Qyzen Fess Romance For Consular

Antonfourteen

I don't usually ask for individual romances but seeing as Khem Val became a romance option for the Sith Inquisitor in 5.10, isn't it only fair that the Inquisitor's mirror class, the Jedi Consular, should get a Qyzen Fess romance option too? Not to mention Qyzen is Khem's mirror companion for the Consular as they were both the early game Tanks before the companions role changes. Some may say Khem only became romanceable because of the bond between him and the Inquisitor but Qyzen sees the Consular as pretty much a demigod, as the 'Herald of the Scorekeeper' and is very protective over the Consular so it shows his bond too.

Personally, Qyzen is the only companion on the Consular story I find remotely interesting due to Trandoshans being my favourite Star Wars race and I enjoy hearing about Trandoshan lore (plus he looks pretty cool). Tharan just wants to talk about his hologirl Holiday and off-screen inventions, Felix is the generic soldier companion like Rusk and Pierce who talk about their military career (yawn), Zenith is an angry rebel/politician and Nadia is the naive Padawan who can get kinda annoying. So I end up using Qyzen for pretty much the entire story.

My female Miraluka Sage and Qyzen would make such a cute couple so please let us romance him Devs :D Maybe through an alliance alert on Odessen if we recruited him on Hoth. Of course it should be Consular's only since it wouldn't make sense as any other class.

I think they should remove all romances from the game. Then it'll be fair for everybody.

That is one solution but romance has always been a big part of Bioware games for character development and story. So I highly doubt that will ever happen.

I only think it makes sense if the Consular and Inquisitor are mirror classes, surely they should both have the same opportunity with their mirror tank companion for romance instead of just one.

....I don't see the species compatibility. Also Trandoshans don't strike me as the wining and dining type. Just a guess, but they probably have a mating season then go their separate ways. I bet they even lay eggs.

I'm just saying Khem Val.... :eek:

....I don't see the species compatibility. Also Trandoshans don't strike me as the wining and dining type. Just a guess, but they probably have a mating season then go their separate ways. I bet they even lay eggs.

Why not? When romancing Kira as an alien Jedi Knight, she mentions how they probably won't be compatible due to genetics yet you still can romance her anyway.

And like Batwer said, Khem Val, the force eating monster, is a romance... So why would a Lizard-man be such a far-fetched idea for a romance at this point? Lol.

Yeah, TBH after Khem Val nothing would surprise me anymore. I still can't believe that wasn't just the devs playing a practical joke.

Same, even now I am still surprised by it LOL. Honestly I would like them to focus on building on the current romances they already have rather than adding a bunch of new ones.

On a side note just for fun, one thing I think would be cool, not really a request, but it would be cool if you could start romances with the love interests from other classes...So like a sith assassin romancing torian the mandalorian dude, or something like that.

Edited by Jesira

Same, even now I am still surprised by it LOL. Honestly I would like them to focus on building on the current romances they already have rather than adding a bunch of new ones.

On a side note just for fun, one thing I think would be cool, not really a request, but it would be cool if you could start romances with the love interests from other classes...So like a sith assassin romancing torian the mandalorian dude, or something like that.

I feel like it has to be a joke...did romancing Khem Val break up any other romance, I wonder?

I'm a little surprised that they didn't add that with the companions who returned during KOTFE. It would have been an opportunity for those four (Vette, Torian, Aric, Kaliyo) to become available to other classes.

On the other hand you really don't have the time to get to know them the way you do in the class stories, so maybe a romance option would have been too abrupt. I'm not a fan of the way they added the very quick "wait, I actually love you!" 'romances' with Nadia, Jaesa and some of the others; if there's to be a romance I'd like it to have some build up and some substance other than a brief two minute cut scene that leads nowhere.

I'd also like them to concentrate on what they have instead of adding new romances. Everyone needs more LI screen time. On the other hand we have a huge deficit in F/F romance options in the game so it would be nice to have at least one or two more. All of my toons have to romance the same companion, and while I just adore her, it would be nice if a few of them could have a different wife, LOL.

I'm not sure that Qyzen would be into it. I'm replaying my Consular's story and I got to a conversation with him where she has a chance to ask him about settling down once things calm down, to have a family and such. He tells her that the only thing he is interested in is hunting.

I'm not sure that Qyzen would be into it. I'm replaying my Consular's story and I got to a conversation with him where she has a chance to ask him about settling down once things calm down, to have a family and such. He tells her that the only thing he is interested in is hunting.

True but that was in context to having children or "hatchlings" as he calls them. He never said anything about objecting to having a partner.

Besides he might have changed his mind years later after the Eternal Empire conflict, Khem Val did after all.

I'm not AGAINST it, per se, but I would find it odd. I find the Khem Val romance odd, too, if you're wondering. But maybe that's why Bioware would add something like this. Because it's odd.

I do see some questions Bioware would have to overcome:

1) Qyzen may grow to love the Consular, but never as much as he loves the Scorekeeper and the Hunt. I'm not sure a humanoid species needing to be truly loved would want to settle for third place in her partner's heart. Or would male Consulars be able to romance Qyzen also, because as far as I can tell, Khem 'swing both ways,' too.

2) Qyzen views the Consular as the Herald of the Scorekeeper. Would that make romancing the Consular, some kind of heresy? A severe affront to the Trandoshan goddess? Or no? If you're going to say no, don't just say it because you want to see this happen so badly.

3) Whether or not Qyzen would ever like to have children, would the Consular? Are children even possible between a reptilian and a mammalian species? I know it happened in V, the old 1980's miniseries and the spinoff series, so this isn't as big a hurdle.

Maybe these points are not insurmountable, but Bioware would need to address them.

... or would they, given that they just stuck the Khem Val romance in there without any "but what about?" 's. :rolleyes:

I'm not AGAINST it, per se, but I would find it odd. I find the Khem Val romance odd, too, if you're wondering. But maybe that's why Bioware would add something like this. Because it's odd.

I do see some questions Bioware would have to overcome:

1) Qyzen may grow to love the Consular, but never as much as he loves the Scorekeeper and the Hunt. I'm not sure a humanoid species needing to be truly loved would want to settle for third place in her partner's heart. Or would male Consulars be able to romance Qyzen also, because as far as I can tell, Khem 'swing both ways,' too.

2) Qyzen views the Consular as the Herald of the Scorekeeper. Would that make romancing the Consular, some kind of heresy? A severe affront to the Trandoshan goddess? Or no? If you're going to say no, don't just say it because you want to see this happen so badly.

3) Whether or not Qyzen would ever like to have children, would the Consular? Are children even possible between a reptilian and a mammalian species? I know it happened in V, the old 1980's miniseries and the spinoff series, so this isn't as big a hurdle.

Maybe these points are not insurmountable, but Bioware would need to address them.

... or would they, given that they just stuck the Khem Val romance in there without any "but what about?" 's. :rolleyes:

You make good points, it certainly would be a complicated relationship without these questions answered.

For 1, I'd say Qyzen definitely values the Scorekeeper and Hunting most of all due to his Trandoshan beliefs but I certainly see no reason for why he couldn't just as equally value the Consular as his mate as long as the Consular continued the 'Hunt' together by journeying and killing enemies which is what they do throughout the vanilla story. Especially since the Consular helps him regain his points after he got captured on Tython. But then again, it's just speculation.

As for male Consulars, I have no idea. Every new romance so far has allowed same-gender relationships so I guess they would.

For 2, it's a debatable question. On one hand, it could indeed be seen as heresy but on the other hand it could be seen as an honour to Qyzen that the Herald themselves had picked Qyzen, of all Trandoshans, to be their worldly partner. It would need further explaining in the lore.

And for 3, children has never really been mentioned by the Consular as far as I'm aware. Even when romancing a genetically compatible LI such as Felix, Theron or Lana, having children is never mentioned so I guess it's just up for speculation again.

I'm sure these questions could be answered if the lore was expanded on but we only have speculation. Even with Khem Val's romance it was kind of a quick lore explanation with him needing to "perform rituals to Mistress Death" in order to give his feelings over to the Inquisitor.

After the Khem Val romance, the sky is the limit.

In a universe where a Hutt dated a Pa'lowick, the sky should be the limit!

Personally, I enjoyed Khem's romance. I've always felt he and the Inquisitor develop a deep and meaningful relationship and having them formalize it made perfect sense. I don't get the same feeling of attachment from Qyzen and the Consular though.

In a universe where a Hutt dated a Pa'lowick, the sky should be the limit!

Personally, I enjoyed Khem's romance. I've always felt he and the Inquisitor develop a deep and meaningful relationship and having them formalize it made perfect sense. I don't get the same feeling of attachment from Qyzen and the Consular though.

I know I got choked up with emotion every time Khem said he wanted to kill my character. It was so romantic! Every time Khem threatened my SI, I just knew he really meant he loved her. It was so deep and meaningful! :p

I'm just messing with you. Seriously though, towards the end of the SI story, Khem really did seem to respect them whereas Qyzen seems more like he reveres the JC. Respect is there but it's buried in the view that the JC is the Herald of the Scorekeeper.

Besides, you know what Trandoshans give to their mates? Wookiee pelts. Do you really want Qyzen to give you a Wookiee pelt?

Besides, you know what Trandoshans give to their mates? Wookiee pelts. Do you really want Qyzen to give you a Wookiee pelt?

That's ANOTHER good point. A LS Jedi Consular would see wookiees as more humanoid than animal, despite their semi-******* nature; and as valuable allies. They would not see them as merely prey to hunt. Qyzen is utterly unable to conceptualize that; it's made clear in his personal companion story line that wookiees are "worth many jagganath points." In fact, he does try to give the Consular a wookiee pelt during his companion story line.

In fact, Bioware completely dropped the ball on a potential bit of story involving the Alliance alerts for Qyzen and Bowdaar. Both can be recruited by anyone. Qyzen and Bowdaar would probably not get along, and there was potential for some story material there. It would be all that the Alliance staff could do to keep Qyzen and his stalkers away from Bowdaar.

EDIT: Why does the website auto-bleep the word best + ial? It means, like a beast in nature.

Edited by HollyUSEC

Sure. I mean, I'd rather have Zenith, but I'd take Qyzen.

The Consular's companions include a wounded bad boy, a charming rogue, and a giant lizard.

All of whom would be better romantic partners than Felix 'Dishwater' Iresso...

(Why is there no option to reject Iresso's return? Why?)

Personally it's not really a big issue for me. I mean what will the Inquisitor be getting from Khem Val gift-wise? Champagne and roast dinner? I highly doubt it.

Qyzen would mean well giving a wookiee pelt but it would boil down to how the Consular reacts to it. First option to accept it, Second option not really bothered/question it and third option to reject it (which presumably would end the romance).

All of whom would be better romantic partners than Felix 'Dishwater' Iresso...

(Why is there no option to reject Iresso's return? Why?)

Because Felix is one of the best characters and romances in the game, actually. :p Refreshingly mature and low-drama, he's the antidote to many of the usual tropes employed in writing support characters.

Of all the dark-sided things one could possibly do, rejecting someone after years of torture is fairly high up there. Hoping to be at your side again is probably the only thing that kept him sane; I feel like cutting him loose would be the action of a monster. Where's he supposed to go? Who's going to help him find a place and meaning in life again? I simply cannot understand anyone who would turn him away.

Plus the consular already gets a fairly rough deal on companion screen-time from KotFE onwards. Every companion given a rejection or kill option seems less likely to turn up again, and consulars actually deserve their companions to get more attention going forwards.

As regards the actual topic, different strokes for different folks, but I would have absolutely zero interest in this. More attention for the consular's existing romances instead, please. :) Especially Felix. :D

Edited by Estelindis

Because Felix is one of the best characters and romances in the game, actually. :p Refreshingly mature and low-drama, he's the antidote to many of the usual tropes employed in writing support characters.

Of all the dark-sided things one could possibly do, rejecting someone after years of torture is fairly high up there. Hoping to be at your side again is probably the only thing that kept him sane; I feel like cutting him loose would be the action of a monster. Where's he supposed to go? Who's going to help him find a place and meaning in life again? I simply cannot understand anyone who would turn him away.

Plus the consular already gets a fairly rough deal on companion screen-time from KotFE onwards. Every companion given a rejection or kill option seems less likely to turn up again, and consulars actually deserve their companions to get more attention going forwards.

As regards the actual topic, different strokes for different folks, but I would have absolutely zero interest in this. More attention for the consular's existing romances instead, please. :) Especially Felix. :D

Fair enough, personally for me Felix's romance is just kinda bland but then again I also find Nadia's romance too. I think they should definitely expand on ongoing romances but I would definitely like to see Qyzen become an option in the future for the Consular, especially since he's the only Consular companion I really use and find interesting.