those who want to do big pushes?
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Nonsense repeated does not become truth. Truth, is what is, reality: whether you know it or not, whether you like it or not, and whether you believe it or not. *Mic Drop*

DavidStaats
03.23.2021 , 12:07 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment to go into further details for Galactic Seasons and provide you all some insight into how you can expect to interact and progress through this new reward track, and then answer some questions we have seen!

Earning Galactic Season Points: Priority Objectives and Login Rewards
In order to progress through Galactic Seasons you will need to earn a new type of experience called Galactic Season Points. Earning Galactic Season Points can be done through various means-the first being through completing specific Daily and Weekly Conquest Objectives we are calling Priority Objectives, and the second being from Login Rewards!

When you first log in, you will be given 4 Priority Objectives; 2 Daily Priority Objectives, and 2 Weekly Priority Objectives. Daily Priority Objectives refresh every day, providing you with up to 14 Daily Priority Objectives per week. Weekly Priority Objectives refresh themselves on the Weekly reset. This means you will only ever have 2 Weekly Priority Objectives per week. Priority Objectives comprise of existing and new Conquest Objectives, and can be identified by their new Galactic Seasons icon, their mention of Galactic Season Points (GSP), and should be filtered to the top of your Conquest Objective list. Completing a Priority Objective will grant the standard Conquest Points attached to the base objective.

Daily Priority Objectives are intended to be Objectives you can complete entirely on your own, and (generally speaking) should take no more than 20-30 minutes per Objective. Our goal is that these are Objectives you would most likely already be completing while working through your Conquest goals. Below are some examples of Daily Priority Objectives you may find (subject to change):
  • Complete Corellia: Defeat Enemies 2
  • Complete CZ-198: Weekly Mission

Weekly Priority Objectives are intended to be Objectives you may require assistance in completing, and (generally speaking) should take no more than 50-70 minutes per Objective. Below are some examples of Weekly Priority Objectives you may find (subject to change):
  • Complete Operation: Story
  • Complete Unranked: Victorious 2

In addition to Priority Objectives, players may also earn Galactic Season Points through the Login Rewards system by simply logging into the game any 4 days of the week! Utilizing the Subscriber Bonus Rewards day tracker (the check marks on the Login Rewards page), this point grant is available to all players, regardless of their Subscription status (though Subscribers will earn extra Galactic Season Points).

Talking Numbers!
Now that we know how to earn Galactic Season Points, let's talk about the current numbers associated with each avenue, how many points you need per Reward Level, and how long we plan for Season 1: The Stranger From Kubindi to last! As always, the following values are subject to change.

As mentioned in our announcement blog for Galactic Seasons, our current planned duration for Galactic Seasons: Season 1 is 5 months (or roughly 150 days). Each Reward Level will require 8 Galactic Season Points to obtain, for a total of 800 Galactic Season Points over the course of the Season. Below are the current incomes for Galactic Season Points and their avenues.
  • Login Rewards (Granted on day 4)
    • Free and Preferred players: 8 Galactic Season Points per week
    • Subscribers: 12 Galactic Season Points per week
  • Daily Priority Objectives
    • Free and Preferred players: 2 Galactic Season Points each
    • Subscribers: 3 Galactic Season Points each
  • Weekly Priority Objectives
    • Free and Preferred players: 8 Galactic Season Points each
    • Subscribers: 12 Galactic Season Points each

Given these values, a subscribed player has the opportunity to earn up to 78 Galactic Season Points per week, while Free and Preferred players have the opportunity to earn up to 52 Galactic Season Points per week!

This means that a Subscribed player who actively participates to earn all possible points available to them per week will be able to reach Reward Level 100 with ample time to spare!

Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some questions we have seen come through with regards to Galactic Seasons:

Q: Will the rewards from Galactic Seasons only be available during their specific Season?
A: Rewards from the Reward Track are intended to only be available during their specific Season. Items found on the Galactic Seasons vendor will rotate in and out over time, including items relating to the rewards from the Reward Track (i.e. alternative colorings, or “skins”, of the Seasonal mounts).

Q: Does this mean Seasons won't be a one-time thing, but will be recurring?
A: Yes, our plan is that Galactic Seasons will be a recurring feature moving forward!

Q: Can we obtain previous or existing Operation or Warzone rewards from Galactic Seasons and/or the Galactic Seasons vendor?
A: No. Warzone and Operation rewards are tied to the effort put forth in those activities. You should not expect to see any rewards from previous or current Warzone or Operations explicitly in Galactic Seasons or the Galactic Seasons Vendor. Those rewards are, and will continue to be, specific to those activities.

Q: Will you be increasing the cap for Strongholds?
A: We are currently investigating this. Stay tuned!

We hope you enjoy Galactic Seasons on PTS, and look forward to discussing it with you!
David Staats | Systems Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Screaming_Ziva
03.23.2021 , 12:25 PM | #10
I finished a PO objective (PO: Outer Rim Neutralization Tatooine) and, as far as I can tell, there has been no progress made in my season:

https://i.imgur.com/QG8BW6c.jpg

Shouldn't something have incremented here somewhere?

We have no idea how many points each objective is worth (are they all the same?) and how many we need for each level. This screen needs lot of information hovers.

EDIT:
Finished two more PO objectives on Oricon and still no progress in my season:
https://i.imgur.com/JCEKC3N.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PyKrfOf.jpg