The biggest credit sink is missing the biggest trades; items now traded above GTN cap

Eckrond

Where do you get the embers? Those were easy to come by pre 7.0. I have been raiding in 7.0 and haven't gotten one to my recollection.

In 6.0+ gear dropped and I got embers from it, or at least jawa junk. Now in their infinite stupidity, the devs gave dried up those two sources.

I'll address this part only since it was a quote from me.

Embers drop from Grade 11 Crafting missions, like they always did. You can get these from doing Slicing missions, or harvesting Slicing nodes.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll address this part only since it was a quote from me.

Embers drop from Grade 11 Crafting missions, like they always did. You can get these from doing Slicing missions, or harvesting Slicing nodes.

You know, I've never seen a grade 11 slicing node.

Quite sure my last two special crafting missions didn't give me embers either. I was peeved, lol. But I'm surprised the price hasn't gone up that much considering how much harder they are to get now (I mean - it doubled. I was expecting more).

Why on Earth would I spend credits to account wide unlock something I can transfer between alts for free since it's legacy bound:rak_02:

why would you spend CC? Simple reason is to delete the items from your inventory making space (2 full bank pages) and recall the items on any character that needs it immediately then delete them when you are done.

Edited by illgot

I still can't help but to wonder what would happen if:

** Items such as SH decors were more BoP or available through Tech Frags

** Mods were also available through Teck Frags

** Items available through the CM were more BoP (less sold on the GTN)

In other words, if the "good stuff" was available through something like Tech Frags .. then who cares about how many credits someone has. The would become as worthless as Imperial credits on the Mandalorian.

Of course, that would mean that the cap for Tech Frags would need to be increased AND there would need to be something actually spending those TECH FRAGS on :D:D:D

Why? Why everyone is asking for a credit sink?

There are zero positives to inflation in a virtual economy, 100% negative - that is the short answer to why it needs to be addressed.

- Squishing the ceiling on credit value lowers the cost of everything: materials, augment kits, augment kit components, etc.

- Pushing more items below the 1 million mark offers more cosmetic options for F2P and Preferred players

- A vendor-based credit sink not only gives credit-wealthy players an outlet for their massive wealth, it offers an opportunity for players that currently do not invest in grinding credits or even buying CC items to sell for credits to spend at the new vendor: this will increase Cartel Coin purchases.

So making gameplay-oriented materials more accessible, allowing more options for free players to customize, bringing old players back to spend their massive wealth, and selling more CCs all at the same time; the question absolutely is why you wouldn't want a new and effective credit sink.

Why on Earth would I spend credits to account wide unlock something I can transfer between alts for free since it's legacy bound:rak_02:

I'm hoping more gear from different sources end up in collections and account unlockable! When I am designing an outfit, having everything in one place would be priceless. I rarely hunt through my alts for outfits that are being muled, or run to different vendors on the off chance a piece there would be just the right one, so even though there is a lot of cool stuff out there, I rarely make use of it.

The inflation is desired by EA/BW. Higher in-game currency prices leads to more and larger Cartel Market purchases by players who resell CM items for credits. Ever wonder why BW doesn't show you the GTN buyer? Think about it.

Why would someone spend real money to convert to credits when there is nothing to buy with those credits that they can't just buy with their real money in the first place?

I think *you* should have thought about it more. Creating a vendor that sells items only attainable with credits would be an actual way to motivate CC sales to convert to credits.

I still can't help but to wonder what would happen if:

** Items such as SH decors were more BoP or available through Tech Frags

** Mods were also available through Teck Frags

** Items available through the CM were more BoP (less sold on the GTN)

In other words, if the "good stuff" was available through something like Tech Frags .. then who cares about how many credits someone has. The would become as worthless as Imperial credits on the Mandalorian.

Of course, that would mean that the cap for Tech Frags would need to be increased AND there would need to be something actually spending those TECH FRAGS on :D:D:D

People need to stop with that stupid idea that all the CM stuff should be BoP. It's a ridiculous idea. Please stop asking BW to have everything cost RL money.

Why would someone spend real money to convert to credits when there is nothing to buy with those credits that they can't just buy with their real money in the first place?

I think *you* should have thought about it more. Creating a vendor that sells items only attainable with credits would be an actual way to motivate CC sales to convert to credits.

There are plenty of items which are not available for real currency. Augments, Augment kits, consumables (stim/adrenal), to name a few. I know plenty of individual that convert CM items to in-game credits for GTN use.

Simple reason is to delete the items from your inventory making space (2 full bank pages)

I can delete them right after unlocking them in collections on single char. There is no need to keep or account wide unlock them unless I want to claim them on other servers. Whenever I want a copy for other char I just claim a copy on a char that unlocked them and since they are legacy bound I can send them for free. Spending money to account wide unlock them is a waste.

• 4 weeks later...

That isn't your call to make. Regardless of your beliefs, those take quite a few million credits to be able to have required stats.

Why should new player expect to buy the best gear out of the box and not grind for credits?

I like the idea of buying tech fragments for credits as a credit sink, especially with the 'perpetual' gear grind roadmap. It would offer players with a lot of credits and alts an accelerated way to acquire implants, etc.

Quite sure all the people spamming that they have stuff to sell over 1b are still willing to sell the item over 1b WITHOUT the GTN. So it really doesn't change much.

And they might ignore the tax but it's STILL money that would get out of the economy.

I said on this forum years ago the inflation would eventually lead to a barter or external trade economy. We're getting there.

I said on this forum years ago the inflation would eventually lead to a barter or external trade economy. We're getting there.

On a couple of servers I no longer take credits. Credits lose their value too quickly. I can't spend them fast enough since there is nothing to buy and or it's very hard to buy anything because of the 1 billion cap. I only accept items I can easily resell and retain their value.

Edited by illgot

I wish they would put back in all those retired crafting schematics, especially the color crystals you used to be able to get from reverse engineering that are no longer obtainable. I'd pay a decent amount of credits per schematic and it'd give a little needed boost to crafting.

Another possibility for a credit sink is expensive credit-only crafting mats for collectibles and vanity items. Seriously, if there was a cool mount and it required 5x of a particular mat that cost 100m credits to buy, people would do it, it's been done in other MMOs.

I wish they would put back in all those retired crafting schematics, especially the color crystals you used to be able to get from reverse engineering that are no longer obtainable. I'd pay a decent amount of credits per schematic and it'd give a little needed boost to crafting.

Another possibility for a credit sink is expensive credit-only crafting mats for collectibles and vanity items. Seriously, if there was a cool mount and it required 5x of a particular mat that cost 100m credits to buy, people would do it, it's been done in other MMOs.

All 8 of my chars on satele were rolled day 1 and each one does a different crafting profession - maxed. I almost never use the GTN.

IMPLEMENT SOMETHING PLEASE, SOME IDEA.

Thank you.

Countdown to credit (rewards) nerf ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
You're so focused on replying with memes you don't bother to read.

nobody needs to read your two run on sentence paragraphs, you're anti-player.

this guy is right anyway:

I've been fighting for and proposing credit sinks for a long time. Unfortunately, Bioware sees these threads as complaints about inflation and the only thing they have time for is to nerf rewards (which actually makes the "inflation" problem worse to players with less credits).

I disagree with this:

-- replicating the guild perks as character perks as well (either as a much higher cost as a permanent perk, or as a time limited gain like the guild perks)

yeah please don't repass the costs to the individual player, that's a bad choice. there are already character perks per toon, and legacy perks per server in the legacy window.

I don't like credits sinks

I don't like nerfs to income from quest completion, especially dailies/weeklies/heroics

I do my best to avoid any credit sink. Amplifiers, the most blatant removal of credits, I completely ignored. All of 6.0, I only made 1 gear set with main combat stat amps, and tuned my gameplay so I only used that advanced class the entire length of 6.0's game version lifespan, to avoid the obvious credit sink is obvious. I created however many new alt characters and leveled them to max level to reuse the same gear set in legacy bay. I was a one trick pony through all of game version 6.0 because of the amplifier system

this legacy bay is still untouched from 6.0:

• https://i.imgur.com/aAXMJj3.png
    • the 14 piece gear set is loaned out to a pvp only character that is still under level 80, because I only pvp when it's a galactic season objective and I park him outside rest areas not to get rested experience.

• 3rd row from the bottom, it looks like 2 dps tacticals have been loaned out, and never returned. Viral Elements and Volatile Strike (respectively)

I had to fill the legacy bay's extra spaces, so only the 14 piece gear set fits. Every piece goes in the exact spot every time they are deposited, because I click them off the character sheet in the same left to right order. Which is the same order I click to deposit and withdraw them in. All to save time and make sure I don't deposit/withdraw the wrong thing.

Edited by Falensawino

I disagree with this:

yeah please don't repass the costs to the individual player, that's a bad choice. there are already character perks per toon, and legacy perks per server in the legacy window.

To explain better, we would still have the guild perks which are time limited perks for all guild members. What I propose is that they offer some of the same perks as character perks as well. Take Sprinter 1,2, or 3 for example. Currently they can be purchased by guilds for 4 weeks (1&2) or 2 weeks (3). Now if we also gave players a chance to buy these perks for their characters, we could add a potentially significant credit sink that players with loads of credits would be tempted to buy. Players that don't want to give up credits (or hate credit sinks) don't need to buy the perks and they can continue to wait for their guilds to get them when they come around.

Another thing that can be turned into character perks are some of the stats we used to get from amplifiers.

Anyway, I'm not saying get rid of guild perks. They are an important credit sink. I'm just suggesting adding some of the same perks as Character perks to create additional credit sinks that "wealthy" players would buy for some, most or even all of their characters.

I have a solution. make cc items bound permanently. It was always a bad to turn RL money into Credits so easily anyway. That would eliminate most of the issues.

The people that are complaining about inflation are mainly complaining about the pricing of CM items in player to player sales. They already have the ability to use cartel coins for those things, but they don't want to. So that wouldn't solve the "main issue" at all.

On top of that, it would pretty much kill the Hypercrate concept since duplicate items would have no value to players.

The people that are complaining about inflation are mainly complaining about the pricing of CM items in player to player sales. They already have the ability to use cartel coins for those things, but they don't want to. So that wouldn't solve the "main issue" at all.

On top of that, it would pretty much kill the Hypercrate concept since duplicate items would have no value to players.

Not to mention the amount of sales of CC would surely go down if players were no longer able to use their CC to generate credits. It is not likely that there is a scenario where Bioware does anything that cuts into CC revenue. That's a non-starter.