The Return of Risha and Corso: Underwhelming [Spoilers]

daveOreally

Underwhelming is putting it mildly when talking about the return of Risha and Corso for the Smuggler. Seriously, these are two people you spent how much time with and two minutes on Nar Shaddaa is all you have in getting them back? What crock of crap is that? Dude you have Corso, a guy who went to hell and back by your side as who was supposed to be one of your closest friends and allies and then Risha, someone who was a master in underworld dealings, and they've simply been hiding out? Not to mention both were romance options and it's just a quick couple of words to rekindle that? I felt more for Lana when you end things with her.

Seriously fire whatever writer brought them back. They have zero idea on how to write a children's coloring book let alone a story in the Star Wars universe.

Bottom line, the return of these two companions was probably the biggest let down in this game to date.

I just went through it with my Corso romanced smug and omg. That was not the Corso my character married. In fact up until the end I didn't think he even remembered they had been together. He was completely out of character and the whole finding another crew to join was just an insult.

Not only was their story flimsy, too short, and completely out of character for both of them, but the whole thing just felt shoehorned in. My smuggler decided to resume her relationship with Corso, since the other person she'd been in a relationship with had abandoned her in a big way...but suddenly that other person shows up in her quarters to "make a clean break." ***? It made absolutely no sense in the context of the current storyline! I'm baffled as to how anyone thought this was a good idea, because it's so shabbily put-together that the whole thing is just ridiculous. Edited by SamadhiFett

Underwhelming is putting it mildly when talking about the return of Risha and Corso for the Smuggler. Seriously, these are two people you spent how much time with and two minutes on Nar Shaddaa is all you have in getting them back? What crock of crap is that? Dude you have Corso, a guy who went to hell and back by your side as who was supposed to be one of your closest friends and allies and then Risha, someone who was a master in underworld dealings, and they've simply been hiding out? Not to mention both were romance options and it's just a quick couple of words to rekindle that? I felt more for Lana when you end things with her.

Seriously fire whatever writer brought them back. They have zero idea on how to write a children's coloring book let alone a story in the Star Wars universe.

Bottom line, the return of these two companions was probably the biggest let down in this game to date.

Corso the Cuck is returning? *groan*

It's taking me quite a lot of head cannon twists to reconcile this. I thought I had a good choice when I picked "Why didn't you contact me?" Because that's what I was thinking—more like why the HELL didn't you contact me as soon as you knew I was alive? But what does she say? Oh, if you needed help you should have come to me. Like it's no big deal. Ugh. Well, I'm writing this all out for myself so I can make it work. And there will be a lot of questions. If only I can figure out reasonable answers. Risha's "we didn't know if you were really alive, we thought it was a trick to lure us out" was nonsense. She'd think a galaxy-wide broadcast about the end of the Eternal Empire was a trick to lure her out of hiding? Really? They could've done so much better. Corso should've run to her, been falling all over himself at seeing her. Where was the culmination of his anticipation, since he knew he was going to see her? Oh, it got better toward the end, but still. They should've had the alert be a rescue mission where the two were frozen in carbonite or something. Could still have been short, but it would have made more sense for Corso's character. Sheesh.

Well, if I can make up enough stuff to make it reasonable, I'll be satisfied. I'm so glad he's back, really, just wish it had been done right.

And did anyone pick the third choice in that question wheel? The one, "So you just gave up?" I'm regretting that I didn't check it out. I'd like to know what their excuse was.

Did anyone romance Risha or Corso and was NOT given the option to renew your relationship? My smuggler was an insta-60, so technically I never romanced Corso, and Koth broke up with me via a letter (jerk). In theory I should've been available, and I was really looking forward to being able to romance Corso again, but no dice. Anyone know if this is a known problem that I could get fixed, or am I just up shaft creek without a paddle?

Part of me wants to re-roll this toon because I forgot about Vette's history with Risha and opted to save Torian, but it would be so much WORK. I miss being able to purchase Alliance Crates--it is taking forever to reach 20 influence with the Alliance personnel. Plus I really don't want to go through that final Vaylin fight again. Good grief.

Did anyone romance Risha or Corso and was NOT given the option to renew your relationship? My smuggler was an insta-60, so technically I never romanced Corso, and Koth broke up with me via a letter (jerk). In theory I should've been available, and I was really looking forward to being able to romance Corso again, but no dice. Anyone know if this is a known problem that I could get fixed, or am I just up shaft creek without a paddle?

Part of me wants to re-roll this toon because I forgot about Vette's history with Risha and opted to save Torian, but it would be so much WORK. I miss being able to purchase Alliance Crates--it is taking forever to reach 20 influence with the Alliance personnel. Plus I really don't want to go through that final Vaylin fight again. Good grief.

Characters created using the FE/ET tokens cannot romance the original companions.

Characters created using the FE/ET tokens cannot romance the original companions.

To add to that: I went through Kotfe on an instatoken SW. Not only could I not romance Vette, but it seems it was set to DS as a default so my LS sith must've mercilessly shocked her throughout the class story. I headcanoned that, once away from you and the ship Vette had time to think and realized that she never got paid the entire time she was working with my SW [other than comp gift trinkets] and was constantly put in danger so it really wasn't any different than being a slave.

After the Andronikos return I was hoping Risha & Corso's wouldn't be as bad. It was way worse. I had left my Smugglers alone after the news a couple of years back that several companions would not be returning for a while. Seemed pointless playing through KOTFE/KOTET on a smuggler back then. Tonight I finished KOTET on my original smuggler and straight away picked up the alert for Risha/Corso. What a pile of s**te. Why have me run around Nar Sha-S****y-dda clicking pointlessly then have me meet them both when I could have gone straight there? Why did they make Corso even more of an idiot than he was previously? Did he get more stupid as he got older? Sod the romance - I'm now wishing I'd cheated on him. Even the Koth romance was better (and that's pretty short). Corso's return was considerably worse than the Andronikos return - at least the reasons for his 6 year absence made sense. There wasn't a proper explanation of where Risha/Corso had been or what they were doing. My other Smugglers will be deleted into oblivion. The only plus point was Corso was customised (if only they could go back and fix Iokath to make Elara & Quinn customised for their returns too).

If the Devs planned to return all remaining companions super quick with minimal story/interaction why not be honest and say so? I hope this fiasco means they have something good planned for companions in the future (not holding breath though).

I especially liked how Risha's entire story was now rendered pointless. Fun times.

:mad:

Agreed. And not one mention of

Vette. I imagine members of the alliance would be pretty common knowledge and Risha was pretty good at getting info. I'd expected her to mention her former sister-in-arms getting wiped out by Vaylin. I hate Vette but details like that matter.

Edited by Sarova

I had already my own story about how Risha, Corso and really any/all of the other Companions were there all along just not in the obvious. I kinda figured something like this (BW Reunions) would happen after the Elara/Malavie part.

As per the Risha letter to our character early on Corso and Risha did infact search for three years during this time They moved to Dubrillion to hide in a familiar place where her influence still helped. Dubrillion was then razed by the Eternal Fleet (Taris/Kotor) in part for their resistance to the occupation but also for Arcann's frustration to find those close to the Outlander.

Arcann by this point has realized 1 he cant even Find the Outlander, 2 Every engagement with the Outlander/Alliance has lead to loss's for The Eternal Empire and 3 The Alliance is gaining support. So if he cant combat the Outlander one on one he will *Squeeze those close to him/her. Finding this information would be easy after the Occupation of important planets and Governments. With Risha's "get rich quick" drive and contacts finding information on the "Treasure Ship" would be easy and Perfect however only the two of them could never accomplish this so again Risha finds a way to Profit and offers this information for Sale. At this point Gault comes in but without the money or people to accomplish this. Gault Finds, Steals, Con's the money to buy the information from Risha and Corso but again without the support; Enter Vette and Hylo.

After the Loss of the Treasure Ship Arcann Finds the names easily through Underworld members without morals where the money is worth more then a name. Corso, Risha and the other names are familiar to Arcann as being close to his Nemesis. With Dubrillion ravaged and Nar Shaddaa full of "Back Stabbers for a Price" Both Risha and Corso are easily tracked down and arrested.

(At this point all BW would've needed is drop a name once or twice through every players "Profit & Plunder" chapter (Not even enough scripting to mention).

If there actually were to be another "One Size Fits All event to bring All of the Companions back at one but separate Companions per class Raid a Hidden detention facility. A lot of security, a Hard fight (These are our comps so a hard fight is worth it) firefights the entire way moving to the indicated cell block and opening doors (As with Star Wars) while under fire each player would find companions relevant to their class plus unknown NPCs and possibly others through their class stories. Fighting their way out is a Security droid (Boss)

Dropping companion names throughout the Zakuul Chapters would have relieved a lot of issues many players have expressed without actually adding them.

• Like 1

I love that Corso's kiss animation seems new though.

I'm pretty sure I saw it at least once between Jorgan and femTrooper during their vanilla romance. Probably elsewhere too but I can't pinpoint any others right now.

Dubrillion was then razed by the Eternal Fleet (Taris/Kotor) in part for their resistance to the occupation but also for Arcann's frustration to find those close to the Outlander.

I actually found it interesting that (IIRC) the brief story made Vaylin responsible for what happened with Dubrillion (which is left pretty vague honestly - "nothing" could mean being totally torched or just not worth Risha's time for whatever reason she thinks). I wonder if that was chosen to facilitate future storylines with Arcann, given that he's alive for the majority but Vaylin is dead for everyone.

Edited by Estelindis

I listened and took it as a story to wrap up a few loose ends with a Minimal story/effort. I *Assumed the Lack of Money part was the reason those two never did anything noticeable to track down our character. Its an incredibly weak reason given their interests and abilities but does work. I got them back in the end and now all but Akaavi we'll go on. I suspect Akaavi's character will be tied in with another expansion like some have been so far. :)

I'm pretty sure I saw it at least once between Jorgan and femTrooper during their vanilla romance. Probably elsewhere too but I can't pinpoint any others right now.

It's similar but not the same. Aric does pull the Fem Trooper in for a kiss the way Corso did or very similar to that but then the kiss between Aric / Trooper slips into the same old kiss - smile - crap routine that like every. kiss. has.

In this one Corso and the smugglers faces stayed more serious for the duration of the kiss and after.. none of that stupid, silly, smile that half the time doesn't even fit the kiss.

Would love to see more of the expressions more suited to the characters involved in those scenes - and fit the moment.. pretty sure the outlander and her LI isnt gunna be smiling about kissing - before possible impending doom - that annoys me so much.

Edited by Suzsi

It's taking me quite a lot of head cannon twists to reconcile this. I thought I had a good choice when I picked "Why didn't you contact me?" Because that's what I was thinking—more like why the HELL didn't you contact me as soon as you knew I was alive? But what does she say? Oh, if you needed help you should have come to me. Like it's no big deal. Ugh. Well, I'm writing this all out for myself so I can make it work. And there will be a lot of questions. If only I can figure out reasonable answers. Risha's "we didn't know if you were really alive, we thought it was a trick to lure us out" was nonsense. She'd think a galaxy-wide broadcast about the end of the Eternal Empire was a trick to lure her out of hiding? Really? They could've done so much better. Corso should've run to her, been falling all over himself at seeing her. Where was the culmination of his anticipation, since he knew he was going to see her? Oh, it got better toward the end, but still. They should've had the alert be a rescue mission where the two were frozen in carbonite or something. Could still have been short, but it would have made more sense for Corso's character. Sheesh.

Well, if I can make up enough stuff to make it reasonable, I'll be satisfied. I'm so glad he's back, really, just wish it had been done right.

And did anyone pick the third choice in that question wheel? The one, "So you just gave up?" I'm regretting that I didn't check it out. I'd like to know what their excuse was.

I saw the third option on youtube, where you pick 'so you just gave up?' Corso says (I'm paraphrasing cause I don't remember the details exactly) 'We didn't know you were even alive until just recently'

How the hell did they not know I was alive?? Whether I went Dark or Light side, we did a Galaxy wide announcement about the Eternal Alliance.

Look, I love my original companions, Risha is my smuggler's buddy and Corso is her husband and I took them both back.

BUT!! Neither of them are that important in the grand scheme of things for someone to make up an announcement to the entire galaxy JUST to imprison them. Like I said, I love them both, but them compared to me (my character) who is supposed to be the Mary Sue of the game (or Gary Stu if you play a male toon) is not important. So WHY would the two of them think someone's out to get them?

Hell, Andronikos was out raiding Eternal Fleet ships looking for me. Not sure how he didn't know I was back, but if he was on one of the ships or literally hiding under a rock, okay, but still Dude, I love this game. I love the stories we've gotten so far, and I REALLY love all my companions, but either my companions are stupid as **** or the writers eh didn't do a whole lot of research or remember what they originally wrote.

I had already my own story about how Risha, Corso and really any/all of the other Companions were there all along just not in the obvious. I kinda figured something like this (BW Reunions) would happen after the Elara/Malavie part.

As per the Risha letter to our character early on Corso and Risha did infact search for three years during this time They moved to Dubrillion to hide in a familiar place where her influence still helped. Dubrillion was then razed by the Eternal Fleet (Taris/Kotor) in part for their resistance to the occupation but also for Arcann's frustration to find those close to the Outlander.

Arcann by this point has realized 1 he cant even Find the Outlander, 2 Every engagement with the Outlander/Alliance has lead to loss's for The Eternal Empire and 3 The Alliance is gaining support. So if he cant combat the Outlander one on one he will *Squeeze those close to him/her. Finding this information would be easy after the Occupation of important planets and Governments. With Risha's "get rich quick" drive and contacts finding information on the "Treasure Ship" would be easy and Perfect however only the two of them could never accomplish this so again Risha finds a way to Profit and offers this information for Sale. At this point Gault comes in but without the money or people to accomplish this. Gault Finds, Steals, Con's the money to buy the information from Risha and Corso but again without the support; Enter Vette and Hylo.

After the Loss of the Treasure Ship Arcann Finds the names easily through Underworld members without morals where the money is worth more then a name. Corso, Risha and the other names are familiar to Arcann as being close to his Nemesis. With Dubrillion ravaged and Nar Shaddaa full of "Back Stabbers for a Price" Both Risha and Corso are easily tracked down and arrested. .

Whether or not this fits with one's view ( cannon) of the events behind the scenes, it's far better writing than a team of professionals at the BoiWare studio, who had a couple of years to come up with the garbage they did.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Okay, some companions we've gotten back so far, I can understand not knowing we were alive and well. Arcann was still terrorizing the galaxy and then later on Vaylin was. So our companions had to be cautious or they had no idea about our Alliance. I give those companions that.

I also understand that some just couldn't keep looking, like Quinn, cause he was imprisoned for a majority of those years you were gone (5 frozen) and with Quinn he couldn't just leave Acina. He's got this fear of Sith for some reason.

But AFTER you defeat Arcann and Vaylin, make your announcement to the entire galaxy, whether as a dictator (dark) or a peacekeeper (light) they should have known 'oh hey, she/he's alive! let me go find a way to contact them'. If they didn't know I was on Odessen itself, or wasn't sure how to contact the Alliance itself, they could have contacted Lana or Theron before he went rogue.

But to say they STILL have no idea I'm alive and never contacted me. Come on, people. Do I need to make another announcement to tell the other companions 'HEY COMPANIONS LEFT OVER! I'm alive, I'm in charge of the alliance now, come find me guys!!'

*sigh*

As I said, I love my companions, but the writers are making them seem like they're either non-observant, or really *********** stupid.

Or the worse part, for me anyway, some of the companions act like I hate them or don't love them. Um, did they forget we got married before I turned into an ice cube? Sure, I know we can romance Lana/Theron/Koth, but not every single player cheated on their original spouse, so why do I keep getting some companions acting like I was giving away the goodies to every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there? I was FROZEN for 5 years. And according to Quinn, I've been battling Arcann/Vaylin for a little over a year. Normally, for me anyway, I ain't got time to be romancing/marrying someone else.

Edited by Eanelinea

Okay, some companions we've gotten back so far, I can understand not knowing we were alive and well. Arcann was still terrorizing the galaxy and then later on Vaylin was. So our companions had to be cautious or they had no idea about our Alliance. I give those companions that.

I also understand that some just couldn't keep looking, like Quinn, cause he was imprisoned for a majority of those years you were gone (5 frozen) and with Quinn he couldn't just leave Acina. He's got this fear of Sith for some reason.

But AFTER you defeat Arcann and Vaylin, make your announcement to the entire galaxy, whether as a dictator (dark) or a peacekeeper (light) they should have known 'oh hey, she/he's alive! let me go find a way to contact them'. If they didn't know I was on Odessen itself, or wasn't sure how to contact the Alliance itself, they could have contacted Lana or Theron before he went rogue.

But to say they STILL have no idea I'm alive and never contacted me. Come on, people. Do I need to make another announcement to tell the other companions 'HEY COMPANIONS LEFT OVER! I'm alive, I'm in charge of the alliance now, come find me guys!!'

*sigh*

As I said, I love my companions, but the writers are making them seem like they're either non-observant, or really *********** stupid.

Or the worse part, for me anyway, some of the companions act like I hate them or don't love them. Um, did they forget we got married before I turned into an ice cube? Sure, I know we can romance Lana/Theron/Koth, but not every single player cheated on their original spouse, so why do I keep getting some companions acting like I was giving away the goodies to every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there? I was FROZEN for 5 years. And according to Quinn, I've been battling Arcann/Vaylin for a little over a year. Normally, for me anyway, I ain't got time to be romancing/marrying someone else.

It has been 5 years ... more like 6 or 7 now since they last saw your character.

They have zero clue you got frozen for 5 of those years, and spent the next 1 or 2 building up an alliance.

All the see is one video message that 'appears' to be a galaxy wide board cast.

I can understand them being skeptical, wondering if you even still care about them at all anymore ( after all, to them, why weren't our characters out there looking for them or trying to get back to them? Unless they couldn't care less anymore ). All they know is we vanished in a ball of flames that was the ship we supposedly died on. I would be skeptical too.

It has been 5 years ... more like 6 or 7 now since they last saw your character.

They have zero clue you got frozen for 5 of those years, and spent the next 1 or 2 building up an alliance.

All the see is one video message that 'appears' to be a galaxy wide board cast.

I can understand them being skeptical, wondering if you even still care about them at all anymore ( after all, to them, why weren't our characters out there looking for them or trying to get back to them? Unless they couldn't care less anymore ). All they know is we vanished in a ball of flames that was the ship we supposedly died on. I would be skeptical too.

1. maybe they didn't saw the galaxy-wide broadcast for some reason ( asleep,drunk,at the bathroom)

2. maybe they saw it and are afraid is a trap ( that's what Zenith would think..)

3. maybe, as you said, they saw it but couldn't care less about it (or you).

Not only was their story flimsy, too short, and completely out of character for both of them, but the whole thing just felt shoehorned in. My smuggler decided to resume her relationship with Corso, since the other person she'd been in a relationship with had abandoned her in a big way...but suddenly that other person shows up in her quarters to "make a clean break." ***? It made absolutely no sense in the context of the current storyline! I'm baffled as to how anyone thought this was a good idea, because it's so shabbily put-together that the whole thing is just ridiculous.

So it was slightly above average quality for KotFE/ET related content?

I love that Corso's kiss animation seems new though. Got so tired of the exact same kiss every time. I hope we see more of that.. new animations especially in romance scenes, was getting very same old.

Almost all male romance companions use this kiss animation during the class story. I'm not that much of a fan of it.

Almost all male romance companions use this kiss animation during the class story. I'm not that much of a fan of it.

The yank you to them in a fit of male MINE-ness? I actually like that. But then again, I like men who (as long as I'm their girlfriend or spouse) have that 'this is my woman, and I'm one ***** mother SMOOCH!

Especially the ones who are slightly more docile. NOT whimps or effeminate types, but slightly docile.

Quinn is very docile in public when he's with his Warrior wife out there helping here, but I like to think he's more aggressive in private. Vector is a bit docile, I KNOW he can kick ***, but he is more docile, and Corso is very gentlemanly that I don't see him telling the wrong I'm his *****. In private he could very well be like that, I don't know, I'm not in their bedroom watching him, Quinn and Vector getting it on with my girls.

But them yanking you to them I can see. If anyone did the Andronikos reunion, he didn't yank his wife to him. It was a cute smooch.