1.2 New armor models!

Iwipe

Apparently asking for an official response on the origin of the design of the current gear belongs in this thread i disagree but its not my choice, so i will repost here.

"Keeping all personal feelings out of this post, just a simple request to the Devs. Can we please have some kind of official post explaining the direction the design team went in while creating the 1.2 armor sets? I feel that some explanation on the inspiration or concept they were going for would greatly quell the flaming and just general confusion of the gear sets being shown on the PTS right now. Thank you for any official response, and constructive feedback that this thread can create.

Example: Luke's great great great Granpappy liked to where large bowl like helmets."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this wasn't a Star Wars game, I would approve. I would've never guessed that these sets of armor came from a Star Wars game.

It makes me sick to my stomach to look at these. No, really. I love Star Wars, but this...wow...just speechless now.

Apparently asking for an official response on the origin of the design of the current gear belongs in this thread i disagree but its not my choice, so i will repost here.

"Keeping all personal feelings out of this post, just a simple request to the Devs. Can we please have some kind of official post explaining the direction the design team went in while creating the 1.2 armor sets? I feel that some explanation on the inspiration or concept they were going for would greatly quell the flaming and just general confusion of the gear sets being shown on the PTS right now. Thank you for any official response, and constructive feedback that this thread can create.

Example: Luke's great great great Granpappy liked to where large bowl like helmets."

Apparently their inspiration for headgear derives from strainers, pots, bike helmets, and the occasional saturday morning nick jr cartoon.

Im getting seriously annoyed. We have ops running around with wings sticking out of the sides of their heads. We have Juggernauts that look like they got molested by the a japanese designed robot. inquistors that look like they are evil chicken hybrids, horned fruitcakes, or archbishops gone wrong, and bounty hunters that got ripped straight out of the alien movies.

The second set of gear is even worse.

Seriously. All of you in the art department. Go watch a star wars movie. Not the prequels. Never the prequels. If you cant find inspiration there, go watch a sci fi movie... or play a sci fi game... Good lord, theres even a stealth suit in Fallout 3 (post apocolyptic on a completely different timeline and they hit the mark closer than you.)

Ugh.

I swear. I cannot believe I have to get mad about gear.

Time to herd the art department back onto the short bus for a field trip to the movies.

If this wasn't a Star Wars game, I would approve. I would've never guessed that these sets of armor came from a Star Wars game.

It makes me sick to my stomach to look at these. No, really. I love Star Wars, but this...wow...just speechless now.

Yes. I agree.

I started to play this game because I like star wars and I want my characters to wear like star wars movies. If my characters can't wear like that, there are lots of other games to play.

Yes, I found some nice looking gears in the game. I appreciate that. However most of gears including patch 1.2 have weird things.... like spikes, horns, big halloween hat, etc... I guess that's the parts designers put effort, but please don't waste your time. People only appreciate star wars look. If BW wants to put something crazy looking, please please add them into the social gear series. Some people may want it but not for main stream gear progression and end game contents.

Lots of people have allergy with non-star wars looking. Because this is the star wars game.

Whoa seriously just fire this person already and get a real armor designer. My level 10 gear looks better than most all the end game pvp armor, you know why? Because I dont look like some joke form of a clown or space chicken.

Big spikey shoulder pads and gloves = not epic armor. I think you guys at bioware need to watch the movies some more and read some of the books, as opposed to pulling armor from WoW.

QFT!! The armour design is hideous and takes far too much from WoW. This is one of those cases where simplicity does a better job of giving an epic feeling, especially within the Star Wars context. Spikey / pointy shoulders are not cool.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

QFT!! The armour design is hideous and takes far too much from WoW. This is one of those cases where simplicity does a better job of giving an epic feeling, especially within the Star Wars context. Spikey / pointy shoulders are not cool.

QFE

/this is not the armor you are looking for.

Rant Mode on:

Ok. Im really trying to here.... trying to be mature, and adult like. After all, this is just a game, its not like Im being forced to play it. I get that... I really do. However.....

Holy mother of all that walks, crawls, fly's, and teleports throughout the universe. What blind, comatose, flea infested fingerless artist designed the look on the Imperial Agent gear?

I mean comon. What in the nine levels of Kardasian Torture is that on the agents pve set? A mayan head dress? Seriously people, how in (censored) can you possibly (censored) justify this monkey poo flinging garbage as end level gear? Ive seen blind homeless people dress better.

Whoever is running the art department needs to be beaten. Severely. Tar and Featherd, and tied up, placed on the back end of a donkey, and ridden through the town center in abject shame.

For the love of all that is holy, could you possibly design a set of gear that looks like it belongs on an agent, rather than some designers five year old kid, who runs around his back yard with a strainer on his head, bike goggles on, and plastic picnic plates taped to his body.

There arent enough insults in the world to properly degrade this set of gear, that dont use a creative mix of profanity.

Rant Mode Off.

In short. I dont like them.

Wish I could write like you.

Btw here's an interesting article on TOR end gear: clicky

Wow the armor looks really bad. I am particularly disappointed in the Knight PVP gear for the republic. Yikes, that is horrible looking. I'm a hundred percent certain that a starwars fan artist could do a better job.

so, yea Han Solo would rather die than wear the new smuggler gear.

this reminds me of the redesign of the T2 in another game (WoW) and how I was looking for more gear on my warrior until I saw the Axe helm...

In short I didn't raid again until TBC.

I think BioWare saw the Tread and is starting to realise that we dont like the new end gear.

I think they are not concerned about it because in 1.2, you can take the mods off and put it in ORANGE GEAR.

I don't mind that end game gear is ugly.

I prefer BioWare to invest in ORANGE GEAR.

This way, not every player will look the same and you can have a lot of orange gear to choose from. And you can convert normal gear to orange gear with crew skills.

I think it solves the problem.

So now, BioWare has to add new orange gear so we can have a geater variety and your looks will be pretty unique! :) (L)

Love the idea of promoting orange gear BioWare!

I love you!

and seriously why does the war hero armor sets not need the war hero valor rank. they just killed the whole point of valor. seeing no pvp gear even has valor requirement anymore from what i reading. they might as well remove the all valor system Edited by Kyuuu

and seriously why does the war hero armor sets not need the war hero valor rank. they just killed the whole point of valor. seeing no pvp gear even has valor requirement anymore from what i reading. they might as well remove the all valor system

the goal of the pvp is not get armor for walk around in the station.... it's to fight and be the best there, the ranking system is there for that. the equipement mustn't be a limitation of the gameplay in pvp. only the skill of the people playing.

it's why the War Hero set don't need the War Hero Valor rank

I wonder who at BioWare actually approves designs such as these?

Imperial Agent PvE - The I want a Fake Mustache Outfit.

Jedi Consular PvE - The Pyjamas Party outfit.

Smuggler PvE - The Stupid Bum outifit.

I must say in the 20 odd years ive been playing computer games i have never ever seen such ugly and un-inspiring gear in ANY RPG-like game.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content