Baby Yoda Pet

Gentleman_snow

You know you want one.

He can even float alongside us in his bassinet.

Biggest pet in the game's history, I tell ya.

<O_O>

I mean, they have Treek, and nobody knew about Ewoks on Endor until RotJ. We have the droid from Fallen Order. They can totally float this for the fans (see what I did thar).

MOAR BABY YODA.

You know you want one.

He can even float alongside us in his bassinet.

Biggest pet in the game's history, I tell ya.

<O_O>

I mean, they have Treek, and nobody knew about Ewoks on Endor until RotJ. We have the droid from Fallen Order. They can totally float this for the fans (see what I did thar).

MOAR BABY YODA.

As much as I love Baby Yoda, and believe me I do, I don't want to see him as a pet. Making him a pet, when he is a child just feels wrong. By the same token, he is too young to be a companion. I could see him as an animated decoration though. It would be nice to have some younglings in our strongholds!

Since Master Oteg is in the game, I don't think we need to fish for an excuse to know a Yoda Species person. They are known in this timeline.

As much as I love Baby Yoda, and believe me I do, I don't want to see him as a pet. Making him a pet, when he is a child just feels wrong. By the same token, he is too young to be a companion. I could see him as an animated decoration though. It would be nice to have some younglings in our strongholds!

Since Master Oteg is in the game, I don't think we need to fish for an excuse to know a Yoda Species person. They are known in this timeline.

Yeah I rather see him in the SH as well, not a fan of the idea as a child pet... just my opinion

No, no, no, no, no. Why?

Simple reason. TIMELINE. SWTOR is 3,600 years removed from The Mandalorian, and anything from the show has literally no place in the game.

That droid from Fallen Order was bad enogh. This kind of casual disregard of timelines is exactly why I loathe Disney, and I don't want to see it in the game, thank you very much.

No, no, no, no, no. Why?

Simple reason. TIMELINE. SWTOR is 3,600 years removed from The Mandalorian, and anything from the show has literally no place in the game.

That droid from Fallen Order was bad enogh. This kind of casual disregard of timelines is exactly why I loathe Disney, and I don't want to see it in the game, thank you very much.

As Damask noted above...

Master Oteg says hello. Just because a species is rare doesn't mean it does not exist in the Old Republic timeline.

In this case, we actually have concrete, tangible evidence the species does - in point of fact - exist.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Simple reason. TIMELINE. SWTOR is 3,600 years removed from The Mandalorian, and anything from the show has literally no place in the game..

"Baby Yoda" is not Yoda as a baby, it's a baby of Yoda's species. Yoda's species was probably around 3,600 years before A New Hope. They may not have been as "known" at the time, but surely they didn't evolve from scratch in only 3600 years. :)

Also, many droid types didn't change much during that time either - just compare R2-D2 to your basic astromech droid in SWTOR.

Oh i have no issue it being Yoda's species, Master Vandar from KOTOR was yoda's species. But it's established that baby Yoda is in fact Yoda's clone. And Yoda or his clone doesn't belong in that timeline.

If they name the baby something else, then sure - no problem.

That is a fan theory. Nothing about Baby Yoda has been established. Just like "Baby Yoda" is the name fans gave him, not anything official. He is only referred to as "The Child" at this point. I'm sure if Bioware were to indulge us they would be smart enough to give it a different generic name.

I have also seen speculation that it is Yaddle's baby, which would also explain it's force sensitivity.

Edited by Damask_Rose

This.

As cute as some of the memes have been.

Except it is demonstrably provable it is not disregarding the timeline.

Not directed specifically at you...but one of the things I find annoying is when people self-appoint themselves as gatekeepers of lore or loremasters.

I've noticed over the three years since my return that some people adopt the position that if it first appears in the current movie timeline it a priori could not possibly have existed in the Old Republic timeline.

People are entitled to that interpretation of lore. I'm also entitled to the position that it is scientific hogwash. The initial appearance of:

1) Lando Calrissian does not preclude people of color existing in the Old Republic era - hence the existence of Tau;

2) Crusty old Jedi robes probably existed in the Old Republic era too, reverted, came back again;

3) Droids existed throughout -- I imagine the style changed. But the notion that the adorable little droid from Fallen Order could not have possibly existed in the Old Republic era is inane;

4) Just because we see Kylo Ren's vented light saber make its first appearance in the current move timeline, does not mean such light sabers did not exist in the Old Republic era;

5) Just b/c we see a Porg in the current movie timeline does not mean they did not exist in the Old Republic era.

Perhaps the above are false, but then I want to see lore-based evidence for the creation of, for example, Old Crusty Jedi Robes like ObiWan wore, or the spontaneous creation of Porgs as a species.

TL-DR: Lore elitists without any logical reasoning to back up their interpretation annoy me. I at least have science, logic, and reason on my side. And fer cryin' out loud, we are talking about the introduction of pets (or old Jedi robes, or style of light sabers) that will generate income for this game. This is a no-brainer.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Not directed specifically at you...but one of the things I find annoying is when people self-appoint themselves as gatekeepers of lore or loremasters.

I've noticed over the three years since my return is that some people adopt the position that if it first appears in the current movie timeline it a priori could not possibly have existed in the Old Republic timeline.

People are entitled to that interpretation of lore. I'm also entitled to the position that it is scientific hogwash. The initial appearance of:

1) Lando Calrissian does not preclude people of color existing in the Old Republic era - hence the existence of Tau.

2) Crusty old Jedi robes probably existed in the Old Republic era too, reverted, came back again.

3) Droids existed throughout -- I imagine the style changed. But the notion that the adorable little droid from Fallen Order could not have possibly existed in the Old Republic era is inane;

4) Just because we see Kylo Ren's vented light saber make its first appearance in the current move timeline, does not mean such light sabers did not exist in the Old Republic era;

5) Just b/c we see a Porg in the current movie timeline does not mean they did not exist in the Old Republic era.

Perhaps the above are false, but then I want to see lore-based evidence for the creation of, for example, Old Crusty Jedi Robes like ObiWan wore, or the spontaneous creation of Porgs as a species.

TL-DR: Lore elitists without any logical reasoning to back up their interpretation annoy me. I at least have science, logic, and reason on my side. And fer cryin' out loud, we are talking about the introduction of pets (or old Jedi robes, or style of light sabers) that will generate income for this game. This is a no-brainer.

Dasty

You naughty lore elitists have upset Dasty so much, they didn't even finish the comments with the usual sipping of wine, etc ;) Shame on you. :cool:

• 10 months later...
in another 5 days it'll be back with a bang, he;s already on the top ten toy list for christmas....and none of the poor kids will be getting them...lol

Already purchased one.

I'm making my own "cradle" (paper mache ) and hope to complete a life size IG-11 (poseable) for "Trunk or Treat" that our church is doing this Saturday.

My wife and I are still posing a couple of Jedi.

Already purchased one.

I'm making my own "cradle" (paper mache ) and hope to complete a life size IG-11 (poseable) for "Trunk or Treat" that our church is doing this Saturday.

My wife and I are still posing a couple of Jedi.

That sounds awesome. I'm so jealous of people who can do this stuff. I'm crap at making anything...lol.

My cousin made a full size R2D2, which looks fantastic. He's working on a BB8...lol

Just do the hovering baby carrier- closed. It can even have an animated visual effect of the top cracking open a bit and a little green hand dropping a silver 'ball' out or a frog-creature hopping out before it closes again.

No full visual of the yoda species to muck with lore hounds, but a nod to the fantastic series and a wonderful addition to all the bounty hunters wearing the new shiny armour off the CM.

I've noticed over the three years since my return that some people adopt the position that if it first appears in the current movie timeline it a priori could not possibly have existed in the Old Republic timeline.

1) Lando Calrissian does not preclude people of color existing in the Old Republic era - hence the existence of Tau;

2) Crusty old Jedi robes probably existed in the Old Republic era too, reverted, came back again;

Dasty

Here, here.

I'm not a fan of Porgs but not because of any "they're against lore" crap; I hate them because I think they're ugly, however they were probably being eaten/befriended by star wars galaxy denizens long before they appeared in the film. I would not begrudge BW adding a Porg pet for those that want one though.

Also +1 for a baby yoda pet (again). Even the suggested closed pram pet would be good. After giving us the armours (especially Cara Dune's which I really like) you'd think they'd be all over a baby pet as a massive money spinner. Maybe they are saving it for Christmas...