It's Time to Kill Aug Kits

FlatTax

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's true that pre 7.0 we could augment the shell and simply upgrade the hilts, mods, enhancements, etc. Now the augment kits are burned with each gear upgrade.

What I'd like to know is why, if credit bloat is an issue, they don't just make us buy the augment slot without the need to craft all the kits? It costs 100K now to install a kit. Why not just make it 200K, no kit required, and be done with it?

As I said in another thread, it's funny how some people are suggesting 'credit sinks' to combat inflation, while others are complaining about the cost of augments. 🤔😂

Agreed. Nothing wrong with how the Augment kits and augments are working currently. We need more credit sinks, not less.

guys! craft a bunch of these: Artifact Lustrous Synth Bonded Attachments (or any such item) and break em down. that'll give you the components... I just got 14.

Yes, you can go this route, but it is exceedingly tedious. You have to craft those to dc for components and craft again for the kits themselves. If you consider the mat gathering (or inflated credits to buy ones you're light on) it takes so much time away from playing with limited playing windows for a lot of players. Obviously for players with few alts or willing to constantly swap gear between them, this is not a big deal.

On the need for credit sinks - I agree and willing to pay more than the 100k per aug install to avoid the kit - they are 2m right now on SF GTN - I would even spend a lot of real money to buy a character perk to avoid them. Point being - give us an ability to pay the game for aug kits or avoiding them. Credit sinks are only really effective if they drain the player base overall. Aug kits today as a credit sink is a mirage as it is simply passing credits (whether mats or kits themselves) from one play to another.

Yes, you can go this route, but it is exceedingly tedious. You have to craft those to dc for components and craft again for the kits themselves. If you consider the mat gathering (or inflated credits to buy ones you're light on) it takes so much time away from playing with limited playing windows for a lot of players. Obviously for players with few alts or willing to constantly swap gear between them, this is not a big deal.

On the need for credit sinks - I agree and willing to pay more than the 100k per aug install to avoid the kit - they are 2m right now on SF GTN - I would even spend a lot of real money to buy a character perk to avoid them. Point being - give us an ability to pay the game for aug kits or avoiding them. Credit sinks are only really effective if they drain the player base overall. Aug kits today as a credit sink is a mirage as it is simply passing credits (whether mats or kits themselves) from one play to another.

I used to gear up all my alts because I hate transferring gear through legacy cargo. They all got their own set of gear on every expansion until 7.0 and using credits on augmenting them didn't bother me. Now it does. With the current gearing I am just gonna keep it at one set per role and that's it. If we would have set loot tables we had until 6.0 (certain boss drops certain piece), I might consider gearing up a few more. But non-moddable gear with RNG drops, no thank you. There is not enough space in my legacy to hold the pieces I "might" need while maybe never getting another full set to gear up another alt.

I am aware the new ops is supposed to bring back moddable gear, but who knows how many months until we actually get it, and it's not like we can do MM immediately. And let's not forget it will still be RNG loot, so even if we'd clear it in MM on day one, we might not get the piece we need and it will still take weeks to get one character to BiS gear.

First time ever I also decided to gear up only on my main server. I have plenty of alts on other servers too, but I'm not gonna bother with this grindfest. It's simply not worth investing more time or effort on it.

So instead of keeping a good credit sink in game (pulling mods from armor to build sets for alts), they managed to make people stop using credits on gearing, apart from the kits and augments, which indeed are not credit sinks: it's just transferring credits from one player to another.