Best juggernaut spec in pvp?

Drunuitar

Hi, i'm a returning player and from what i've read it seems juggernaut dps isn't really powerful in pvp, but even so i was wondering which spec was better? Is there one way stronger than the other? I'm currently leveling as vengeance and i like it so far

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Drunuitar

Hi, i'm a returning player and from what i've read it seems juggernaut dps isn't really powerful in pvp, but even so i was wondering which spec was better? Is there one way stronger than the other? I'm currently leveling as vengeance and i like it so far

My two cents is it depends on what you want to do.

( Check out Ragequitting or Cease_faith on youtube for more class info. )

If you want to be hard to kill and defend your allies, go Immortal Jugg. At the very least you'll want the grit teeth tactical, descent of the fearless armor set with DPS mods / enhancements, and a personal shield generator. Understand with Immortal you'll do mediocre damage since you're a tank, but with grit teeth you'll be incredibly hard to kill so you should be able to outlast most of your opponents. In the hands of an experienced player a "skank tank" Immortal Juggernaut is currently OP.

If you want to focus on killing your enemies, go Vengeance or Rage. If DPS is your choice, I'd recommend learning Vengeance first. Vengeance is a dot spec, but it's damage is pretty front loaded and it parses very close to what Rage does. It's also more forgiving for the player because you get 4 seconds of cc immunity after leap from the brawn passive built into the spec. I recommend choosing the utility unstoppable so you have complete cc immunity for 4 seconds after you land after force leap when paired with brawn.

There is an incredible amount of cc in this game in the form of roots and slows especially from ranged classes. Not to mention accuracy debuffs from ranged and melee classes. Rage is susceptible to all of this since it doesn't have immunity to cc after force leap.

A large amount of being successful in pvp is knowing what other classes can do to you, and what tools you have in your kit to be able to counter it. Knowledge of other classes, their rotations, and their burst windows is critical if you want to survive on DPS Jugg, and absolutely essential to play Rage in PvP. So:

1) Select a spec

2) Learn what gear is best for you and which mods are best in slot for your class.

3) Master your rotation so you can do it without looking.

4) PvP. Practice and see what other classes can do to you.

5) Learn how to control fights. As a Jugg you have a solid amount of control with ravage root, freezing force, force choke, force push, and intimidating roar.

In my opinion, the game is pretty well balanced right now. Every class approaches the razor's edge of OP and balanced. The problem isn't really Juggs ability to do damage or survive in a 1v1 scenario, it's that you need an inordinate amount of game knowledge to be able to enter PvP and get the same results as a Merc or AP PT player of equal skill. Juggernauts lack an effective anti-focus ability, so they're very susceptible to focus fire from multiple opponents. This applies less to Immortal, as you can just hit invincible and keep cycling ED if you use your defensives / cc / and break an enemies line of sight to stay alive for a very, very long time. You also have to learn to keep enemies within melee range which can be challenging.

Some classes are better equipped to facetank everything (merc) or have a ton of self heals, sustain, and get out of jail free cards. (Ops, snipers, mercs, sorcs, marauders, assassins). You get used to it.

Even as a DPS Jugg, once you learn your class well and how to respond to the enemy, you'll find that you can go toe to toe with most classes. Be relentless at all times. Melee isn't for the faint of heart in this game.

Also, keep in mind the game is undergoing massive changes in December. Depending on what the devs do this class may be destroyed. The version of DPS Jugg on the PTS is unplayable in PvP. Immortal is mostly intact, and would be the better choice in 7.0.

Edited by Dyne-

• 3 weeks later...

Juggernaut isn't "trash" in pvp, the class its self is not very good in ranked dps games because the dcds were designed for 2.0 meta lol. However, in h/t games jugg can be very strong whether tanking or dpsing. Jugg brings great utility to tank/heal games as dps such as; good juggs with grit teeth are hard to kill in t/h, extra force bound potential on top of jugg tank, insane cleave potential with cut to pieces on vengeance, hard hitting swaps with rage jugg, two force pushes to set up kills, cancer for healers to get rid of when being tunneled, two force chokes, two thrown gauntlet utilities. Jugg is incredibly strong in t/h games when played correctly. But other than that the class is rather doodoo because the dcds suck.

Edited by Xerekfell

Spec Immortal and then run all damage mods with Grit Teeth tactical. You're an unkillable god that does more damage than most DPS classes.

Nope nope nope. Please no more tanks who are there to be less squishy dps. Tanks have a separate role much like healers, which is to guardswap and taunt, which is why they have a separate role in matchmaking. If you aren't willing to do that just play vengeance or rage with grit teeth. Neither will really die in regs unless you're fighting like 5 people at once.

Immortal seems dull to me so I never went there but I've run both Vengeance and Rage and have done better with latter, and find its play style/burst effects way more fun. Not sure about how it'll hold up with 7.0 tho. Edited by Aghasett

Nope nope nope. Please no more tanks who are there to be less squishy dps. Tanks have a separate role much like healers, which is to guardswap and taunt, which is why they have a separate role in matchmaking. If you aren't willing to do that just play vengeance or rage with grit teeth. Neither will really die in regs unless you're fighting like 5 people at once.

you can perfectly fill that role as skank. and i assume you have never seen decent dps in regs. i bet you play on star forge.

you can perfectly fill that role as skank. and i assume you have never seen decent dps in regs. i bet you play on star forge.

did you read his post or what? he clearly wants to discourage skanking for being a broken side-effect of terrible balancing on BW's part. at no point in his post does even insinuate that a skank cannot taunt, guard, swap, etc.

although now that you mention SF, about 50% of the tank spec juggs/guardians don't guard or guard swap. about 25% of them don't even taunt. they're literally tank spec for the DCDs while also churning out dps numbers that are near the top of every WZ.

the funniest part of that is seeing juggs who I know are veng/rage pulling more prot than the skanks. meanwhile, some scrub veng threw a guard on his healer in a reg arena for a match that was 1 heal/3dps vs. 1 heal 3dps (no tank specs). then when the other team had 3v1 with the healer up and no one under 80% hp, he swapped his guard form the healer to the sniper (the sniper could have 1v2's anyone on the other team) :rolleyes:

and yes, ~50% of players playing a spec without doing the basic protection skills (taunt/guard) is a huge problem for the game. I feel like mother trixxie here, but really. it's just incredibly dumb.

and telling someone to run force bound in regs. I mean. really dude. do you just go around looking for oil pipelines you can cut open where they pass through a forest or something? have some concern for the greater good.

Edited by CheesyEZ

did you read his post or what? he clearly wants to discourage skanking for being a broken side-effect of terrible balancing on BW's part. at no point in his post does even insinuate that a skank cannot taunt, guard, swap, etc.

although now that you mention SF, about 50% of the tank spec juggs/guardians don't guard or guard swap. about 25% of them don't even taunt. they're literally tank spec for the DCDs while also churning out dps numbers that are near the top of every WZ.

the funniest part of that is seeing juggs who I know are veng/rage pulling more prot than the skanks. meanwhile, some scrub veng threw a guard on his healer in a reg arena for a match that was 1 heal/3dps vs. 1 heal 3dps (no tank specs). then when the other team had 3v1 with the healer up and no one under 80% hp, he swapped his guard form the healer to the sniper (the sniper could have 1v2's anyone on the other team) :rolleyes:

and yes, ~50% of players playing a spec without doing the basic protection skills (taunt/guard) is a huge problem for the game. I feel like mother trixxie here, but really. it's just incredibly dumb.

and telling someone to run force bound in regs. I mean. really dude. do you just go around looking for oil pipelines you can cut open where they pass through a forest or something? have some concern for the greater good.

he asked whats best ....