Was the 7.0 gutting of abilities to help clickers

BlissDivine

I'm ok with the slows being removed, but it still seems like 6.0 was a more full version of this game.

I'm still not happy with having to pick between abilities in 7.0 that I had full access to for years. Less abilities probably only helps clickers. That's the only reason I can think of as to why they removed so much.

I don't think it helps clickers, or was intended to help clickers. If you can click 25 buttons, I'm sure you can click 30 just as easily. They aren't any better or worse off than they were. They'll still have slightly lower APM than button mashers. There is a best solution for any given opportunity to use an ability. I'd think the better player makes the best decision. When you put two good decision makers together, the button masher will eventually beat out the clicker with superior APM.

Rather, reducing ability bloat does two things. First, it opens up room for new abilities down the road - which is good. Secondly, it helps newer players learn the game more quickly. This is also good. More population or people sticking with the game longer gets more money to BW which in turn gets more goodies sent our way.

I've definitely got some gripes about what abilities were removed and what choices they make you make as a PVPer. But as I always say, PVPers need to understand they are not important, they are not a high percentage revenue source demographic and so we are often left with ... well... the leftovers.

Edited by Wimbleton

Rather, reducing ability bloat does two things. First, it opens up room for new abilities down the road - which is good. Secondly, it helps newer players learn the game more quickly. This is also good. More population or people sticking with the game longer gets more money to BW which in turn gets more goodies sent our way.

It's good to reduce bloat so we can add it back in later?

Not that many abilities were totally removed they were made optional so it actually makes it harder for new players since they have to choose between abilities they have no experience of using.

It also makes the game less involving for experienced players since they have no room for those quirky little one off abilities that made the game and their class individual and fun.

The 7.0 design team failed, most of 2022 and 2023 will be trying to unwind the mess they made.

Clicker here! I know, I know......I'm a work in progress with the keyboard. But removing certain abilities definitely didn't help me. Because I had my rotation so engrained in my muscle memory, my mouse automatically goes to where an ability used to be in my rotation and is no longer there. Its been extremely frustrating.

And yes, I do know using the keyboard is quicker. I'm working on it. It's hard to unlearn what you've learned :o

I'm a full clicker aside from maybe 3-4 key abilities and always have been. I've never had any type of issue with too many abilities and was looking forward to a few more being added in 7.0. The gutting of abilities is to appease the casuals from eso that can't handle the wow type gameplay with more then 5 abilities.

It's good to reduce bloat so we can add it back in later?

Not that many abilities were totally removed they were made optional so it actually makes it harder for new players since they have to choose between abilities they have no experience of using.

It also makes the game less involving for experienced players since they have no room for those quirky little one off abilities that made the game and their class individual and fun.

The 7.0 design team failed, most of 2022 and 2023 will be trying to unwind the mess they made.

I think you are being a lil emotional now... The game is literally the same as it always was. I played at the start, during all the x.0's and then stopped when the tacticals were released and just came back. Every new patch some people say the sky is falling. It hasn't fell. It won't fall. Just learn to be successful in whatever environment is available.

And if your feelings are simply hurt too bad, well hell, go play other games, there's lots of them, they are all equally underwhelming.

This game is so easy, its always been easy. Tab target games are always going to be dull - my one and only skill shot is overload. They usually go the route of making them complicated (lots of abilities) since you simply cannot make them difficult. It's good to reign that in sometimes.

Clicker here! I know, I know......I'm a work in progress with the keyboard. But removing certain abilities definitely didn't help me. Because I had my rotation so engrained in my muscle memory, my mouse automatically goes to where an ability used to be in my rotation and is no longer there. Its been extremely frustrating.

And yes, I do know using the keyboard is quicker. I'm working on it. It's hard to unlearn what you've learned :o

Play for yourself, not for anyone else. That is, don't worry about anyone's opinion of "clicking" because if you're having fun, that's all that matters.

FWIW, I learned to keybind a LONG time ago, but not without considerable effort...and I mean considerable effort.

No, it is to help players that can't deal with other actions besides basic rotation buttons.

< Pew pew oh no someone stunned me, that other guy used a skill to avoid pew pew, they pushed me from the bridge...the dummy doesn't do that, outrageous, I will whine at devs' discord>.

It's what we have.

Edited by Giberelina