Remove /stuck from SR

varietasplus

• 8 months later...

Well this is a late response but true that.  I really really DISLIKE quitters. It sucks being on a team that loses the 1st round and the suicides the next round and loses it for you. It's even WORSE when they quit earlier. 

I've been on teams that don't even wait the long to quit. They just suicide after looking at the other team. 3 vs 4? Suicide  low IR? Suicide.  Unbalanced roles? Suicide.  Some of my teams gave up before the fight even started. And they should be penalized!!!!! How do you know if it's a lose without trying? YOU DON'T! Just a little effort and maybe we could have won. Quitting is a certain loss. We should at least put up a fight.

I NEVER ever suicided in a match before and I never will. If I'm gonna lose, I'll at least make them work for it. I'm not gonna give away free wins if they don't work for it. Win or lose, I'll do my best and give them some resistance. Because this is PvP, even the worst player should do better than a NPC or a training dummy. So, against me, wins are not a hand out . The other team should have to earn their wins 

I hate quitters even more than I hate losers. Given the choice, I'd take a less talented player who tries over the best player who gives up. Because a team is more than just 1 man. It's a contribution from everyone. We are only as strong as our weaknest links so if 1 man quits, we all suffer. That's why you don't see anyone winning 1 vs 4. A team needs everyone to do their part. So, if anyone gives up we all lose because of his decision. 

So, I agree with you. Players that use the Suicide command need to be punished.  They absolutely need a no-que time  I'd kick them for a day to a week depending on how early they quit. And this goes for all of their characters.  An entire legacy que block. And like you said, don't let them play anything else on groupfinder either. A time out is only the start of a fitting punishment. Id  also implemente a depletion on credits and Valor rank. Sadly quitters aren't punished enough.

So, that's just my opinion on the matter. I agree that players should be punished for suicide in pvp. But again, it's not our decision so we can't do much about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, colbymattice said:

Players that use the Suicide command need to be punished.  They absolutely need a no-que time  I'd kick them for a day to a week depending on how early they quit. And this goes for all of their characters.  An entire legacy que block. And like you said, don't let them play anything else on groupfinder either. A time out is only the start of a fitting punishment. Id  also implemente a depletion on credits and Valor rank.

In my opinion that is both way too harsh and not easy to implement. I've been in matches where I got literally stuck in a rock because of a force push. The opposing team could not attack me and I could do nothing to them. In the end I was the only one left on my team. Should I have waited for the timer to run out and waste everyone's time? No, I /stuck it to move things along. This is not easily distinguished from a "quitter stuck", so I'd be locked out of any group content in an MMO for a week, plus a depletion of credits and valor? It would just not be a good way to go about this, imo. 

Well, maybe not those exact numbers. We can tone it down a bit. But I don't think there should be no punishment. "/stuck" is not something players should rely on just to move to the next match. If you're actually stuck, type it. But if you just want to die, the kill command should not be abused. So, I do believe we should do something more than the current punishment. So, I still stand by updating the punishment but, realistically my original words may be a bit excessive. So, we should at least work on something.

But maybe if they adjusted that command in PvP to how it's like on planets. If /stuck just moved you somewhere else like how it normally does, that could help people that are actually stuck. That's how it usually works when you're not in combat. But in combat it kills you. So, perhaps if they got rid of the self-killing mechanism and made it something that actually unstucks you, that might be better. The only problem is the part where it autokills your player. That's what is overused in PvP. The point is to actually fight other players, not /stuck and kill yourself. Players should actually have to fight.

Of course, this is easier said than done but it's a problem that should be addressed. It'd be better to do something about quitters trying to avoid fighting. For example, if /stuck moved you to the spawn, then you wouldn't be stuck but, that could be bad because it can be used to run away. But another example could be moving the player to their last location before they got stuck. Unstucking a player could be done without death. 

If one dont want to fight for any reason,why cant they stuck? I mean,ppl that stuck would probably just not fight at all,and let the other group kill em anyway. Theres nothing we can do about it . And I kinda understand some ppl who stuck in pvp when they get a group of really undergeared players or something like that.

This is a dumb suggestion. Often times in arenas you get matched against a premade with 3 undergeared people who have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. I think it’s totally reasonable for me to just stuck that match (or at least stuck the second round after getting slaughtered in round one). 

I guess you are just solving the wrong problem if you want to punish people for leaving or stucking. This is a game, if one does not enjoy it, they should be allowed to leave no matter what.

After all the single legit way of enforcing at least a little etiquette was to add proper admin overwatch, but since this costs money it will not happen. So split queues and remove all punishment as least invasive action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VegaMist said:

Just wondering, is there a technical reason /stuck has to result in suicide rather than just "unstuck" one if they are legitimately "stuck"?

Because, obviously, it would be used improperly by certain exploit-prone type players  within certain WZ/Arena circumstances.

Of course, one could argue this happens still anyways lol , but hey lesser of 2 evils i suppose. ;)

Edited by Nee-Elder

Its an edge case but I was watching a match where there was some beef going on between some of the players, once one side had killed all but one of the other team they left the last person (who had no idea what was going on) alive so they could flag and emote on the people they'd killed

Once the the person they had left alive worked out what was going on they had to stuck to stop the match

So there needs to be some way of ending a match that has gone toxic

6 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Because, obviously, it would be used improperly by certain exploit-prone type players  within certain WZ/Arena circumstances.

Of course, one could argue this happens still anyways lol , but hey lesser of 2 evils i suppose. ;)

How? If all it did was unstuck you in case you got legitimately stuck (which happened to me more than once in warzones - fortunately so far, not in arenas), and did nothing if you're not, there wouldn't be much room to exploit it. I'm assuming there is a technical limitation - as someone who messaged me privately pointed out "if actually /unstuck was possible, it would exist".

Edited by VegaMist

15 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

I'm assuming there is a technical limitation - as someone who messaged me privately pointed out "if actually /unstuck was possible, it would exist".

Not sure who is PM'ing you but they are incorrect.

The  /stuck command used to work to re-locate ( same way it does in open-world outside of WZ's ) , so there certainly isn't any supposed "technical limitation" .

BioWare has adjusted the command for WZ's at various points over the years, to where we are now.

Here's a couple old threads about it, if you're bored:  ( 2012 & 2022 )

9 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Not sure who is PM'ing you but they are incorrect.

The  /stuck command used to work to re-locate ( same way it does in open-world outside of WZ's ) , so there certainly isn't any supposed "technical limitation" .

BioWare has adjusted the command for WZ's at various points over the years, to where we are now.

Here's a couple old threads about it, if you're bored:  ( 2012 & 2022 )

That's interesting. Being moved "5 meters" would definitely be a better experience vs suicide we have now as long as it worked properly meaning a) moving you slightly would actually get you unstuck (vs the bug some in those threads described), b) it would not work on stuns, and c) it would move you to the med center if you were thrown off the bridge in Voidstar and rather than being killed, as you are supposed to in that case, you landed in full health and climbing the walls is not an option.

6 hours ago, VegaMist said:

That's interesting. Being moved "5 meters" would definitely be a better experience vs suicide we have now as long as it worked properly meaning a) moving you slightly would actually get you unstuck (vs the bug some in those threads described), b) it would not work on stuns, and c) it would move you to the med center if you were thrown off the bridge in Voidstar and rather than being killed, as you are supposed to in that case, you landed in full health and climbing the walls is not an option.

Jump of the bridge on orbital, /stuck back up. It has to kill.

6 hours ago, VegaMist said:

Worse than what? I'm not sure you understood what I wrote. Or perhaps I don't understand what you're talking about.

doesn't matter where /stuck puts you, it would still be a defensive tool and it would be used as such - however, the longer the distance the more powerful it is. It is not a solution, /stuck has to kill, no way around it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 9:30 PM, AwesomeTacoCat said:

This is a dumb suggestion. Often times in arenas you get matched against a premade with 3 undergeared people who have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. I think it’s totally reasonable for me to just stuck that match (or at least stuck the second round after getting slaughtered in round one). 

Well in my opinion this still shouldn't mean giving up. It's not so much of a difference if it's 1 on 4 or 1 on 1, either way, you should try your best. Being outnumbered isn't a good enough reason to give up. If I lose, then a lose but at least I went down fighting. And it wouldn't be that much of a time loss either. Maybe I would get killed in seconds but you don't know until you try and maybe winning is still possible by some miracle. Winning is always possible, so it may be unlikely but not impossible. So, I'm not saying that you're wrong, you may think what you want. But that's a losing mentality. "Don't judge a book by its cover". 

On 1/29/2023 at 7:31 PM, DougTheNoob said:

If one dont want to fight for any reason,why cant they stuck? I mean,ppl that stuck would probably just not fight at all,and let the other group kill em anyway. Theres nothing we can do about it . And I kinda understand some ppl who stuck in pvp when they get a group of really undergeared players or something like that.

As for this response, I see your point. It might just be better to leave this command because if the players are afk, then they might as well be dead. So, I understand that stucking is less bad than not playing but playing would be the best option. But in theory, they could implement some kind of afk timer. Gsf has one that's ok, so it could be something like that. 

• Haha 1