Are movement impairing effects / other effects put on you additive?

afwhoefuwov

Hi all. This may sound super noob but are effects like slow additive? I'm not talking about CC because you can only put one on at a time, or attack that buffs you. I didnt have this occur to me in warzones, even if I did, things are kinda too cluster to test (CC fest).

Say a Sorc puts Force Slow on you, you're slowed by 50% for 6 sec. If another Sorc puts another slow on you at the same time, will you be slowed by another 50%, aka you move like snail? If you have 3 Sorc use Force Slow at the same time, then..... :confused: 150% slow = cant move so like a root?. I ask because while testing on the Warzone dummy on my Mara, I notice on the Dummy debuff tray that I can put multiple slows: one from Force Crush, one from Force Charge. Not sure if this is a combine slow or not.

On the same note, Taunt causes player to deal 30% less damage when attack any other than you. So hypothetically, if you have 4 different players taunt 1 player, will that taunted player deal 120% less damage when attack any other than the 4? So no damage at all?.

What about similar effects like the 20% Healing debuff from Tank Jugg? If you have 6 Tank Jugg use Slash/Sweeping Slash on 1 player, then can the Healer still heal?

Edited by afwhoefuwov

• 2 weeks later...

Slows are not combined additively or multiplicatively, they are combined using a "winner take all" which just means if you put 10 50% slows on someone, they are slowed by 50%. If they are then affected by a 75% slow then now they are slowed by 75%.

Force Crush is noteworthy because the last second or so is a 90% slow, which is so slow it might as well be a root. Force Charge does not slow, but it does immobilize. Of course, if you root a slowed target, then they can't move.

So any target can have multiple slows and roots on it but only the strongest effect happens. Speed boosts for a player also use the same system.

For taunts, the damage reduction due to taunting does not stack (I have not tested it but it would be silly if it did). However, if you're taunted by 2 different players, then you'll deal 70% damage to all targets, including to both of the players who taunted you.

Trauma almost certainly does not stack at all, if I had to guess.