Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix ALL Flashpoints for 7.0

DeannaVoyager
Yesterday , 01:08 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Phaedruss View Post
Tell me then, how are these not exploits? I should be forced to sit and wait for a Stealth character to get to the checkpoint and then kill myself to res at the checkpoint - and spend most of the time in the flashpoint standing around? Im selfish for wanting these loopholes fixed? My bad for wanting to play the game and not wanting others getting an advantage for running flashpoints that came out 10 years ago by abusing exploits - and running those flashpoints over and over and over again. Group finder is supposed to randomized. It's selfish that these loopholes entitle players to ruin the experience of doing group content just so they can get rewards faster than they were intended to get - this isn't a case of 'play your way' - these are broken flashpoints mixed with broken gearing systems that essentially break the entire group finder system.

And frankly I don't need your sympathy. Didn't ask for it. I don't have to be happy with how it currently is and am free to voice my complaint here.
Nope, you are definitely not getting my sympathy. I don't have that for people who haven't learned the basics of social interaction such as playing nicely with others. Most people learn that in early childhood, but I guess there are exceptions.

And yes, feel free to voice your fantasy over and over again. It won't change the fact that skipping trash mobs is NOT an exploit. You may want it to be, but it's not.

Just learn to play the game, understand that you are not the only one in a group. If you want to kill all trash mobs you need to solo it or find like minded people to group up with you. Trying to force the rest of a random group to do what YOU want to do is called abuse. Luckily it only needs two people to kick abusers.

Phaedruss
Today , 12:57 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Yes, it's actually a thing. It's mainly the result of the fact that many flashpoints have 'rez' points - that is, points at which you rez if the group has made it to that phase.

For example, if you get to the first boss in Copero, you rez there if you die. So a stealther can just sneak to the boss and then everyone just commits suicide (/stuck or jump off the dock) and they spawn at the first boss and skip everything up to it.

About the only way to 'fix' that would be to eliminate the rez points and have everyone respawn at the start.
Edit: or (as pointed out below) have the checkpoints only work after the boss is defeated, as some already are.

There are also many instances where you can just run through mobs and they will eventually stop chasing you. The final section of Cadimemu is a good example. You can run all the way from the bottom of the big elevator (or even before that) to the final boss room, dragging the mobs until they give up.

It's sort of a balancing act between those who want to experience the entire FP and those who just want to get their CQ done. If you want to experience the entire FP, I'd suggest you do it in Solo mode or with a group of friends and/or guildmates. If you go through GF you can expect to do all sorts of skips, etc.
You can word it however you want, but these skips are exploits. It's abusing mechanics to skip content. Wanting these loopholes closed is not expecting too much or me being unreasonable. It's expecting the devs to maintain the health of the game by addressing bad design issues in the flashpoints. I'm not saying that people should be punished or that they are bad players for abusing them, it's a side effect of them being broken for so long and not the players fault. This doesn't mean they should remain broken for the sake of people saving 10 to 15min on a run to complete their conquest faster - this is where the balance issues come into play for a gearing system that rewards for doing any flashpoint. Those rewards don't scale with the longer flashpoints or flashpoints with less loopholes and they become content no one runs because the reward isn't there for time spent - why spend more time in a flashpoint for the exact same rewards that introductory flashpoints like HS provide in half the time?

7.0 will only mildly address this. After people complete their 3 forced weeklies to get their guaranteed rewards, it's back to farming the broken flashpoints over and over to increase rewards with time spent. This problem will persist.

*edit - it also creates a highly toxic system that rewards players for kicking or leaving slower players behind, in the public group finder system meant to make it easier to experience group content in an MMO, because endgame players farming conquest only care about completing it as fast as possible. For the people that have compared this to wows mythic + system... mythic + is not tied to group finder, you have to find private preformed groups. New players signing up for group finder are not forced to play with endgame players trying to maximize their rewards. Mythic + is also only for the most current dungeons (or occasionally some timewalking) and in these dungeons there are no exploits that allow you to skip 75%+ of the combat content in them... I'm sorry, but I don't pay a subscription to not play the game and having a group finder system that encourages and rewards for not playing the game is toxic in nature. It's similar to systems that reward players for just being in the content, where you see afk players joining to soak rewards - but ultimately just ruin the content. It is exploitative and toxic. This entirely based on bad design and can be fixed.
Dark Lord Muad'Rautha Kallig - The Forcewalker -
The power to destroy a thing, is the absolute control over it.
DELAY THE EXPANSION

DeannaVoyager
Today , 01:31 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Phaedruss View Post
You can word it however you want, but these skips are exploits.
No they are not.

Ulrah
Today , 01:35 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
No they are not.
Can you back this up? You haven't given any information or opinion past this...
The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free.
- Ulrah

Phaedruss
Today , 01:43 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
Trying to force the rest of a random group to do what YOU want to do is called abuse. Luckily it only needs two people to kick abusers.
Thank you for being a fine example of why this system is toxic. This has been the experience and attitude I get for wanting to play the game...
Dark Lord Muad'Rautha Kallig - The Forcewalker -
The power to destroy a thing, is the absolute control over it.
DELAY THE EXPANSION