Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Pronugget
12.13.2011 , 10:57 AM | #2951
my butt ich's

Scosciss
12.13.2011 , 10:57 AM | #2952
Code input 7/26

No EA.

Patrucio
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2953
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
Not everyone is sitting at home staring at the launcher or staring at their email. Many people who are waiting for early access are at work and unable to log in at this time.

If they are checking for server stability, they have to realize that if they send out, say 250,000 invites today. Maybe half (and I'm being generous) are logging in immediately. They have to give time for the other half to log in later.
QFT - I've noticed that the community tends to skew a bit older than other game sites, so I fully expect that there are many more "older people with responsibilities" in the early-order crowd.
"My conscience hath a thousand several tongues,
And every tongue brings in a several tale,
And every tale condemns me for a villain."
-W. Shakespeare, Richard III

Guenhald
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2954
Quote: Originally Posted by xXHERETICXx View Post
08.08.2011 here.
Same. Nothing yet.

Animegodfather
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2955
WOULD BE NICE if we could at least download and update while waiting.....at least then we wouldnt have to double wait...just saying
To all things there are an answers. The only problem is you may not like the answer.

Tsandezar
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2956
Quote: Originally Posted by MPSewell View Post
No they aren't. There's people that pre-ordered significantly later that are already given access. I don't care when I get in, but I do feel cheated when they promise that they will use one methodology for determining access and then apparently use something utterly different. If they said from the start that it would be random then I wouldn't care, but promising people to do them "in order" and then giving access to someone who ordered in December over someone who ordered in July is abhorrent.
You realize those people who claim to have pre-ordered in December and are already in are trolls, right? Just because you're not used to trolls, doesn't mean anything is wrong on Bioware's end.
I don't Hancock in public.

DrAidennwitz
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2957
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRey View Post
Still no EU servers? Well thats just silly
Learn to read, servers are up and everyone knows that (especialy the people who are playing right now). It's just a website glitch.

Mdkbullet
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2958
so if there was NO EARLY ACCESS, we all would be in a que on release day and tbh id rather sit in a 4-5 hour que then keeping a eye on my emails waiting for a MYABE email saying i can play!!! Bad Times Bio

Gardiig
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2959
No problem with the waves but its about time an MMO company realises the most important issue on launching an MMO is communication with its player base. A representative of BW shouls be scanning these forums and asking questions back at base. Then a post that players can read but not post in set up relaying information back. For example clearly many people are questioning the 4 wave comment, how hard would it to be to ask a techie at BW if anymore are planned and then relate the information.

We may not be able to speed up our invitation but if BW could let us know they are listening to us it will please a lot of people.

Illwill-
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2960
Quote: Originally Posted by Swordy View Post
This is a spectacular failure from Bioware here.

Their failure is not in how they have approached the Early Access, which seems reasonable, but in their total lack of communication about anything. They have essentially buried their heads in the sand for the "oncoming storm" of angry customers, merged everything into one long thread so that they automatically have the excuse that they "didn't see it", and absolutely refuse to discuss any timings.

I would understand if we preordered in middle of August or something, but there are those of us who are right on the borderline for late July preorders that are basically **** out of luck. We don't want to miss our time and Bioware (and their representatives on Twitter) are point blank refusing to discuss it.

They have said that the "plan" was always for four waves of invites per day. Why exactly did they not tell us this? Why did they not tell us the distribution of preorders before today?

There are no excuses for this outside of "we're worried that we will **** it up and don't want to look like idiots".

I cannot believe the level of service that Bioware is providing on a day as important to them as today. They are EA bad in how they have done this.

"Right well, you customers will get Early Game Access, but we don't know when and we can't tell you if it will be today or in seven days, nor can we tell you the times when we are sending out the invites, nor cane we tell you when we know this or on what factors it is based. Please sit there refreshing your email inbox until you get in"

When you have other companies that go out if their way to help you, this is just unacceptable from a customer service perspective. If I provided this as an answer to a customer (and I'm in the software business), I'd be sacked immediately and with good reason.
Yeah, couldn't agree more. When will companies understand that their paying customers can take quite a bit, as long as you provide them (us) with information! If BW told me that I would be able to log on somewhere between noon and 18 on thursday, that wouldn't really upset me. But asking me to check my email every minute for 7 days? Are you (BW) intentionally trying to tick people off? Because obviously, you're doing just that...and that's probably not the best strategy possible.