Can't download from steam

NakoTano

So when opening the launcher from steam, I have this message ''An error as occured. Please exit and restart the SWTOR Launcher.'' Obviously restarting it a hundred time doesn't work. Redownloading it either. What is wrong? I can't be the only one that had this problem but I can't find anything about it. HELP!

I don't think I ever had this issue, maybe try running steam on admin mod? Or add the launcher to the firewall exceptions? Worst case scenario go to EA help and create a thread there, hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

Switched to the Steam launcher yesterday and had no issues , but never fear bioware is here ......now game wont launch thru Steam so deleting the extra waste of space and redownloading ToR. What a Waste of time. Really getting fed up with a company that has made a reported 9 BILLION from a game but can't fix glitches and bugs that have been around since launch.

Switched to the Steam launcher yesterday and had no issues , but never fear bioware is here ......now game wont launch thru Steam so deleting the extra waste of space and redownloading ToR. What a Waste of time. Really getting fed up with a company that has made a reported 9 BILLION from a game but can't fix glitches and bugs that have been around since launch.

Correction: They made 1 billion, not 9.

• 4 weeks later...
So when opening the launcher from steam, I have this message ''An error as occured. Please exit and restart the SWTOR Launcher.'' Obviously restarting it a hundred time doesn't work. Redownloading it either. What is wrong? I can't be the only one that had this problem but I can't find anything about it. HELP!

Had the same issue a couple of days ago and there are a couple of things you can do to fix this issue:

-verify integrity of game files

-run the game as administrator

-check if antivirus is blocking internet connection

for me personally it was a combination of my antivirus blocking the internet connection(bullguard) and the game not launching unless it is ran as administrator