Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Nightmare Loot Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Nightmare Loot Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Loki_
01.26.2016 , 12:28 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Firolas View Post
And do you realize that certain Nightmare ops are easier than others?
For instance KP Nim isn't any where near as hard as TOS Nim.
Well well, I hope you realise that EV and KP nim were both removed with 4.0 and there has never even been a TOS NIM despite us wanting one for the past 11 months since we cleared HM TOS back in Feb 2015.

Random plebs posting random misinformed info .... priceless

xkcurtisx
01.26.2016 , 01:51 AM | #52
on second thought.

Eric i ll let you know that there is absolutely no point in doing this. Only Provectus And Not Good Enough remains of the once wast hardcore raiding community. With these changes you wont bring back all those that bleed and left.

Just focus on your damn story and let this game die already so we can get the next one.

PennyAnn
01.26.2016 , 02:10 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
Development time? What development time? All you have to do is Change the gear Input script from 220 to 224 then to be safe go in and test it, if you can't clear NIM in your own game then just edit things to make it easy to test. I would love to see the devs field a team, roll on a server create a guild and start raiding with us, that's the best way to understand why 95% of your NIM Raiders quit
You are assuming there are 8 people that work there to test it...
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you;
Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.

Click here to use my Referral Link

PennyAnn
01.26.2016 , 02:11 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCA View Post
Total waste of their time.

No point winning you people back either. All 12 of you.
More than 12 responses in this thread from NiM raiders. Just hush already, eh?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you;
Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.

Click here to use my Referral Link

dscount
01.26.2016 , 02:12 AM | #55
I must say "THANK YOU" and it's about time.

I'm sorry, but you guys screwed the pooch on this decision and as many have mentioned was sort of the final straw for a LOT of players waiting to raid harder content. Okay that and lack of new operations for another year I mean.

Wish your DEV team could learn how to pull head outta rear end a tad quicker in the future. You guys need all the good PR you can get at this point in time.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

dscount
01.26.2016 , 03:11 AM | #56
SUGGESTIONS:

Next round of TIER upgrades (As I'm sure "OPS Content" = Scaled old ops)...
  • REMOVE EV & KP from the Targeted Operations. (IE: No 224 gear)
  • Change up NIM & Targeted OPS to have a sliding scale for DECO's and MOUNT drops across all BOSSES. Like: 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% on five bosses fights (Can for S&V).

I could have sworn last summer I read we would see "NEW MOUNTS" and "NEW DECO's" in our operations more. Not a whole lot in RAV/ToS and NIM Raids seem to have changed.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

xkcurtisx
01.26.2016 , 03:20 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
SUGGESTIONS:

Next round of TIER upgrades (As I'm sure "OPS Content" = Scaled old ops)...
  • REMOVE EV & KP from the Targeted Operations. (IE: No 224 gear)
  • Change up NIM & Targeted OPS to have a sliding scale for DECO's and MOUNT drops across all BOSSES. Like: 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% on five bosses fights (Can for S&V).

I could have sworn last summer I read we would see "NEW MOUNTS" and "NEW DECO's" in our operations more. Not a whole lot in RAV/ToS and NIM Raids seem to have changed.
partially agree with what you say, but i would like to see this more:
  • Remove All Repair costs for PVE content (why should only a PVE-er who actually does stuff be punished with credits, you dont punish GSF PvP RPvP with repair costs. Either all should pay for repairs or none should)
  • Nim Gear should be a seperate category and always be best in the game and can only be acquired in Nim Raids (Cos lets face it this requires the most effort out of all the things you do in this game)
  • Proper Mods And enhancements and offpiece drops in Nim operations (This is important as they allow tanks to try different variations of gear, as the current system was broke with 4.0 Tanks are no viable with Defense.)
  • I don't honestly care about decos and vanity but it was promised by EAware you were right about that.
  • New ops.....

snuff_daddy
01.26.2016 , 04:41 AM | #58
TL;DR: Thanks for finally fixing this. Include 224 MK-2 random drops for Nightmare content in 4.2 and fix stats on tanking gear.

Obviously the decision to implement a priority hardmode operation with 224 gear drops has anyone that is semi-capable of at least being carried through undermannable content fully geared in 224.

The omission of 224 gear drops from Nightmare Operations has just led to raiding teams being devided between gearing characters through endless spamming of the priority operations (or falling behind in the gearing race) versus doing some challenging Nightmare content for no other reason than the "challenge". "Challenge" as most raiding guilds have already cleared the current Nightmare content - a lot even on the appropriate level. It's not really progression if you have already done it. You left us with no common goals.

Most raiding guilds are as a result of this either disbanded entirely or seeing long-time members fleeing to avoid being bored to death. A lot of efforts on behalf of guildmasters and raid leaders gone wasted due to poor design decisions.

Looking ahead, I appreciate that you finally came to your senses regarding this. I do however encourage that you take the following into consideration for 4.2:

- Include 224 MK-2 drops as random drops from Nightmare content (including earpieces and implants).
- Redesign tanking gear to include the Shield/Absorb combination as current tanking gear is useless.
- Have 224 token gear for tanks include B-mods instead of non-lettered mods as B-Mods are clearly BiS for tanks.
- Mastery is a useless stat for tanks. Either make it do something usefull - like contribute to your Armor Reduction or mitigation stats - or make it less dominant in tanking gear. We want Shield, Absorb, Endurance and Defense.

A "BiS" 224 geared Assassin/Shadow tank will get one-shot regularly on several fights with no means to mitigate this. Increase the Endurance stat pool from BiS gear at the expense of Mastery. Please! Even some dps classes have better survivability.

Chedica
01.26.2016 , 05:01 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcurtx View Post
Only Provectus And Not Good Enough remains of the once wast hardcore raiding community.
Oh Curt, Disciples of Babylon is still around!

xkcurtisx
01.26.2016 , 05:24 AM | #60
(removed for reasons )