Do the Devs remember class story characters and consider returning them (Spoilers)

Starwardino

I am 'redoing' the Jedi Class story and just (Spoiler) turned Lord Praven to the Light and lore wise that is a big thing turning a Sith Pureblood to the light, I know his in that rift of being dead or alive but they can just play off that the wound the dark side jedi stuck with him wasn't mortal and didn't kill him and due to his failure he went into hiding and was found by the jedi in the 5 years we were on nice.

I would love to see old characters introdruced again even if they are in the rift. I also hope the ystop killing off characters too.

During Onslaught you saw they have been improving and making cutscenes of characters een if they are dead. Sadly Jaesa is in the rift and I hope they don't &%*$ her over. Although Onslaught would have been the best time for her considering her childhood.

At this point the only character I never want to return is Koth even though his alive on all of my lightside play throughs.

As you said, it is quite difficult especially for the characters that have an option to be killed. Probably one of the more popular characters people would love to see return is Lord Cytharat, but for this same reason he will most likely not make any more appearances. The only way something like this will happen is if they do it with a major character, so other "episodic" characters are not going to grace us with their presence most likely.

And indeed they have been making great efforts to diverse their possible character outcomes. I mean depending on your playthrough even as a Sith, you can kill 3 of the 5 Dark Council members. And this diversity further applies to even characters like Senya, Arcann, Theron, Koth, Gnost-Dural etc.. Honestly, I think this took balls from Bioware as basically, now they have to diversify future cutscenes to include player choices. That is quite difficult to achieve. You can always have Lana be at the forefront and it would work, but you still have to include some of the other "main players" if they are still around. I'm just afraid they might write themselves in a corner due to all these possible outcomes.

As you said, it is quite difficult especially for the characters that have an option to be killed. Probably one of the more popular characters people would love to see return is Lord Cytharat, but for this same reason he will most likely not make any more appearances. The only way something like this will happen is if they do it with a major character, so other "episodic" characters are not going to grace us with their presence most likely.

And indeed they have been making great efforts to diverse their possible character outcomes. I mean depending on your playthrough even as a Sith, you can kill 3 of the 5 Dark Council members. And this diversity further applies to even characters like Senya, Arcann, Theron, Koth, Gnost-Dural etc.. Honestly, I think this took balls from Bioware as basically, now they have to diversify future cutscenes to include player choices. That is quite difficult to achieve. You can always have Lana be at the forefront and it would work, but you still have to include some of the other "main players" if they are still around. I'm just afraid they might write themselves in a corner due to all these possible outcomes.

Another problem is that I'm pretty sure BioWare doesn't want to make any "canon" choices, for people who like to roleplay their characters as existing in the same universe. If Praven showed up, that would prompt anger from players who chose to kill him in their Jedi Knight playthroughs. (And as for your "wound non-fatal" idea, that would also anger players. The game has a bad "your choices don't matter" reputation as it is.) I can't see determinant characters who only showed up in specific class stories appearing unless BioWare finds a way to allow players to implement choices made in other class stories.

Fallen Empire has two different interpretations in its ending depending on whether you redeem Arcann or kill him. The interpretations are significantly different in terms of animation, character appearance or absence, and who does the talking. Therefore it's never an issue of impossible programming. A character who is dead for one player can still appear and interact for another player for whom the character is alive and well. The player who killed that character will have a different experience of a different character being in that position saying the dialogue. The issue is whether they are willing to do the necessary programming, get the writing to match up, and get the voice actors needed. Their budget matters. Edited by Hadsil

Fallen Empire has two different interpretations in its ending depending on whether you redeem Arcann or kill him. The interpretations are significantly different in terms of animation, character appearance or absence, and who does the talking. Therefore it's never an issue of impossible programming. A character who is dead for one player can still appear and interact for another player for whom the character is alive and well. The player who killed that character will have a different experience of a different character being in that position saying the dialogue. The issue is whether they are willing to do the necessary programming, get the writing to match up, and get the voice actors needed. Their budget matters.

The situation with Arcaan is different. His situation occurs after the story merge. The issue here is the class stories. If a character who can die suddenly shows up alive and well in the current story, people WILL make a stink over their choice being declared non-canon. Plenty of people like to imagine the class stories happening alongside each other, and the devs are actively encouraging it. Whenever the stories of classes you aren't playing as are alluded to, the details are deliberately kept vague so as not to establish an actual canon. And while a few class story characters have shown up in the merged story, it's strictly characters who were non-determinately alive anyway.

Long story short, there's a REASON it took Khem Val and Jaesea, who have determinant fates, so long to return as companions. And why BioWare evidently gave up on trying to find a way to have all characters get them and ultimately made them exclusive to the classes who had them as companions to begin with.

Edited by rashencyberspeed

The situation with Arcaan is different. His situation occurs after the story merge. The issue here is the class stories. If a character who can die suddenly shows up alive and well in the current story, people WILL make a stink over their choice being declared non-canon. Plenty of people like to imagine the class stories happening alongside each other, and the devs are actively encouraging it. Whenever the stories of classes you aren't playing as are alluded to, the details are deliberately kept vague so as not to establish an actual canon. And while a few class story characters have shown up in the merged story, it's strictly characters who were non-determinately alive anyway.

Long story short, there's a REASON it took Khem Val and Jaesea, who have determinant fates, so long to return as companions. And why BioWare evidently gave up on trying to find a way to have all characters get them and ultimately made them exclusive to the classes who had them as companions to begin with.

My point stands. It doesn't matter if a Companion you killed returns in a story. The Companion returns for players who didn't kill that Companion. When you play the story the Companion isn't there, and it will be someone else being there saying the lines. It already happened in Spirit of Vengeance. Those who saved Vette in Fallen Empire don't get the Torian cameo in Spirit of Vengeance. That's programming. It's a question of whether Bioware is willing and able to write the different storylines and have the Voice actors.

As for Cytharat. HONESTLY we don't see Cytharat death scene. We don't see his body or something yeah? Later on we don't have much of proof he is really dead?

Becasue if yes, then we just see lava flooding the level. But, this would be slighly forced, he could survive or run in the end. Or he could be burned hehe reference to Anakin and become the cyborg?

In that case those who resuced him would get a slighly different Cytharat design and dialogue than those who "killed" him. Spared would be just as good as before and "killed" would be like Vader or other cyborg stuff. This is possible, I don't think would use much of effort and budget, but player's decisions would be taken into consideration.

Really. Cytharat is really cool character that was killed for no reason along with Niathra or how she was called (second in command of Maekeb Ops on imp side) and on rep side that lady scientist. She could have been a returning character too.

ok sort of a kill / not killed...The big Theron kill ....you know you may not have actually killed Theron..you leave him behind...to maybe die o.o but you don't actually see him die..he just calls out to you as you leave. So HE may not actually be dead, and Lana did do something weird with his cranium in his cut scene with her as she was "helping " the back back of his head. So kinda wondering how that will fall out. :D Just for everyone who "killed " him ( I never did , I kept him alive and always took him back ) The only ones you know for sure who are dead that you killed or let be killed are Kaliyo/ Jorgan , Torian :mad: or Vette :( Koth and well Vaylen ( unless she took over that Jedi's dead body). So yeah there is that. Seeing as we haven't heard from people other then Malgus that we have let die in prior stories you never know they may show up again. ( oh I forgot about the final fight with the black ops woman who was going to have to push papers for the rest of her life if she hadn't died with Toborro :D she is also dead, dead )

Yep. Theron can always come back for the people who played the game wrong. He was rescued on Nathema after you left by Someone. If he left Odessen he went to work with Someone. Someone needs your help, and at the end of the Flashpoint, Someone is your Companion, there's Theron whom you rescue. If you played the game correctly Someone still needs your help. At the end of the Flashpoint, Someone is your Companion, there's Theron whom you rescue. You didn't know he needed rescuing. Ending dialogue explains it all depending on circumstances Theron is there.

Probably won't happen, but it's nice to think about.

As for Cytharat. HONESTLY we don't see Cytharat death scene. We don't see his body or something yeah? Later on we don't have much of proof he is really dead?

Becasue if yes, then we just see lava flooding the level. But, this would be slighly forced, he could survive or run in the end. Or he could be burned hehe reference to Anakin and become the cyborg?

In that case those who resuced him would get a slighly different Cytharat design and dialogue than those who "killed" him. Spared would be just as good as before and "killed" would be like Vader or other cyborg stuff. This is possible, I don't think would use much of effort and budget, but player's decisions would be taken into consideration.

Really. Cytharat is really cool character that was killed for no reason along with Niathra or how she was called (second in command of Maekeb Ops on imp side) and on rep side that lady scientist. She could have been a returning character too.

Y'know, Cytharat probably could come back for people who saved him, seeing as he showed up on Makeb, which was after the story merge.