Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

Raansu
05.19.2021 , 10:10 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
And realistically, how many people know how to do this or would bother to do it. We are talking a small percentage of players at best, usually undesirables that are likely to use speed hacks or other methods to cheat in the game.
Maybe Bioware could do something about those players with permanent bans instead of penalising players who’ve done nothing wrong.
Its easier than you think, and I'd bet more people would abuse it than you think they would, especially given how frequent leavers were before the lockout was added.

TrixxieTriss
05.19.2021 , 10:52 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Its easier than you think, and I'd bet more people would abuse it than you think they would, especially given how frequent leavers were before the lockout was added.
I know it’s not overly difficult, but neither are a lot of things in this game. You give to much credit thinking players in this game would know how or could be bothered. Half don’t even know how to gear up or use DCDs.

I’m sure you’d get ranked players who’d use it in ranked if it stopped them losing ELO or they were wintrading. But I doubt you’d have causal pvpers doing it in regs.

The easy solution is removing the lock out for regs or at least modifying it in ways I’ve previously suggested. The lockout hasn’t really stopped people rage quitting regs as far as I can see. Every match still has people leave or back fill. All it’s really doing (in its current form) is stopping people from wanting to pvp.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

ALaggyGrunt
05.20.2021 , 04:08 PM | #83
Quote:
People weren't staying in matches to get their faces stepped on, how do we keep them in matches to get their faces stepped on and how do we keep them from going afk in a corner?
You don't.

You don't ask this question unless you acknowledge that you want people to stay and get their faces stepped on so you can...?

In a vacuum, if they don't want to play with you, they won't. If Bioware is using psychologically manipulative tactics (FOMO in seasons) to try to make them play with you, which Bioware is, they'll find ways to deal with the situation that you won't approve of.

crayzpanda
05.24.2021 , 07:15 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The easy solution is removing the lock out for regs or at least modifying it in ways I’ve previously suggested. The lockout hasn’t really stopped people rage quitting regs as far as I can see. Every match still has people leave or back fill. All it’s really doing (in its current form) is stopping people from wanting to pvp.
^ This I agree with. The lockout is more of an obstacle imo. There are different instances and I really don't want to go through each of them because I feel like we have all been through most of them but removing the lock out, I feel like would be step 1. Next step would potentially give us a PvP group finder (cross fingers). By then, you pick what you want and then if you somehow have a. a ****** team or b. against a premade..just a couple examples, you can't really backout of that because you chose that and then incur the lockout penalty of x mins sounds fair to me.
Infiltratíon - Lightning Sorc - SF Server

Cherepk
05.28.2021 , 09:44 PM | #85
Absolutely stupid mechanics in REGS. Games most of the times are one sided and staying in one that auto loss is stupid and not fair. Today is bonus warzone and if there is a tank on your team you are winning if there is not you waiting for other team to win so STUPID bioware...

Raansu
05.29.2021 , 10:36 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherepk View Post
Absolutely stupid mechanics in REGS. Games most of the times are one sided and staying in one that auto loss is stupid and not fair. Today is bonus warzone and if there is a tank on your team you are winning if there is not you waiting for other team to win so STUPID bioware...
PvP isn't supposed to be fair. You're fighting people not NPC's.

Sappharan
05.30.2021 , 04:08 PM | #87
PvP isn't supposed to be fair.
It should absolutely be fair with respect to class, tank/healer, and premade distribution.

Raansu
05.30.2021 , 05:05 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
It should absolutely be fair with respect to class, tank/healer, and premade distribution.
And it already does that. The system tries to ensure both sides have a healer or tank and prioritizes premades vs premades.

Sappharan
05.30.2021 , 10:06 PM | #89
And it already does that. The system tries to ensure both sides have a healer or tank and prioritizes premades vs premades.
I am pretty much at the point with bioware as I am with politicians. How do you know a politician is lying? The politician is speaking.

Sometimes what you believe bears out. Sometimes not. It feels like all too often it does not. Whatever system is in place is not good enough. As we have commented earlier, fewer, higher quality games are preferable to most than faster, lower quality beat-downs. I don't mind losing too much. I DO mind premades that spawn camp and number farm. It is obnoxious.

Raansu
05.30.2021 , 11:19 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
I am pretty much at the point with bioware as I am with politicians. How do you know a politician is lying? The politician is speaking.

Sometimes what you believe bears out. Sometimes not. It feels like all too often it does not. Whatever system is in place is not good enough. As we have commented earlier, fewer, higher quality games are preferable to most than faster, lower quality beat-downs. I don't mind losing too much. I DO mind premades that spawn camp and number farm. It is obnoxious.
I played most of yesterday solo an didn't come across any noticeable premades. The minute I formed a group I ran into a premade every match and we were only a group of 3 people. This has been my experience every time I run a group. See for yourself sometime if you don't believe me.

Despite what you want to believe, the system does prioritize group vs group before putting group vs soio.