Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how many characters and which crew skills for self-sufficient

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
how many characters and which crew skills for self-sufficient

MarkedOneTR
04.25.2021 , 11:01 AM | #1
First of all, I apologize for bad English. I am playing Sith Assassin and i prefer biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy. but I can choose only one craft skill. so How many characters should I open and what should I choose for them? what should be my plan for self-sufficient?

phalczen
04.25.2021 , 10:04 PM | #2
Well, you will need someone to be Biochem to make all your consumables: medpacks, stims, and adrenals.

You will need an Armstech to make accuracy augments at end game, a Synthweaver to make critical augments, and an Armormech to make alacrity augments. Armstechs also make shield augments and Armormechs make absorb augments, if you plan on doing any tanking. All three of those can make Augmentation Kits to upgrade the armor shells to have augment slots.

For mission skills, you will need someone with Investigation to get the materials for the Armstech, someone with Underworld Trading for the materials for the Synthweaver and Armormech, and someone with Slicing because all the crafters need sliced tech parts. Then of course you will need Diplomacy for the medical supplies for the consumables.

Gathering skills you will need the usual bioanalysis, scavenging, and archeology - you need archeology for the Synthweaver.

That's the bare minimum. The end game "Spoils of War" loot system will get you pretty much everything else you need.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

SteveTheCynic
04.26.2021 , 02:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
All three of those can make Augmentation Kits to upgrade the armor shells to have augment slots.
Not just armour shells, but also weapons, off-hands, implants, relics and earpieces.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

phalczen
04.26.2021 , 03:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Not just armour shells, but also weapons, off-hands, implants, relics and earpieces.
True, I forgot about those.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

MarkedOneTR
04.26.2021 , 04:41 AM | #5
Is 4 characters enough?

SteveTheCynic
04.26.2021 , 09:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkedOneTR View Post
Is 4 characters enough?
One example schema:
* Biochem+Bioanalysis+Diplomacy
* Armormech+Slicing+Underworld-Trading
* Synthweaver+Archaeology+(something)
* Armstech+Scavenging+Investigation

So yes, looks like four would do it, and give one slot to pick as you choose among gathering or mission skills.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.

MarkedOneTR
04.26.2021 , 09:36 AM | #7
thx so much

MarkedOneTR
04.26.2021 , 09:39 AM | #8
is it unnecessary artifice?

MarkedOneTR
04.26.2021 , 09:41 AM | #9
and cybertech sry?

SteveTheCynic
04.26.2021 , 12:34 PM | #10
All the things that Cybertech and Artifice make *for*end-game* are easier and faster and cheaper to obtain via the main gear-acquisition system in-game.

That said, if you want dyes or colour crystals, and you don't want to pay CM or GTN prices for them, you'll be stuck with the ones that Artifice makes. All those "Black and Deep Red" dye modules you see on the GTN are crafted (by players who've gotten their Oricon reputation high enough), and if you get your Oricon reputation up, you can make them, too, and for significantly less than the GTN price.