SW:TOR PvP is LAGvCC

OpenSorce

Its often not very hard to tell ho plays what classes or who plays melee versus ranged by thier take on the matter, but here the thing, CC IS part of PvP, in every game, you cant just throw it our or minimize it.

The tricky part to this is that there are many forms of CC, and they are not all created equal and do not all accrue in the same way. Hard stuns, mezzes, slows, are all not considered the same things, nor should they be really, but if your going to have something like resolve thats supposed to make you immune to such things then it should make you immune to all of them at a certain point.

Now i do agree that the diminishing returns on this are perhaps a little too slow and that a person can be hit with too many "types" of CC in sequence, resolve should kick in a little sooner as a result of the cumulative effects, but thats the only change i think is truly necessary.

Control of the opponent is a critical part of some play styles, as are slows and keeping opponents at range others... if you wwipe it all out you wipe out the viability of such classes and specs.

• 4 weeks later...

In fairness, I have to say...

So I rolled a Scoundrel. Stealthy, a few CCs, lots of fun. My opinion of CC has evolved. It's an integral part of PvP that helps keep some classes from being OP and all classes from being homogenized. It only took a decade, but I see the point :-P

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just impressed the OP made it back to this thread to comment 10 years later after someone else necro'd.

It was in my bookmarks from back then. Pulled them up when I decided to come check the game out again. Also, I'm pretty sure I necro'd it :-P