Changes to rewards for PvP, GSF, and Operations

BryantWood

You can get 100k in less than 20 min. If you don't know how I suggest you actually look at the co quest objectives their listed for you.

Increasing a reputation grants 49k

Leveling a companion grants 27k ish

Right there is 75k+ you can do in less than 5 minutes every day

All it takes is some reading on your part what actual objectives can you do this week. 50k is not needed its just for extreemly lazy people who just want to farm tech fragments on 10+ alts or more

Quite sure it's closer to 17k for leveling a companion. Also, the only rep I have left is shadow syndicate and I'm already close to Legends (would be if I capped this week, which I won't do). It's going to be even worse to reach my goals once I'm capped. Also it's 44k for reputation.

Either way, the nerf wasn't for people who have only a few characters, clearly. And I'm laughing at the idea that people with 10+ alts are "lazy," considering the 40 hours a week I have to spend getting CQ done on them (to help their guilds etc) because of the high CQ goal AND CQ nerfs.

100k is not the problem. Nerfing goals is the problem. No more credits for junk at level 80. No more "heroic mission" goal, so now doing a second heroic on a planet gives you a pathetic 650 CQ points. And the extremely useful goals that we get maybe once a month were nerfed too, from doing to infinitely repeatable to once a day (10 heroics, galactic rampage, missions).

And we don't even get a "weekly heroic" goal. In the amount of time I do a weekly heroic, I could do a GSF match and get 6k CQ points, even if I lose, and it's infinitely repeatable.

IT IS NOT OK. The rewards past the 4th alt (ok, guessing it's going to be more like the 6th after 7.02) are HORRIBLE, so there was no need to nerf it. THERE'S NOTHING TO ABUSE. Yet it's a huge nerf for alt players and small guilds.

All it takes is opening up the mission logs for the week, and reading Objectives that can be easily completed.

Except after your third toon, the list gets extremely small. At least for stuff you can do solo and that don't take an hour.

Yeah yeah, blah blah, it's my fault for playing 34 toons and not wanting to group (I'll note that I would never manage to get CQ done on my toons if I didn't do GSF), it's not relevant, what's relevant is that something that was FUN AND EASY to do in 6.0 is now the opposite.

Hence my complaining.

What I don't get is why people who are not the in same situation think that they have a right to tell me how I should be playing the game. I'm not criticizing YOUR playstyle, why are you criticizing mine? Really, why do you even come here to tell us that we play the game "wrong," when CLEARLY the changes haven't affected you one bit?

Understandable. It comes down to time. If you can look at the objectives figureout which ones are easiest for you to do. You may be surprised you can hit thay 100k pretty quickly. :)

Obviously 50k allowed players to hit a "weekly" cq objective incredibly quick. Allowing people to hit conquest on 20 alts or even more. When you think about it that way you can see it was unhealthy for the game. Playing 1 hour a day you can hit conquest on more than 10 toons. If people don't play but like 1 or 2 hours a week we'll the shouldn't expect to hit conquest on all their toons since you have to actually play the game to get rewarded.

Sorry but what's unhealthy about it? WHY DO YOU CARE HOW I PLAY THE GAME? It doesn't affect you or ANYONE. I've leveled 34 characters, took most of them through all the expansions, I'd say I've probably played the game more than you.

Edited by Pricia

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I have been trying to get help in various channels/methods for weeks. I have one character that cannot even get the GSF daily or weekly quests. I have opened 3 in game support tickets that were basically auto closed with a form letter and zero followup/resolution. I have opened a thread in GSF channel forums with no reply. I have sent a private message with no replies. Must I really correct this issue myself by remaking my character, or can I please get some dev attention to actually fix this issue? It is VERY frustrating. Made even moreso by a lack of support.

Thanks

You need to do the "introduction to starfighter" mission first... Have you done it?

You need to do the "introduction to starfighter" mission first... Have you done it?

I cannot confirm that I have done it, but I can confirm that i CANNOT get that quest. I assume I have not completed it because my fleet comms are very low.

I cannot confirm that I have done it, but I can confirm that i CANNOT get that quest. I assume I have not completed it because my fleet comms are very low.

So, when you go to the PvP section terminal on the fleet there are zero starfighter quests available for you?

Have you checked your mission log?

And what did the form letter from CS actually say?

Sorry but what's unhealthy about it? WHY DO YOU CARE HOW I PLAY THE GAME? It doesn't affect you or ANYONE. I've leveled 34 characters, took most of them through all the expansions, I'd say I've probably played the game more than you.

Nothings unhealthy about getting conquest on your 34 toons. But tbf it shouldn't Be extremely easy for you to get cq on 34 toons. Alot in our guild are getting 7-10m cq per week so that's enough for 50+ toons.

However the more toons you have the more work it should "naturally be" the way the devs did this it makes sense. Be glad they didn't do 250k lol!

Maybe you have played the game more than me who knows? But I don't think you need to go down that road to prove your point its not very appropriate and a bit presumptuous. I've been here almost 11 years now. Testing the game before it even released. :)

May the force be with you pricia.

Allowing progress on losses for Unranked Warzones

We want our PvP queues and matches to be healthy, so we’re going to be modifying Unranked Warzone missions to allow players to progress even if the match is lost. We took a look at the average completion time of Unranked Warzones compared to Galactic Starfighter matches, and arrived at three losses equal to one win for progression.

The following Missions will allow progress on loss (Wins will count 3x):

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] March Them Down
  • [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War
  • [DAILY] United We Stand
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

These additional changes will be coming out with our 7.0.2 update.

Thank you so much for listening to us!

What will the new required amount of total matches be?

Hey Community!

We appreciate the feedback, concerns, and suggestions you’ve posted in response to this thread. I wanted to jump in to address some feedback as well as provide information on additional changes we’ve been working on.

The original post will be updated with everything I’m listing below.

First let’s talk about some points of feedback we’ll be addressing. We hear your concerns about last boss lockout farming in Operations as well as the high requirements of OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create CM-1337, so here are the adjustments we’ll be making.

Reduction to CM-1337 component costs and requirements:

• The required OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create a CM-1337 has been reduced to 5 OEM-37 and 5 RPM-13 (down from 7 OEM-37 and 14 RPM-13).
  • The cost of OEM-37 and RPM-13 on the Spoils of War vendor has been reduced to 4,000 (down from 5,000 previously and 10,000 originally)

This reduces the total Tech Fragment cost of an Augment to 40,000 Tech Fragments. This is more expensive than upgrading your Legendary Implants as we do want players to focus on their Implants and gear before pursuing Augments.

This is still alot, it's 40.000 Tech Fragments for one augment and we're still capped at having the max of 11.000 augments across the legacy. Could you guys just increase the cap to like 100.000 or more? That way we don't have to just rush to the vendor everytime we hit the cap. It's really annoying.

Also and this is my opinion, I think that majority of players wouldn't even chase 330 augments, if 286 augments work. At the moment, 286 augments in warzones don't even work at all.

Let's talk about Bolster in PVP.

Why are the stats still capped in PVP but in PVE they are not? Why do I lose 1000 power, critical chance, etc in PVP while in PVE my stats are even boosted to the point where I'm pulling 60k hits as a skank tank on bosses in Master Flashpoints?

Why do PVP players in warzones in 330 gear outperform players in 326 gear by alot?

What was the point of me as well as other players, farming PVP gear, when it underperforms compared to 330?

We could've just farmed PVE content and get 330 instead.

Also one thing, could someone actually take a look at Hatred Assassin?

It's still the most squishy spec and it still doesn't make sense why would that class spread dots via Lacerate, when it can literally die in 2 seconds?

I would suggest to revert the spec back to 3.0 era where it spread it's dots via Death Field like Madness sorc does.

By the time you swing your saber surrounded by other players in PVP in order to spread your dots, you either have to stealth out or literally get killed in seconds. The only DR that class has is Mass Taunt, which, gets you killed even faster if surrounding players focus you.

I've been saying this for years and I play since 2014, but like always, nobody listens.

Give some love to Hatred Sins, just revert the spread dot to Death Field at some moderate distance.

Also, bring back Death Kneel set bonus, it was the only viable set bonus for sins.

Edited by DzastinBiberi

Why do PVP players in warzones in 330 gear outperform players in 326 gear by alot?

What was the point of me as well as other players, farming PVP gear, when it underperforms compared to 330?

We could've just farmed PVE content and get 330 instead.

no you couldn't have, if you want to get BIS gear from OPs you'd need at least one more Month and several more characters to funnel. Or many many many more characters & A group that can farm Nim Clearruns for Weeklies...

then you might not need that extra Month.

PVE gearing is slow, PVP gearing is fast.

maybe you could have started with FPs and then did ops but if you are a PVP player why wouldn't you use the fast gearing track to 326 first, you can still go and grab Rakata now if you believe it is / it'll stay stronger than 326.

PVP is the 2nd most efficient way to 326 (gsf is better for PVE players because losses in PVP don't reward anything)

so the point of farming PVP Gear as PVP Player is exactly the same as for PVE Players who farm PVP Gear, it's to get gear.

except PVP players ought to be done once they are 326 for PVE players the Grind & drop lottery have only just started once they have PVP gear.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

Nothings unhealthy about getting conquest on your 34 toons. But tbf it shouldn't Be extremely easy for you to get cq on 34 toons. Alot in our guild are getting 7-10m cq per week so that's enough for 50+ toons.

However the more toons you have the more work it should "naturally be" the way the devs did this it makes sense. Be glad they didn't do 250k lol!

Maybe you have played the game more than me who knows? But I don't think you need to go down that road to prove your point its not very appropriate and a bit presumptuous. I've been here almost 11 years now. Testing the game before it even released. :)

May the force be with you pricia.

Well you'll be glad to know that it's a full time job now.

At least when my subscription runs out next month I'll be down a bunch of toons.

any plans on updating tank stats?

example:

Rakata Demolisher's Body Armor // Columi Demolisher's Body Armor

GS: 330 // 326

+1540 Endurance // +1396 Endurance (-144)

+527 Shield Rating // +532 Shield Rating (+5)

+627 Defence Rating // +699 Defence Rating (+72)

+1054 Mastery // +1011 Mastery (-43)

Rakata Demolisher's Body Armor // Columi Demolisher's Body Armor

GS: 326 // 326

+1477 Endurance // +1396 Endurance (-81)

+506 Shield Rating // +532 Shield Rating (+26)

+600 Defence Rating // +699 Defence Rating (+99)

+1011 Mastery // +1011 Mastery (+0)

Edited by fabsus

We want our PvP queues and matches to be healthy, so we’re going to be modifying Unranked Warzone missions to allow players to progress even if the match is lost. We took a look at the average completion time of Unranked Warzones compared to Galactic Starfighter matches, and arrived at three losses equal to one win for progression.

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

This is a step into right direction, however it's not the only (current) problem with PVP. I used to enjoy it a lot, but one of the reasons why I quit playing was because I usually ended up against premades. People are even playing premades in lowbies, which is kinda ridicilous and quite often ruins the queue for whoever is trying to play solo. The playerbase is not large enough to have separate queues for premades and solo q, but you could level the playing field by giving:

- 1 point for lost match

- 2 points for winning in a premade group

- 3 points for winning when people are q'ing solo

People would still be able to run with their friends and get advantage of being in voice comms, however they wouldn't get full 3 points from winning against solo players.

Downside is for that scoring to make any difference you would also have to adjust the points needed to finish daily and weekly.

This is a step into right direction, however it's not the only (current) problem with PVP. I used to enjoy it a lot, but one of the reasons why I quit playing was because I usually ended up against premades. People are even playing premades in lowbies, which is kinda ridicilous and quite often ruins the queue for whoever is trying to play solo. The playerbase is not large enough to have separate queues for premades and solo q, but you could level the playing field by giving:

- 1 point for lost match

- 2 points for winning in a premade group

- 3 points for winning when people are q'ing solo

People would still be able to run with their friends and get advantage of being in voice comms, however they wouldn't get full 3 points from winning against solo players.

Downside is for that scoring to make any difference you would also have to adjust the points needed to finish daily and weekly.

I agree Unranked warzones should be pre-made free. If you made it to where you have to q solo and not be in a team then it solves the pre-made issue. Since everyone will be randomized.

That or just be in a group but it's randomized so who doesn't like competition w your friends ur still playing w them even if it's random.

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

I'm gonna have to revive this thread, because the Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh away.

AGAIN!

Sure, give us progress on pvp on loss. Sure, give us even more progress on wins. But seriously? Upping the requirements for the missions and not mention it anywhere? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Ok in the last hour i saw 2 matches with a team having all 3 the objective controlled for most of the match and one with 4 ppl defending the only one they got, that of course was leading to a loss, couple of hutball ended 6-0 and 7-1....

Third with control turrets ended with like 80 points left on the other but the usual smartas*** played only to kill pl and not to protect the control points ending in a loss...but thats its always been a pvp trouble from what ive heard (the lack of chances to pick the kind of match ppl want).

So what is the problem? We are full of throwers everywhere now with these changes or premades are now a even worst "problem" cause they gain better then before?

------------------------

One thing for sure, 320 vs 326/330 seems a no way match unless the other player is sleeping...this should be inside ranked in my opinion....unranked should be fun even for not farmers...

I know its all been like this from forever and that the bolster atm sux hard, but im not a pvper at all and tried this only now due to the lack of frags from solo sources (without deadly repetition over and over again).

I'm really liking the tech fragments changes - although I'm not sure why hostage situation cleanup doesn't reward anything but an alliance crate.

But the weekly pvp change is definitely not making me want to bother. I'm tired of throwers in GSF, I'm not dealing with those in warzones too... and I'm not playing 8 matches (with luck) to finish the weekly...

I am glad I am not the only one with questionable play in Warzones. I play healer mostly. The number of people who can’t DPS is staggering. I had a couple games where the total number of kills on our team was less than 15. Disturbing. I watch streamers play warzones and they don’t play objectives. I think most people view warzones like heroics. It’s a participation trophy event. When people play who care about winning, it’s a beat down. In my opinion, the major problem with warzones is participation. I see the same people over and over again (good and bad). More people play and the experience is more balanced. I fear that the state of warzones is representative of the state of the game (low participation).

Recently, I have stopped playing warzones in favor of GSF. GSF seems more balanced. Or, I am better at it :rolleyes:

I feel better now that I have vented :D

So now this has happened and it's had a little time to settle...

Prices of RPM and OEM have risen sharply after the pre-patch panic to sell and now both RPM and OEM are going for ~100m (malgus)

Price of 77 augs is down from pre-patch GTN max of 1B and can be found upwards of 400M (malgus)

Basically makes sense as getting a material got buffnerfed and it turns out enabling everyone to farm them at a lower price doesn't mean everyone is actually going to care about doing it.

Aug prices are down and there's more competition as you need 10 mats down from 21 but since there's a variety of augments, some people are trying to keep prices high on less contested versions.

Mat supply is still choked since you'd need to put in solid work across a number of alts to farm up enough to get 1 augment a week (40,000 fragments) and the sellers can still leverage that large time sink to sell mats or completed augments.

It killed off degenerate team ranked farming and I for one have zero reason to tank in MM ops anymore without the bribe of a 1/8 chance of a OEM.

Better? It's down from being a fantasy to make your own set but it's still a long grind to collect 560,000 frags (remember to convert your 1500 conq currency) and that will ensure prices stay incredibly high on the market.

Edited by Gyronamics

Prices of RPM and OEM have risen sharply after the pre-patch panic to sell and now both RPM and OEM are going for ~100m (malgus)

They were always over 100m on my server. Was selling the RPM for 140-160m.

The main problem with this horrible gearing system is that they made it to cater to elitists, the OPS and PVP players and had the dumb idea of making it so PvP gear works in PvE AND because that was not bad enough, made it so if you have as an example a 324 PvP piece, you can get a 326 OPS thus making it so getting PvP gear is the easiest path to max or close to max IR.

They need to revert back to pre 7.0 conquest reward payouts/goals and remove this garbage about using one type of gear to get max in another type while giving another way to make decent tech frags.

There is your fix for the PvP/GSF issues...not this hammer to nail nonsense.

• 3 months later...

So now this has happened and had even longer to settle...

Prices of RPM/OEM have risen considerably (DM) and have NEVER been higher. 150-200m is common.

77 augments are back to the GTN credit cap of 1 billion.

The only silver lining is that a player can, in a realistic timeframe and manner, obtain the mats themselves and do their own crafting.

The only silver lining is that a player can, in a realistic timeframe and manner, obtain the mats themselves and do their own crafting.

The only real solution is, that they roll out level 80 crafting - as promised.

It's really insulting that we don't have new stims or augments in line with lvl 80 stats. Even worse is the situation with medpacks - at level 70 they healed you ~35-45%, at 75 it was down to ~20-25% - and now it is down to 15% what is a bad joke given the incoming damage.

Gold mats are continuing to rise in price.

This has had the effect of removing 77 augments from the GTN (DM)

Why? There's a cap of 1 billion and the mat price is pushing the aug price out of the GTN cap.

People are trading in person not just to avoid taxes but because they have to.