Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious, why do you think they will raise the number of levels in the gearing process?

From the official 7.0 itemization article:

The Veteran difficulty for the R-4 Anomaly Operation will drop item rating 330, 332, and 334 rated gear. Over time, as new difficulties or Operations are introduced, new, more powerful gear will also come with those updates.

Will the Renown Stash Window (not the Renown system, I am talking about the window where the items are) be left in-game once 7.0 arrives?

It's likely unclaimed Renown items will end up in your inventory, and, if that's full, in your mail.

Renown is going away, and nothing about the system's UI for it will remain.

Were I in your position, I'd go with the above as an assumption.

Edited by arunav

It's likely unclaimed Renown items will end up in your inventory, and, if that's full, in your mail.

Renown is going away, and nothing about the system's UI for it will remain.

Were I in your position, I'd go with the above as an assumption.

I just want an official response.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I couldn't find it, so

1. What will happen to the other rewards granted by legacy achievements (like cartel coin grants for instance)

2. What about Reputation? Will that system still exist?

What will happen to the Dark vs Light system?

• First, let’s clarify exactly what we’re talking about with the Dark vs. Light system. The individual character alignment system, where morality choices made throughout the story in conversations or via the Diplomacy crew skill in order to move a character’s alignment between Dark and Light sides of the Force, will remain unchanged.
  • The server-wide Dark vs Light meter which would pop up every so often to reflect the balance in the galaxy will be removed.
  • The small alignment widget in the UI will be removed
  • The alignment choice every time group finder pops will be removed
  • The DvL bosses that spawned in the world when one side was victorious will be removed temporarily. We plan on re-introducing them in a future update.
  • The DvL rewards vendors will remain in place on both Fleets
  • To compensate for the loss of constant alignment gain, character alignment levels and thresholds will revert to pre-Dark vs. Light system totals

Sorry if this has been answered already but I don't want to trawl through 84 pages to find out.

Could we please have some clarification on what this means (specifically for alignments)?

"Character alignment levels and thresholds will revert to pre-Dark vs Light system totals" -- does this mean that my character alignment levels will be completely reset?? I have endgame characters at max LS/DS alignment who I do not want reset and for whom I can absolutely not regain all those points via future content alone. RPG-wise, their current alignment is important for their personal stories.

I also have characters at very specific alignments/levels (either for RP reasons or because of alignment impact on certain in-game scenes or lines) and resetting that will equally mess up their gameplay and story participation.

Also worrying: "the small alignment widget in the UI will be removed"

This is just as bad. The best thing to come out of DvL has been the ability to choose whether I was getting LS/DS points, and to change that as needed. It allowed me to easily reach and maintain the alignments I wanted for my characters, and also freed me to make the in-game choices I wanted for them without worrying over the alignment shift. Removing it would negatively impact how I play the game and especially how I approach characters from an RP perspective.

Please clarify whether our character alignments are really going to be reset and if we're no longer going to be able to have any control over our LS/DS gains (outside of cutscene choices). Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Where is the vendor for command crate shells?

These will be available for purchase on a vendor with 7.0’s launch for 3,500 Tech Fragments and 500,000 Credits.

Anyone know what is a command crate shell?

oh... nevermind. found a discussion. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=975553&highlight=command+crate+shell

Edited by Saeten

Sorry if this has been answered already but I don't want to trawl through 84 pages to find out.

Could we please have some clarification on what this means (specifically for alignments)?

"Character alignment levels and thresholds will revert to pre-Dark vs Light system totals" -- does this mean that my character alignment levels will be completely reset?? I have endgame characters at max LS/DS alignment who I do not want reset and for whom I can absolutely not regain all those points via future content alone. RPG-wise, their current alignment is important for their personal stories.

This does require clarification because pre-DvL is quite a few years ago. DvL started with KoTET five years back now.

----

EDIT: I was unable to find results within five pages of Bing search results explaining what the system was pre-5.0 and I even put in "swtor 1.0" to hopefully get relevant results. Got nadda.

----

While it certainly should seem natural to us that a Dark/Light # alignment on live should still be a Dark/Light # alignment in 7.0, I didn't see any comments about level differences in the PTS forum. Now that PTS is closed, none of us can go check. I don't think any of us want to see our alignments reset to neutral. I killed Captain Orzik many, many times to get my main up to Dark V pre-DvL.

Edited by robwettengel

This does require clarification because pre-DvL is quite a few years ago. DvL started with KoTET five years back now.

----

EDIT: I was unable to find results within five pages of Bing search results explaining what the system was pre-5.0 and I even put in "swtor 1.0" to hopefully get relevant results. Got nadda.

----

While it certainly should seem natural to us that a Dark/Light # alignment on live should still be a Dark/Light # alignment in 7.0, I didn't see any comments about level differences in the PTS forum. Now that PTS is closed, none of us can go check. I don't think any of us want to see our alignments reset to neutral. I killed Captain Orzik many, many times to get my main up to Dark V pre-DvL.

I thought that what it meant was that before DvL, the numbers for different alignment levels were different. So like, if now you need (throwing up imaginary numbers here because I don't remember how it goes) let's say 2000 LS points to be LS I, and pre-DvL it was 200, and your character is currently LS I, it will switch them to the 200 points after the update, so your character will remain LS I, only the numbers will change appropriately. At least that's how I read it.

It would be nice to get an official confirmation of it though.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

With the release of our Itemization in 7.0 article, we wanted to add some clarity around some of the details of that article in addition to providing some supplementary information.

In addition to the removal of the Renown system mentioned in the article, we are changing the Social and server-wide Dark vs. Light systems.

What will happen to Renown Achievements, Legacy Perks, and Boosts

• Achievements will for the most part be moved to Feats of Strength, and have their point values removed (with the exception of Social achievements, as described below).
  • Legacy Perks related to these systems will be removed starting in 7.0.
    • Starting today, Renown and Social Legacy Perks will have their Cartel Coin price reduced to 1

[*]Renown Boosts will be removed from the Cartel Market next Monday, November 8th. Until then, they will be discounted by 90%

• Upon 7.0 launch, existing boost items for these systems (Renown and Social) will no longer work, and will be able to be sold to vendors for a small number of credits

What will happen to the Social rewards?

• We are converting the system from awarding points based on conversation choices to instead reward grouping for activities. Details of the changes are:
    • Achievements have been reworked to now require Group Finder activities rather than Social Levels.
    • The character titles which previously came with the achievements are now exclusive to those who already completed the Achievement. For 7.0 and forward, the updated Achievements will grant Legacy Titles of the same titles (rather than Character ones).
    • These Achievements will gate the visibility and purchase of the items on Social vendors. As players progress through the achievements, more items will become available.
    • The two fleet social vendors will be moved to the Cantina area on both fleets and have all Social items previously available.
    • The old vendors around the galaxy will still be available, but they will only have inventory based on the player's achievement progress.

What will happen to the Dark vs Light system?

• First, let’s clarify exactly what we’re talking about with the Dark vs. Light system. The individual character alignment system, where morality choices made throughout the story in conversations or via the Diplomacy crew skill in order to move a character’s alignment between Dark and Light sides of the Force, will remain unchanged.
  • The server-wide Dark vs Light meter which would pop up every so often to reflect the balance in the galaxy will be removed.
  • The small alignment widget in the UI will be removed
  • The alignment choice every time group finder pops will be removed
  • The DvL bosses that spawned in the world when one side was victorious will be removed temporarily. We plan on re-introducing them in a future update.
  • The DvL rewards vendors will remain in place on both Fleets
  • To compensate for the loss of constant alignment gain, character alignment levels and thresholds will revert to pre-Dark vs. Light system totals

We'll be keeping an eye on this thread to answer questions that may have not been answered in the post.

Thanks!

-eric

Eric,

Did you and Charles not learn from the disastrous fiasco that you tired to do in 6.0? With the same armoring plan as your doing here? And you decided after all the hell that was raised it was not a good thing? Why is it that BioWare must discriminate against the non-nightmare operation raiders? Why? Your discriminatory practices here is unacceptable as it is unconscionable.

Now you are taking everything away from us because you believe your new system will make our playing experience better? Really? Renown gone, improves game play? Giving his scat static green, blue, and purple gear improves game play? Tell us we cannot have access to modable gear unless we do NM operations?

This is why Final Fantasy XIV is a superior game and Square Enix a superior company to BioWare/EA. Why? Because they treat all the players the exact same way. There is no endgame gear gated behind Savage/Unreal raids. No, not at all. They gave us player a number of roads and ways to obtain endgame gear. More importantly, FFXIV does not differentiate between hardcore and casual players and those in-between. You and your company do not treat us in that manner.

Charles is doing this to placate his raiding guild and all raiders by tell us who do not do NM ops we cannot have modable gear. That is by definition discrimination. While you can do whatever your hearts so desire, ultimately, it will cost your company where it hurts it the most, the net profit. However, I'm sure y'all put enough shiny things on the cartel market people will always spend their hard earned cash and bend a knee to y'all in compliance and not bother fighting for what is right.

Charles and company are dead wrong in trying to push this new armor system through like they were in 6.0. They've made too many changes and removed ways that we who do not participate in NM ops cannot obtain modable gear. This is why I will never put on any static gear after 7.0. I will use my 306 BIS gear until such time it is useless because y'all make changes to make it so. At that point, I'm just one customer who will just delete his account and walk away quietly never to darken the doors of this once great company. BioWare is nothing more than a puppet to EA who dictates what and will be done no matter what they customers want, think, say, or do.

BioWare compared to FFXIV/SE is a 2-star game & company. Heck, if Wargaming is a couple cuts above your company right now. And you can bet your bottom dollar y'all are going to take it in the shorts when the content creators who play this game realize the unquestionable disaster 7.0 is in its current state. Y'all saw what Asmongold, Rich, and the other big streams did in their endeavors moving to FFXIV right? That may happen to BioWare/SWTOR.

Word to the wise should be sufficient. Leave the current armoring system in place leave all the boosts, renown, and other mechanics in place so we who are not NM ops players can do what we were doing. Its a win/win for everyone. What you propose, will end up as a magnificent failure of epic proportions forcing you to go back to what we now have. Karma...remember that.

Post Script: I know you'll not answer this nor will you acknowledge it. You do not care to have someone post in opposition to what you say or do. I halfway expect this to be deleted and my account sanctioned. Why? That's how y'all operate.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Post Script: I know you'll not answer this nor will you acknowledge it. You do not care to have someone post in opposition to what you say or do. I halfway expect this to be deleted and my account sanctioned. Why? That's how y'all operate.

aren't you just confusing things now, or intentionally misrepresenting the situation. . ., of course an MMO will try to incentivise players towards content/gameplay that has a higher retention rate and requires a subscription. after years of 6.0 and 5.0 its fairly simple to assume Bioware are aware of how a system where everyone can get max gear rating, regardless of what content they are, impacts player spending and retention.

in many ways, the reaction that you and others have is a clear indicator that putting the best gear behind the group content "gate" is the right decision, you can easily acquire great gear from solo/story content on the PTS, just a step or two below the "best in slot". This is more than plenty enough to clear said story/solo content, that entitlement that you feel and are describing in your post is exactly what the developers want, as it will make some players like you spend IRL cash on the game simply to fulfil that feeling. In a similar way as other players spend IRL cash on the cartel markets cosmetic armors

so although you think bioware might not read your message, i am sure that they will, that said the conclusion they draw might be different from what you want :jawa_tongue:

aren't you just confusing things now, or intentionally misrepresenting the situation. . ., of course an MMO will try to incentivise players towards content/gameplay that has a higher retention rate and requires a subscription. after years of 6.0 and 5.0 its fairly simple to assume Bioware are aware of how a system where everyone can get max gear rating, regardless of what content they are, impacts player spending and retention.

in many ways, the reaction that you and others have is a clear indicator that putting the best gear behind the group content "gate" is the right decision, you can easily acquire great gear from solo/story content on the PTS, just a step or two below the "best in slot". This is more than plenty enough to clear said story/solo content, that entitlement that you feel and are describing in your post is exactly what the developers want, as it will make some players like you spend IRL cash on the game simply to fulfil that feeling. In a similar way as other players spend IRL cash on the cartel markets cosmetic armors

so although you think bioware might not read your message, i am sure that they will, that said the conclusion they draw might be different from what you want :jawa_tongue:

1. No I am not misrepresenting anything. Their intentions were made perfectly clear. It's there in gold for everyone to read.

2. "the reaction that you and others have is a clear indicator that putting the best gear behind the group content "gate" is the right decision"

And this is fair to ALL players in the game? To have to settle for static gear while the 1% get the best legendary modable gear? That's fair? Why aren't you the little white hat championing BioWare in the discrimination against those who aren't part of the 1%.

It's clear to me that you and anyone who supports this believe that discriminating against those who are not NM ops players can just get screwed over, all because Charles is part of a Raiding guild that do NM ops on a consistent bases. I will never accept being discriminate against, never. And BioWare is doing that and it will cost them in the long run.

3. "that entitlement that you feel and are describing in your post is exactly what the developers want, as it will make some players like you spend IRL cash on the game simply to fulfil that feeling."

Entitled am I? Being denied access to something because I am not part of the 1% who do NM ops? Me telling them doing this wrong? Makes me entitled? Your conclusion is that all of us who stand against this bovine excrement gearing system are entitled players? I must say, you are intellectually challenged if you believe that. Conversely, I am a game developer and your are wrong about your assumption about want developers want.

You assume I'm the type that will spend money? Boy, you know nothing about me. BTW, you know what assume means right? My wallet is sealed. I'm not spending money on anything extra until the back off and keep the same gearing system that they perfected and it was fair and equal for ALL players. If you are happy with that and you like mediocre gear and believe its fine, you are the ideal player that BioWare/EA will love to drain your wallet as you believe everything that they spew.

Thank you for the laugh and the insults. I hope you enjoy your mediocre gear that they'll give you as you grind far, far more for far less. I came back after walking away for a year. Now, now I'm questioning my decision. I will wait and see if they make the changes like they did with 6.0. If they don't, I walk away again after I delete my account for good. I'm sure that will sadly, make you and yours happy.

the renown is very useful and PUT an INDEX fro all the players and not for only THE COVEN OF THE NIM PLAYERS and let the system like in 6.0 that all subs CAN GET the SAME GEARS and NOT THIS **** .

Repair the smalls imperfectionsin the gameplay instead change all what is useful ingame...........

Eh at this point I don't even care that, as a solo player, my gear is limited. Because as it is it's going to take me years to gear up all my alts with that horrible system they have designed for solo players - so it's not like getting a bit more IR is going to be relevant at all - I'll never reach it on my characters anyway.

Eh at this point I don't even care that, as a solo player, my gear is limited. Because as it is it's going to take me years to gear up all my alts with that horrible system they have designed for solo players - so it's not like getting a bit more IR is going to be relevant at all - I'll never reach it on my characters anyway.

I'll likely never get conquest again on any of mine, because I don't do the dailies/weeklies grind. I get conquest through playing the game, working my way through missions and the story, and it would seem that my play style is being heavily discounted/punished.

I don't enjoy Ops - of any sort. I'm glad that they exist for those that do but absolutely hate being forced into content in order to be treated fairly - NIM players are being treated special. Your Subscription isn't any more important than mine, yet NIM players get to have moddable gear meanwhile everyone else gets decisions regarding gear made for them. I'm not playing *my* way, I'm playing the way Bioware says I am - they made the gearing system, I simply jump through whatever hoops they have set up (same as you). Running content I don't enjoy isn't going to incentivize me to run NIM mode; it's going to build up resentment since I'm not being treated equally to them and people *will* leave because of it. I'm already regretting my decision to subscribe and the expansion isn't even here.

What I don't understand is why NIM players even want moddable gear exclusively for themselves since by definition having more powerful gear makes things easier (more dps, more heals, more tankiness). If you want things easier then why are you even in NIM at all?

This is more than plenty enough to clear said story/solo content, that entitlement that you feel and are describing in your post is exactly what the developers want, as it will make some players like you spend IRL cash on the game simply to fulfil that feeling. In a similar way as other players spend IRL cash on the cartel markets cosmetic armors

I don't think they'll force solo and casual players into raiding by introducing this system. It's more likely it will force them out. I myself don't like it and I promised myself I will not be touching the new ops for the first month or two because I don't want to show up in their statistics.

I expect we'll see a system mitigating this catastrophe soon enough - something like Galactic Command vendors.

The character titles which previously came with the achievements are now exclusive to those who already completed the Achievement. For 7.0 and forward, the updated Achievements will grant Legacy Titles of the same titles (rather than Character ones).

Will we automatically get the legacy titles if we already completed the achievements?

Edited by UlaVii