What's your SWTOR 7.0 updates/fix wishlist?

Lord_Neon

A few of mine would be:

• Hood toggle & hair under hood fixes (no more bald characters with massive foreheads)
  • Lightsaber colour tweaks/adjustments (the standard green currently has a yellow-ish core for some reason; the Alpha and Beta versions of SWTOR had a much nicer green, example 1,
    )
  • Less nickle and diming players to buy absolutely everything with Cartel coins (changing your appearance, unlocking artifact equipment, storage slots, unlocking gearsets for other characters in collections, etc.). I get that there needs to be some sort of income for the devs in the game, but it's kinda become a well-known inhibiting reason people don't want to play.
  • No timed seasons; I think the Halo series is doing a great job with seasons—you pay for the season, but you get to choose what to work towards and unlock, and there's no time limit. No FOMO. Leave that stuff for COD and Activision.
  • DLSS 2.X would be great.
  • Gear in the game (not on the market only) that looks like traditional Jedi / Sith without the sleeves always being cut off or armor plates everywhere.
  • Useful dye modules that aren't ridiculous colours and aren't all duotone (gold, silver, browns, grey, pastels, etc.).

Edited by Lord_Neon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of mine would be:

• Hood toggle & hair under hood fixes (no more bald characters with massive foreheads)

I'm fairly certain that they are currently working on that and plan to release it some time next year after the expansion has come out.

During the livestream, Charles Boyd chose to use the words "under the Hood" specifically when talking about the upcoming tech and visual improvements and had a sly grin on his face.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Make the class specific cosmetic options available to all characters (after finishing that story line?). I find it pretty annoying, that there's no way to get the inquisitor scars or trooper/warrior tattoos on other characters. Heck, there's not even the full line of cosmetic choices available at character creation, because where we get special class content (like inquisitor scars) we are locked out from the regular choices.

Cyborg for each race, not just Humans.

I'm fairly certain that they are currently working on that and plan to release it some time next year after the expansion has come out.

During the livestream, Charles Boyd chose to use the words "under the Hood" specifically when talking about the upcoming tech and visual improvements and had a sly grin on his face.

I can't adquatly express how much I hope you are right! That is my #1 wish.

For the rest:

Weapons designer so we can use the skins of of static stat weapons.

Revamped dye system. Let us dye primary, secondary and tertiary colors separately. Let dyes stack. Add dye slots to all of the armor that got skipped during 4.0.

Love to strongholds. More layout options, more hooks. Scaling. Companion decos that don't switch back and forth from real to holo. Make holocron drops a thing again. More decos on all the vendors. Increase the limit to 999 for all decos, low limits are ridiculous! If one character has a mount or pet unlocked, let any character in the same legacy have access to the corresponding deco. Add more and better underwater rooms to Manaan.

Love for companions. Fix the graphics bugs (Imp/pub switching armor looks in cutsenes, losing matching in cutescenes, fix Vector, Scourge & the Gamorian's skins.) Give a way to get all companions on all classes, like we were promised for 4.0. Give Nico, Paxton and any other companions gear slots so we can change all of their gear. New customizations. New barks for married companions.

New UI for collections. One button click to learn all unlocked mounts, pets, emotes, flairs & titles. Thumbnails that show the complete outfit without weird colored auras around them, & the ability to claim only one piece at a time. Allow us to unlock collections items that have crap mods as empty shells.

Love for old armor. Convert the "new" starter quest armor to legacy like the "new" starter quest weapons or at least retroactively grant it to characters that pre-date their addition. Make the world drop armor on Ossus legacy as well and/or increase the drop rate so we have a reasonable chance of finishing sets. Find a way to make low level armor styles available again, the drops got totally screwed thanks to level sync. Provide some way to reclaim old quest armor that we didn't keep. Repeating my wish for all armor to get dye slots.

I realize that so many have "favorites".. And I suppose that I'm no exception.

(In no particular order)

** the new class I've been REALLY looking forward to ( I know this is a really a reach ... but I just can't help but wonder how ti would be to play the part of that sort of character in a SWTOR universe. It would be fascinating !! )

** a space station similar to what I have described in details ( located on the outer rim with a spectacular view)

** the return of interactions with companions I know that this costs a few more $$$ but IMO this was one of the ear marks of SWTOR and to see that fall by the way side costs the game even more !!. (something to think about).

** As long as the UI is being overhauled even more .. then that one section that never seems to stay put ... NEEDS TO (it really is quite annoying to have to reset every single time I log in).

** And there are several BUGS that need to be fixed. I'm not trying to make this a constant rant ... but IMO this is something that really does need attention. Look how much it affected one of the better FP's just recently !! (Yeah I like it still ... just not the BUGS that are obviously still there!)

** While the team is making the game continuously making the game feel "current" in its presentation .. some of the older armor / weapons could use a little "sprucing up". Satele's "tunic" for example, needs the trim cleaned up quite a bit. That would make it look considerably better. As far as I can tell it's still quite popular on the market.

AND ... I'd love to see the alliance HQ revamped and updated to indicate further development and growth .. not just dirt walls, ceilings etc. This could be updated as a matter of in game progression matching the story line.

I'm quite certain that there are other really good ideas out there as well.

I'd love to see a visual pass, at least for texture quality, to bring things up to a more modern standard. Maybe finally fix the shadow rendering, which has been wonky for me on three GPUs, both vendors, since launch. Maybe a UI solution to separate buffs/debuffs that I always need to see, from buffs/debuffs that I don't necessarily need to see.

I really wanted an engine/graphics overhaul. Not getting that I suppose :(

The words in the livestream were pretty clear that there wouldn't be a new *engine*, but things like e.g. DX11 or DX12+ could be implied. After all, the latest newsletter from ArenaNet directly said that GW2 will soon be getting a DX11 option, and it has historically been one of the more resolutely DX9 games.

We can hope.

The words in the livestream were pretty clear that there wouldn't be a new *engine*, but things like e.g. DX11 or DX12+ could be implied. After all, the latest newsletter from ArenaNet directly said that GW2 will soon be getting a DX11 option, and it has historically been one of the more resolutely DX9 games.

We can hope.

And a 64-bit client. They did mention graphical and technical upgrades, but not a new engine. So an overhaul of sorts is still in the cards.

I wonder if W11 will still support DX9 or if they will drop DX9 at some point. It might be preparation for W11 but I don't know enough about it, so I might just be talking out of my rear end here lol.

What I'm saying is that BW is taking this new expansion as an opportunity to get future-proof.

I'd love to see a visual pass, at least for texture quality, to bring things up to a more modern standard. Maybe finally fix the shadow rendering, which has been wonky for me on three GPUs, both vendors, since launch. Maybe a UI solution to separate buffs/debuffs that I always need to see, from buffs/debuffs that I don't necessarily need to see.

One thing on shadows is that the "enhanced" mode actually makes some things look *worse*. Above all, if you have problems with light-coloured anti-shadows around your character and/or scenery polygon edges in dark places, turn off enhanced shadows and they will go away. (The classic place to see this is in the Gravestone, in the first cut-scene where you go into the room with the big cone with plugs in it, Chapter V, I think. It's dark, and your character is clearly outlined in a sort of pale ghost effect. It's also visible around scenery edges in the cave near the end of KotFE Chapter XII.)

But yeah, shadows in SWTOR do need some work. (It may be related to the use of polygon shaders - where the whole polygon is drawn in shadow if only part of it is in shadow - rather than pixel shaders - each pixel of the polygon is drawn based on whether it is in shadow. Pixel shading is more computationally expensive, naturally. If the density of the jaggies changes if you change the shadow map resolution, then the problems are caused by the shadow map, and the only way to improve them is to use a higher-still (and computationally expensiver) shadow map resolution, or to go to a different shadow algorithm altogether.)

Re: (de)buffs you "need" to see vs (de)buffs you don't "need" to see: How would that be designated? It fairly obviously wouldn't be the same for all players, or even for all *characters* on the same player, so the feature would be broken if it wasn't possible to select which (kinds of) (de)buffs you want in which category.

Example: Affliction on Lightning Sorc ==> it puts a debuff on the target that makes Thundering Blast crit on every hit. Does *your* Affliction boost *my* Thundering Blast? If not, I would want to see *my* Affliction on the boss, and I would want to not see yours because it gives no useful information for me.

And a 64-bit client. They did mention graphical and technical upgrades, but not a new engine. So an overhaul of sorts is still in the cards.

I wonder if W11 will still support DX9 or if they will drop DX9 at some point. It might be preparation for W11 but I don't know enough about it, so I might just be talking out of my rear end here lol.

What I'm saying is that BW is taking this new expansion as an opportunity to get future-proof.

I doubt strongly that DX9 support *in Windows* is going away any time soon, and Win11 definitely counts as "soon", precisely because of all the games that use it. They might switch it around so that DX9 on Win11 is an emulation layer of sorts that translates the calls as far as possible into whatever it can of DX11 or DX12 (or maybe even DX10 if necessary), but the API itself will still be there.

But yeah, "technical upgrades" could hide a big ol' pile of stuff, including 64-bit(1), DX11+, etc. DX11 would allow them to include people who are still not on Win10, and it's a slightly less radical change than DX12 is.

(1) It's a bigger change than people think. The two-process architecture we have now would prevent the client from taking full advantage of 64-bit, for example (because there would still be a bottleneck concerning the communication between the processes.

One thing on shadows is that the "enhanced" mode actually makes some things look *worse*. Above all, if you have problems with light-coloured anti-shadows around your character and/or scenery polygon edges in dark places, turn off enhanced shadows and they will go away. (The classic place to see this is in the Gravestone, in the first cut-scene where you go into the room with the big cone with plugs in it, Chapter V, I think. It's dark, and your character is clearly outlined in a sort of pale ghost effect. It's also visible around scenery edges in the cave near the end of KotFE Chapter XII.)

But yeah, shadows in SWTOR do need some work. (It may be related to the use of polygon shaders - where the whole polygon is drawn in shadow if only part of it is in shadow - rather than pixel shaders - each pixel of the polygon is drawn based on whether it is in shadow. Pixel shading is more computationally expensive, naturally. If the density of the jaggies changes if you change the shadow map resolution, then the problems are caused by the shadow map, and the only way to improve them is to use a higher-still (and computationally expensiver) shadow map resolution, or to go to a different shadow algorithm altogether.)

Re: (de)buffs you "need" to see vs (de)buffs you don't "need" to see: How would that be designated? It fairly obviously wouldn't be the same for all players, or even for all *characters* on the same player, so the feature would be broken if it wasn't possible to select which (kinds of) (de)buffs you want in which category.

Example: Affliction on Lightning Sorc ==> it puts a debuff on the target that makes Thundering Blast crit on every hit. Does *your* Affliction boost *my* Thundering Blast? If not, I would want to see *my* Affliction on the boss, and I would want to not see yours because it gives no useful information for me.

Steve .. I'm not much at programming. But IMO the poly count on some of the early stuff in particular definitely has an affect on visual presentation. This can be seen in several instances throughout the game (the exterior view of the smugglers ship for example). Also the use of shadowing or how the polys are defined will also make a difference. This process and how it was refined was seen during the PTS of Onderon. This is also why the character Arn is pushing the edge of the envelope of the current engine as well. (The team has done an exceptional job) .

IMO their team is quite talented in this area and should be interesting to see what areas they continue to work on!

- Auto closed daily login window option for all toons on account.

- Fixing the appearance preview box, Cartel Market UI and inventory (sometimes) menus overlapping and not falling behind each other. When looking through dyes and previewing them, the the Cartel Market window seems to have no priority.

- Scroll on Legacy Titles and Flairs sometimes goes completely blank when scrolling down. Sometimes doesn't scroll at all.

- Companion outfits defaulting in cutscenes to colors without unify active or to their default outfits while missing pieces, sometimes being their pants (haven't seen pantsless in a while though).

- Second part of character's name in chat to be capitalized like they present on the nameplate and every other menu.

- An option for conquest plates when you enter your stronghold. Really, hoped this wouldn't be that difficult or take so long, I don't touch it nor am I interested.

- Marker on the main menu for what character has the XP gear we can't get copies of or something to that effect. Or give us a force summons unlock to strip it (or them) from any character that has it equipped. Or, you know, put it in collections.

- Expansion on chat box size and words per post in alternate channels (/say, /group, /whisper).

- Allow emotes and the like to refresh for everyone within range, even if they're just loading into the instance. An otherwise lively scene looks dead and stagnant when you load in and everyone is standing like mannequins in weird spots.

- A trash bin similar to how disintegration works, where we can select a number of items and mass delete them with only a pop up coming up if there are mods and or dyes included.

I'm always up for more species & appearance options, henchies and decos. Some things I didn't see mentioned yet:

While I'm a subscriber and don't see that changing any time soon, they really, really need to raise the credits cap for non-subscribers. Seeing / helping guildies & other players struggling with it is really disheartening, and I can just imagine what they're having to go through, given the current level of inflation. And from a personal standpoint, I feel like if I let my subscription lapse, I'd just no longer feel like playing the game.

How about an emoji-like UI selection bar for common emotes? Maybe even customizable (i.e. which emotes to include) in our settings panel.

The ability to quickly open and deposit Renown crates into inventory, skipping the panel and animation.

Movable stronghold hooks (or more options to change them and more hook options for decos, at the very least).

Iokath. Stop disappearing companions, stop turning Lana into Theron, fix the scan point of that one impossible-to-scan building that is part of the daily missions...

Prevent capes from flipping to the front to become bibs.

Inflation. That won't be a 7.0 fix, but a bigger discussion / project.

The ability to toggle stronghold Personnel and Companion decos from holo to solid & back.

I just care about more story and companion interactions. I hope that with the "back to basics" direction of Onslaught, we could someday get back to class stories and/or companion missions. That's my bigger wish list item for 7.0.

Saboteur options need to expand beyond superficial dialogue choices. I hope we get to see real changes to your character's journey.

Romantic interest you gained on Ossus needs to have a bigger payoff than some two minute kiss cutscene, so hopefully, down the line, your Ossus RI could get to play a bigger role (also, c'mon, Jaesa was an obvious choice to get involved in Jedi Under Siege, much like Nadia).

Since I feel like we're reaching some kind of resolution to the current arc pretty soon (though most probably not the end of the game itself), hopefully, there'll be some major emotional payoffs in the likes of ME3. Say what you will about the ending of ME3, but it had some of the best emotional payoffs in the trilogy, especially with Mordin and curing the Genophage and the war between Quarians and Geths. The Emperor returning for the umpteeth time in Echoes of Oblivion was an embarrassing joke, not a payoff.

And just to reiterate: more focus on your character's solo journey. Trace it back to each class' class story, reference it in some way. Enough of this Alliance Commander crap. Go back to our class' origins. Go back to making it feel unique to play each class in terms of storytelling, having our own individuality as Trooper/Smuggler/Sith Warrior, etc, not having us all meshed together into a single storyline for all classes.

Go back to what you do best, Bioware: emotional storytelling. I'm more than willing to pay for monthly subs since I'm always willing to reward good storytelling and passionate storytellers. I'm not willing, however, to pay for gaming corporations slapping together a fast product just for to get something mediocre and functional out.

Edited by OriusPrime

In the middle of all of the excitement (and there seems to be a lot to look forward to) I just hope that some of those things which MADE SWTOR are not forgotten!

I'm quite certain that the ongoing debate over priorities will continue. Some of those discussions are unquestionably of valid concerns. Some of them over the mechanics of what is coming. Still ... all in all I still hope for the best.

** companions

** solid story telling (with as many class stories as possible ... not just one for the DS and another for LS decisions).

** It's obvious that they art department continues to work with the engine that they have available and do an outstanding job. (two thumbs up for those ongoing efforts).

YEAH I KNOW ... there's a TON of stuff that's coming. I just hope these items in particular are not overlooked. It would be a sad commentary for them to be placed in a scrapbook of memories to be eventually forgotten. Hopefully these will be remembered with the time and $$$ provided for development and release in the near future!

Some stuff in no particular order:

1) Dyes. First of all, many of light colours look literally weird on most armour. Bright colours on metallic surfaces are a kind of nonsense too. And as a person who is a lot into art myself, I am pretty sure it has something to do with wrong shading of this colours. + Current yellow colour is just... I don't have civilized words for this.

Also as it was already mentioned it would be really cool to add more dye modules (maybe even triple modules) or ability to use several single-coloured modules. My JK really needs a black-orange-magenta combo!

2) Speaking of combining dyes, I also have an idea that as we can have different crystals on weapons for dual-wielders, it might be cool to have double-blade lightsabers with differently coloured blades.

3) MIMICKS FIX!!! I can't stand all this scenes in KOTFE and KOTET where my character's eyes partly go through the texture of eyelids! Maybe it's only a problem with female Pub Zabraks, I haven't played this part of story with other species, but it's annoying.

4) Fixing textures in general. It freaks me out when in the same scene we have highly detailed Arcann and then Vaylin who looks like she was done by an amateur 3D artist with few months of experience. Jakarro is a weird piece of low-poly nonsense too.

5) Alternative lightsaber styles. More curved hilts (I have an impression that's only one in game so far), more lightsaber pikes options, maybe even lightsaber tonfas or reverse grip?

6) Dyes for weapons and non-animal mounts. It makes me sad every time when I see a perfect weapon or mount for my character but it's in wrong colour and there's no alternatives.

7) More customisation options for Twi'leks and Zabraks. Especially bright red skintone and separate lekku patterns and makeup options for Twi's, and more hairstyles, tattoos and hair colours (meaning, unnatural ones) for Zabraks.

8) Not much on a big update, but... More elegant animal mounts? Something more horse-like like an orbak for example? Most of current animal mounts, with few exceptions, are a) lizards, b) giant musk ox looking creatures, or c) flightless birds.

9) Even more puzzle-like quests instead of "go here, kill this mobs, speak with NPC" standard quests.

10) Capes and cloaks gravity fix. In many cases I've chosen to wear my characters and companions into less cool-looking and "in-character" armour just because it annoys me when the cape gets stuck in the character's texture while moving. And it also constantly happens here and there in cutscenes with cape-wearing NPCs.

11) HOOD FIX!!! We either need to finally get hair being visible under the hood, or have more headgear that can prevent the hood showing on character.

12) A bit weird thing but... Nonbinary and trans playable options please? Yes I know that SW is majorly cis-hetero stuff but as we have canonically bi/pan(?) romance options, why not add this too?

Edited by AtinShogalaar